PayPal Chargeback Will Get You Banned

fastcopywriter

Some buyers want to get something for nothing. A buyer who made a $40 order told me, “Thank you so much i will take number 10” after 3 revisions.

The matter seemed over, but today I got this e-mail.

====
Hi fastcopywriter,

A dispute was opened via PayPal for your order F00000000: write 10 brand names for your business in 3 days. As a result, we have to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work.

If the dispute is resolved, the buyer will receive an offer to reorder your Gig.

Thanks,
The Fiverr Team

So I woke up with -$32 in my balance. You read that correctly, I’m literally in the red.

The only good news is that when I sought out the buyer, when I clicked on his name, I found this:

“The user account you are looking for is no longer available.”

So beware, buyers! If you want refunds, always go through Fiverr Customer Service. Click resolution center. But if you go through paypal, you will get banned!

indeed there is no support for buyers here at all!

No support for buyers? Why would you want to support a crook who used PayPal to get his money back? He didn’t even review my order, he wrote

"Thank you so much i will take number 10”

Which implies he was happy with the work.

Buyers have all the support in the world, I even had an order refunded by CS 2-weeks after it was delivered. The rules state that orders are marked complete in 3-days.

I’m just glad to see Fiverr hates PayPal chargeback crooks as much as I do. I hate PayPal for allowing it, what kind of nonsense is this? If I buy something with a VISA or American Express, I can’t just call the credit card companies and get my money back. They have to investigate what happened. PayPal doesn’t investigate, it simply grants chargebacks, it’s ridiculous.

No support for buyers? Why would you want to support a crook who used PayPal to get his money back? He didn’t even review my order, he wrote

Buyers have all the support in the world, I even had an order refunded by CS 2-weeks after it was delivered. The rules state that orders are marked complete in 3-days.

I’m just glad to see Fiverr hates PayPal chargeback crooks as much as I do. I hate PayPal for allowing it, what kind of nonsense is this? If I buy something with a VISA or American Express, I can’t just call the credit card companies and get my money back. They have to investigate what happened. PayPal doesn’t investigate, it simply grants chargebacks, it’s ridiculous.

oh sorry i meant no support for seller haha!

Sadly, this happens too often…

How much trouble do these people go through to scam sellers? I’ve never filed for a fraudulent charge before, but I imagine they have to prove that their card was stolen or go through a card replacement process after filing, right?

If the credit card was stolen, then that’s a different story.

I suspect that buyer accounts are only deactivated until the dispute is settled.

This can be if they cancel the chargeback OR if Fiverr agrees with it OR if the chargeback is successful after 30 days.

I base this on my own experience where a user did a chargeback and after some time I saw the account submitted another Buyer Request - sure enough, the account was active again. Never got an explanation from CS and gave up on it.

If I buy something with a VISA or American Express, I can’t just call the credit card companies and get my money back. They have to investigate what happened. PayPal doesn’t investigate, it simply grants chargebacks, it’s ridiculous.

I was under the impression that filing a chargeback meant the cardholder is claiming it as a fraudulent transaction. I had no idea you could just tell PayPal “I have buyer’s remorse” and get a refund! That totally stinks.

If I buy something with a VISA or American Express, I can’t just call the credit card companies and get my money back. They have to investigate what happened. PayPal doesn’t investigate, it simply grants chargebacks, it’s ridiculous.

I was under the impression that filing a chargeback meant the cardholder is claiming it as a fraudulent transaction. I had no idea you could just tell PayPal “I have buyer’s remorse” and get a refund! That totally stinks.

Usually, the seller paypal account (in our case Fiverr) has 30 days to respond if there is a dispute.

If the seller account can prove the order was delivered then Paypal rule in their favor. I have had a few outside of Fiverr and never lost - Paypal are decent in that sense - just freelance platforms dont seem to have a handle on how to handle the issue.

I suspect that buyer accounts are only deactivated until the dispute is settled.

This can be if they cancel the chargeback OR if Fiverr agrees with it OR if the chargeback is successful after 30 days.

I base this on my own experience where a user did a chargeback and after some time I saw the account submitted another Buyer Request - sure enough, the account was active again. Never got an explanation from CS and gave up on it.

That is scary. Why would Fiverr want a buyer like that? Fiverr is like me, about making money, you can’t make money with people that do chargebacks. If anything, you’re only creating complications for Fiverr.

It’s the same reason they don’t allow paid reviews anymore:

Amazon sued 1,114 reviewers in Washington state court on October 16, 2015.

Small Business Trends – 22 Oct 15

amazon-review-8.jpg

Are Fiverrs Running Scared From Amazon Fake Reviews Lawsuit?

Less than a week after Amazon cracked down on fake reviews by filing a lawsuit, the sale of fake...

Maybe Fiverr thought, “we’re next” and decided to crack down.

Either way, something must be done. Maybe PayPal use should be limited to sellers, I don’t know.

Archived