Pay attention to your messages

itsyourthing

Here’s a great tip for buyers that will help sellers too!

If you’re contacting a seller before ordering, great! But here’s the tip: if you’re asking for a service or product that you have to type in code so it doesn’t get flagged, the service or product isn’t allowed on Fiverr!

Here’s an example Q & A: “You do Y3lp review?”; "No, I do not do Y3lp review!"

Bonus tip, yay!: The gig description describes the gig! If you read the description first and it says “I do not post reviews”, you can save yourself the time and effort of sending a message and simply get on with your day!

Let’s all pay attention and make Fiverr an awesome place for buyers and sellers! 😃

Thank you. There is a buyer currently making the rounds with this exact request, maybe they will see your post! Good advice either way.

I’ll add to the tip chain. When you message a seller before ordering, try to be precise about your request and don’t write in textspeak. If you write “How much u charge 4 book?” and my gig description states my price by word count for blog articles, we are off to a rough start. Instead write “I need a 10,000 word e-book on starting a business.” That is clear enough for me to know if I can do what you want and possibly give a quote. If I can’t help (since my gig doesn’t mention e-books) I may be able to refer you to another writer and give them a heads up on your exact need.

Reply to @fonthaunt:

fonthaunt said: There is a buyer currently making the rounds with this exact request, maybe they will see your post!
Probably the one who 'inspired' me to write it! This person didn't do it, but I always extra love it when they want to see my Y3lp account to make sure it's good enough for them!

I like your add-on tip (of course I do, it makes sense!) but asking them to read seems over the top, and now you want them to write too? Maybe we can start a Fiverr revolution! (Or at least some English as a Second Language gigs!) :)

Guest norrsken_marc

Reply to @itsyourthing: “Oh my! You give 3 million likes to the my Facebook for 5$!?” 🙂

The only word I had to type in code thus far has been p a y p a l simply because Fiverr doesn’t allow the word pay. I’ve seen plenty of Gigs though with 20-50 different ways of writing the same word (twitter or fb or ig). Who wouldn’t want to do business with someone who will give f a ceb ook likes? I agree with you when you write “the gig description describes the gig”. Good post!

Reply to @philtabest: If there’s one thing I hate more than spam, it’s inefficient spam! 😉

(I’m guessing he just wanted an excuse to post his username/link and look helpful at the same time without risking an extra profile link?. I don’t know, it’s beyond me.)

EDIT: It looks like the ‘intended links’ are being replaced with generic forum links. I can hear that conversation: “I know, let’s replace the spammy Fiverr user links with spammy Fiverr forum links - that’ll be awesome!”.

Archived