Paypal Vs Payoneer (Indian Sellers)

amansr

I know that this question has been asked many times. But I can’t help it. The responses are very confusing. And I’ve also heard that Payoneer recently changed their fees. As an Indian seller, which one do you think is better and why?

• Like 17
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

I’m also interested in knowing this so let me know.

As for me, I’m currently using Payoneer and their conversion rate isn’t that bad but it’s definitely not accurate. So if on google 1USD = 75 INR, I’ll get a conversion rate of around 74INR.
As for their service fee, it’s a fixed $3 USD even up to payments of like 800 USD, that’s the max I’ve debited atm, soon I’ll be trying if the service fee increases if you cross the $1000 limit but I don’t think it will.
Also, I feel the confusion is there because their rates are different depending on where you’re from so definitely interested in knowing a detailed answer on this from Indian Sellers.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

As for me, I’m currently using Payoneer and their conversion rate isn’t that bad but it’s definitely not accurate. So if on google 1USD = 75 INR, I’ll get a conversion rate of around 74INR.

As for their service fee, it’s a fixed $3 USD even up to payments of like 800 USD, that’s the max I’ve debited atm, soon I’ll be trying if the service fee increases if you cross the $1000 limit but I don’t think it will.

Also, I feel the confusion is there because their rates are different depending on where you’re from so definitely interested in knowing a detailed answer on this from Indian Sellers.

One thing that I’ve observed using Paypal’s currency converter is that their conversion rates are not very pleasing. I’ve also heard that the total charge can be upto 9-10%. Btw do you also get charged extra 2 percent of the whole amount along with the $3 fee as stated by payoneer?

• Like 14
  • Up 1

One thing that I’ve observed using Paypal’s currency converter is that their conversion rates are not very pleasing. I’ve also heard that the total charge can be upto 9-10%. Btw do you also get charged extra 2 percent of the whole amount along with the $3 fee as stated by payoneer?

I’ve been using Paypal for last 6 years.

I’ve also heard that the total charge can be upto 9-10%.

That’s not right. Paypal’s currency conversion fee is 2.5% (+18% GST) only. You can apply for refund of that 18% GST.

I’ve never tried Payoneer, not sure about their fees.

• Like 14
  • Congrats! 1

Btw do you also get charged extra 2 percent of the whole amount along with the $3 fee as stated by payoneer?

I’m not sure, I’ve never checked it that carefully but I’ll be debiting again in a few days and I’ll post here again regarding all the conversions and calculations and screenshots from payoneer as well.

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, I am an Indian seller as well, and I have not yet withdrawn any of my earnings. I wanted to know, payoneer has an annual fee of around $30, if you sign up using Fiverr do you still have to pay this annual fee?

And I heard there is an inactivity fee as well, where you are charged if your account remains inactive for more than 30 days. Does payoneer charge you these fees as well?

I’m sorry if I’m asking way too many questions, I’m just super confused.

• Like 14

Hey, I am an Indian seller as well, and I have not yet withdrawn any of my earnings. I wanted to know, payoneer has an annual fee of around $30, if you sign up using Fiverr do you still have to pay this annual fee?

And I heard there is an inactivity fee as well, where you are charged if your account remains inactive for more than 30 days. Does payoneer charge you these fees as well?

I’m sorry if I’m asking way too many questions, I’m just super confused.

1573362230_Screenshot2020-05-27at02_11_16.thumb.jpg.f2ca6d8648c3e4819cf039f68e6dde06.jpg
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 02.11.161298×1050 156 KB

This is how fiverr is set up with Payoneer. 2% + 3$ Is their total fee on any transaction you make. Not sure what the minimum amount is.

However, their conversion rate is definitely better than what Paypal offers in my opinion.

I wanted to know, payoneer has an annual fee of around $30

I wasn’t charged and I think it’s for people who want to get a payoneer credit card, I just directly debit it to my bank account.

And I heard there is an inactivity fee as well, where you are charged if your account remains inactive for more than 30 days. Does Payoneer charge you these fees as well?

Only if you use the card. Also, it’s 1 year of inactivity not 1 month. 🙂

• Like 16

This is how fiverr is set up with Payoneer. 2% + 3$ Is their total fee on any transaction you make. Not sure what the minimum amount is.

