Fiverr Forum

Payment fees?

I recently sold my first gig. I was aware that Fiverr takes $1 as fee leaving me with $4. But only $3.92 was sent to my PayPal acct. I know it’s not that much but I’m just curious as to the extra cents in fees. Does anyone know?

Paypals fee is usually 2.9% + 30 cents. So it looks like you actually came out ahead somehow.

I know I know old thread and all.

Reply to @briansflynn:

Fiverr Takes $1 after buyer send you 5$?. Or

Fiverr takes $1 when you transfer to any of your payment account?.

It’s because of the paypal fee. When I received my payment, it was also $3.92. Your payment should be okay the way it is, no need to worry too much.

Anyway check out my gig if anyone wants more facebook likes

https://www.fiverr.com/s/6k0248

Reply to @kjblynx: I think 20% is too much.

Reply to @cntranslator: I think the same. For a company who makes $1-5 million a month, they could apply a 0.5% fee to have a tremendous revenue anyway.

I have make 3 gig but still not get salling order can anyone tell me what is problem here is my profile checkout my gig please :
https://www.fiverr.com/gurudeziner

*The right answer to this question is that:

• Fiverr takes 20% of your profits
  • Paypal takes 2% of each transaction (up to a maximum of 1$ per transaction)

So basically, it’s best you wait till you have a large amount of profits before you withdrawal any of it.

This exact answer is not stated in Fiverr TOS

can anyone tell me that why fiverr takes 20%.

Tarun fiverr is a Mediator between you and buyer and they are providing you 24*7 running platform so its their Fees,Not only fiverr others sites does that too

Why Fiverr takes 20%? Seems a lot right? Well, if you think about it, it’s actually not.

They have built a massive website, with an army of coders.
They do continuous marketing, so the Fiverr brand is well known, and buyers come to Fiverr to buy services, not to Fiver’s competitors (oh boy, there is a lot)
They do customer service (well, sort of, that’s an area they should improve a lot, as a seller I am highly unsatisfied)
They build in a payment processing area, so you don’t have to deal with each and every customer on how to get paid. Your clients are people having a credit card/paypal on file, they can order with a push of a button.

So if you look at all the above, 20% sounds actually reasonable for me. Do they earn millions? Maybe. Did they work for it? Absolutely.

Looking at your alternative: Build your own website, and do all the tasks above, and then you only pay 3-4% to a payment processor (unless, you want to build up one from scratch too)

Have a great day!