Paypal dispute: Have I been shut down?

I received an email from Fiverr that read:

"Hi stop_it_man, We have been informed by PayPal that a dispute was opened for your order FO82BE955A41: create an awesome 60 second voiceover TODAY. As a result, we are forced to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work. "

I assumed by “discontinue your work” it meant my work on that order (which was completed some time ago). But instantly my orders went from as much as 100 dollars worth a day to ZERO a day, instantly.

Am I to understand, then, that I can do absolutely nothing on Fiverr until this dispute is resolved?

If so, how long will it take to resolve the dispute?

Is there anything I can do to expedite the resolution?

I have no idea what the problem is, but I would gladly pay the five dollars to the buyer out of my own pocket if I could just start working again.

I have grown to heavily count on my Fiverr income. Does anyone have any experience with this or insights about it that they can share with me?

As fiverr is still a developing work in progress, I hope that issues like these will be sorted out.

Unfortunately, there are always bad apples out there who will take advantage of honest sellers.

I personally think that sellers should have more power over blocking certain buyers.

I try not to let it get to me too much if there are individuals who take advantage by gaming the system for free work.

However, I feel your frustration and understand. I think fiverr wants people to do well here and they will refine the system to iron out many discrepancies where some buyers can theoretically take advantage.

Out of almost 450 gigs completed, I would have to say that my experience with nefarious people has thus far been limited(knock on wood…ahem).

As fiverr is still a developing work in progress, I hope that issues like these will be sorted out.

Unfortunately, there are always bad apples out there who will take advantage of honest sellers.

I personally think that sellers should have more power over blocking certain buyers.

I try not to let it get to me too much if there are individuals who take advantage by gaming the system for free work.

However, I feel your frustration and understand. I think fiverr wants people to do well here and they will refine the system to iron out many discrepancies where some buyers can theoretically take advantage.

Out of almost 450 gigs completed, I would have to say that my experience with nefarious people has thus far been limited(knock on wood…ahem).

@madmoo - thanks for the answer. But I’m already the #1 spot on the express order page for my category (voiceovers). I can’t understand how I went from endless feast to desperate famine the minute I received that email. I did contact customer support, but I’m freaking out.

Thanks, madmoo. I still haven’t heard back from customer service, but perhaps that’s all it is. I find the timing highly suspicious, but I suppose much stranger things have happened.