However, their conversion rate is definitely better than what Paypal offers in my opinion.

I wanted to know, payoneer has an annual fee of around $30

I wasn’t charged and I think it’s for people who want to get a payoneer credit card, I just directly debit it to my bank account.

And I heard there is an inactivity fee as well, where you are charged if your account remains inactive for more than 30 days. Does Payoneer charge you these fees as well?

Only if you use the card. Also, it’s 1 year of inactivity not 1 month. 🙂

Oh, thank you so much! I heard the minimum withdrawal amount is $20. I think payoneer is overall a better option.

• Like 12

That’s not right. Paypal’s currency conversion fee is 2.5% (+18% GST) only. You can apply for refund of that 18% GST.

Thank you for your response. Can you elaborate?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your response. Can you elaborate?

By far, payoneer is the best option. I have been withdrawing from the past 6 months and they have never charged me any sort of additional fees yet. Not even the 3 dollars. They do not charge fees for indian sellers.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

By far, payoneer is the best option. I have been withdrawing from the past 6 months and they have never charged me any sort of additional fees yet. Not even the 3 dollars. They do not charge fees for indian sellers.

I don’t understand. In my Payoneer profile, it’s showing $3 + 2% charge.

• Like 13

87831769_PaypalVsPayoneer(IndianSellers)-YourFiverrExperience-FiverrForum-GoogleChrome07-06-202017_38_42.thumb.png.92f938bad18fcbb2d28fd07c9d1802a3.png
Paypal Vs Payoneer (Indian Sellers) - Your Fiverr Experience - Fiverr Forum - Google Chrome 07-06-2020 17_38_421366×728 70.8 KB

UPDATE: I made a small withdrawal of $112 a few days ago. And Payoneer charged $3 ( No extra 2%) for it.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

UPDATE: I made a small withdrawal of $112 a few days ago. And Payoneer charged $3 ( No extra 2%) for it.

I went with the exchange rate of 28 May, calculations might not be 100% accurate but I think payoneer charged you 2%. On 28 May exchange rate was 75.98 and as I can see in screenshot, you were paid by the exchange rate of 73.98

$112 X 75.98 is ₹8,509.76‬

$112 X 73.98 is ₹8,285.76

₹8,509.76‬ - ₹8,285.76 = ₹224 ($3.02) (apart from $3 fee they charge on every transation)

₹8,285.76 - $3 (₹221.94) = ₹8,063.82‬

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I went with the exchange rate of 28 May, calculations might not be 100% accurate but I think payoneer charged you 2%. On 28 May exchange rate was 75.98 and as I can see in screenshot, you were paid by the exchange rate of 73.98

$112 X 75.98 is ₹8,509.76‬

$112 X 73.98 is ₹8,285.76

₹8,509.76‬ - ₹8,285.76 = ₹224 ($3.02) (apart from $3 fee they charge on every transation)

₹8,285.76 - $3 (₹221.94) = ₹8,063.82‬

The 2% mentioned on Payoneer was 2% of the whole amount and not the exchange rate. Exchange rate on google are often a bit inflated. No company gives you the exact market exchange rate, not even your bank. It’s always a little less.

• Like 12
  • Up 1

• 1 year later...

Hello to all ,

Coming straight to point :

Usually when I used to withdraw my money via paypal , paypal used to Convert the currency at a price 7% below the market price .

i.e. If USD price is $1 = ₹72 it will convert it to INR at price $1 = ₹66.96 (That’s 7% down the market price).

But yesterday when I withdrawn my PayPal money the conversion rates were totally different :

The market price was $1 = ₹73.13 approx , it got converted to INR at price $1 = ₹70.31 (That’s 3.8% down the market price) .

So can we say that PayPal has reduced its conversion rate from 7% to between 3.5%-4% .

Can someone check it and tell me ?

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

• 11 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 7:42 AM, akshatjain5 said:

So can we say that PayPal has reduced its conversion rate from 7% to between 3.5%-4% .

Well the USD has gone up quite a bit recently. So it's most likely that. Check the local currency conversion rates and you will see that.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...