Pay using PayPal balance instead of debit card?

overgeek

Hi all!

Whenever I try to buy a gig with PayPal it tries to charge the debit card that’s attached to my PayPal account instead of the balance that I have available.

Is it possible to use my PayPal balance to buy gigs instead of it having to charge my debit card?

• Like 5

The PayPal balance is always used as the primary funding source. Maybe you have the PayPal balance in different currency and that’s why it is happening. This is a PayPal’s thing. You have to contact them to solve this thing.

Try this:
Disable the Pay After Delivery feature from your account is:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
  2. Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
  3. Under ‘Payment settings’, beside ‘Payment preferences’, click Edit .
  4. Under ‘Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay’, click Turn this option off .

I hope this helps.
Source

If this doesn’t work, then contact PayPal customer support.

• Like 5

The PayPal balance is always used as the primary funding source. Maybe you have the PayPal balance in different currency and that’s why it is happening. This is a PayPal’s thing. You have to contact them to solve this thing.

Try this:

4. Under ‘Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay’, click Turn this option off .

I hope this helps.

Source

Thanks, I will check it out 🙂

• Like 5

Hi all!

Whenever I try to buy a gig with PayPal it tries to charge the debit card that’s attached to my PayPal account instead of the balance that I have available.

Is it possible to use my PayPal balance to buy gigs instead of it having to charge my debit card?

That sounds like an issue with your PayPal settings. Make sure you have the “Pay with my balance” option selected and the correct currency chosen. If I recall correctly, PayPal didn’t let me make a purchase until I converted the currency to the one of the merchant from whom I was purchasing (this wasn’t on Fiverr). It may have been a bug, I don’t know.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Hi! Sorry for necroing this thread but I’m experiencing the same issue right now. My Paypal has the required currency (USD) and it’s enough to cover the cost I need for the gig but for some weird reason, I don’t get the option to choose to pay using my Paypal balance. Instead, it forces me to use my card which is local and will cost me quite a bit in exchange fees.

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Okay, I fixed it. Apparently, I need to remove the checkmark on “Remember for Future Payments” for the Paypal balance option to pop up

• Like 11

• 4 months later...

Try this:

I hope this helps.

Source

unfortunately this option isn’t available on my landing page

Under ‘Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay’, click Turn this option off

i have to pay 17.83 for the gig and i have 18 so should be suffice but paypal won’t let me pay with my balance

paypal2.jpg.421d1934be4d0575e60b0bebd840fa82.jpg
paypal2700×566 46.8 KB
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Hi! Sorry for necroing this thread but I’m experiencing the same issue right now. My Paypal has the required currency (USD) and it’s enough to cover the cost I need for the gig but for some weird reason, I don’t get the option to choose to pay using my Paypal balance. Instead, it forces me to use my card which is local and will cost me quite a bit in exchange fees.

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Okay, I fixed it. Apparently, I need to remove the checkmark on “Remember for Future Payments” for the Paypal balance option to pop up

It worked for me as well. Thank you

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

hi everyone, i have a big problem. I don’t get the option to choose to pay using my Debit Card. Instead, it forces me to use PayPal (which i don't even use)
I even removed the checkmark on “Remember for Future Payments” to see if that makes change but still the only option i have is PayPal.
I'm stuck this problem almost 3 days and all the Fiverr instruction & guides are outdated and don't work at all. most instructions say "Go to Billing info" to change the payment option but the Billing info is all about address and doesn't include any payment options. this is a serious problem. something must be wrong with Fiverr.

if someone can help me solve it, I would appreciate. thanks!

• Like 4

• 1 year later...