Fiverr Forum

Packages = crash and burn

I’ve have had an INCREDIBLE decrease in sales since adding packages. It makes more sense for me to have packages (pricing wise) but I may have to go back to the old way. I am getting not only less views but less orders. I was getting at least an order a day, I haven’t had an order in a week! And I advertise outside just the search.

It’s disappointing and I wonder what I am doing so wrong all of a sudden :frowning:

In my case my biggest selling point used to be the gig extras but now the extras wont show until the order button is pressed so basically the 3 packages need to replace the 5 old extras.
You cant really go back to the old system, all you can do is offer just one package instead of 3 but extras still wont be visible on the gig page.

I think it will just take some time for things to get back to normal.

I asked customer support if you can have just one package and they said no.

I’m sorry to hear this. And you are featured as well. Before, the first thing people saw was the description. It was there where you could tell people about your gig. That has been replaced with three columns with little check marks. Is there any way you can go back to the old way?

You can turn the packages off and just have it set up similar to the old way. That’s what I did since packages did not work for me either. You are not doing anything wrong. Some sellers have found great success in packages others did not. I also believe it’s based on the category as well and a lot of buyers are still trying to get the hang out of it. This will take some time to get used to. Make some changes and see how it goes. Best of luck.

Edit: I just looked through your gig description and I find it very confusing and overwhelming. If I would be a buyer and not very familiar with the design category I would be completely overwhelmed. What you can do is maybe edit your gig description a little and try a different gig image and see if it would make a difference as well ;).

I’m glad to hear you can set it up the old way although I see the extras now are on top of the description.

Tell me what is confusing? I’ve not changed much in the year I’ve been here and lists what’s included and what isn’t and asked you to contact me with questions. I’ve done fairly well until this last week. I’m not sure how to make it more clear without leaving things wide open.

I took a good look at your main gig and all I see wrong is the packages come before the description. People first need to want it, and then be presented with prices.

Now it’s like here are the prices take your pick. But wait, they haven’t even had a chance to be told about the service. All they’ve seen is a few samples and some prices. If they first invest the time in reading about it they will then be much more inclined to want it.

I did some revisions to better explain why I charge more for some drawings. This is all very hard for me to understand. I stinks to have such a huge decline.

Thank you for taking the time to look at it and read through etc. I realize how valuable people’s time is.

I completely sympathize with you on the decline! I think the packages are a problem for some. I would try to lower your prices if you can to see if that helps. Use the word “FREE” in the 2nd and 3rd packages also to say you are including something free in them to try that.

I agree with @MissCrystal. Also everything what you have to offer is displayed in your packages therefor you might not need to explain it in detail in your gig description? I just looked at your gig and I think you have made some changes already? I like that much better. I always find the first 2 sentences of a gig description the most valuable…tell your clients why they should be buying from you and not from others. I also realize the logo category is very congested. Don’t be discouraged, you have a very unique style and that makes you stand out. As said before the packages might be the issue here. Try something different. I sincerely wish you the best of luck!!!

P.S. One more thing, reduce your delivery time to attract more buyers (if you can) ;).

I can’t. I have five kids, lol and two are under 5. HA!

Wow, you have your hands full. I don’t know how you do it but that is awesome :).

You have life outside of fiverr?!

Strange tried multiple times over the last couple of months to go back to the old system and all i got has been what i described above. Finally gave up and replaced old extras with the 3 packages.