Payoneer filed for insolvency

matthew999

I got a message from Payoneer that they filed for insolvency and there will be a freeze of existing money held in all Payoneer accounts. The message made it seems like new funds can transfer in and out but existing funds will be frozen for an unknown amount of time… but, Payoneer thinks that will be a short time and it will be unfrozen at some point. This is all confusing and shocking. What exactly is happening?

Check out the thread below. People have been chatting about this issue all day. As you can imagine, it’s gotten many sellers worried.

NOTE: It’s still not clear which users are affected as of now, and there’s still no official response from Payoneer. Looks like only card transactions are affected. EDIT: Latest update from Payonerr courtesy of @chupavix: https://blog.payoneer.com/exclusive/wirecard-prepaid-card-update/ I had my card rejected several times this morning, which of course prompted me to communicate with Payoneer CS. Their response was that all funds are frozen temporarily by the FCA, the regulator in UK. The r…

I got a message from Payoneer that they filed for insolvency and there will be a freeze of existing money held in all Payoneer accounts. The message made it seems like new funds can transfer in and out but existing funds will be frozen for an unknown amount of time… but, Payoneer thinks that will be a short time and it will be unfrozen at some point. This is all confusing and shocking. What exactly is happening?

Payoneer that they filed for insolvency and there will be a freeze of existing money held in all Payoneer accounts

This is amazing. Mind boggling. How would a company like this file for insolvency? It seems impossible.

Archived