Fiverr Forum

People who message you for weeks without buying

Does anyone else get people who send messages asking things and asking for custom offers for weeks but they never make a purchase?

Once a week at least I have to tell someone to stop sending me messages.

They say they are ready to buy, and want me to send an offer, then they disappear for a week then it’s the same thing again later. I have no idea why they do it.

15 Likes

That’s a heck of a long time.

A few days, sure, but never weeks.

1 Like

This last one went on for two weeks, I sent three different custom offers, and now he’s back again asking more questions and asking for another offer. I just told him to stop sending me messages. He said he’s new but his account has been here for two years. He is supposedly in US but the messages sound like another country.

I may pick this kind of thing up from being on the forum so much. They never contact me from one of my gigs. I’m not sure what the motive is.

2 Likes

I have quite a number of clients that do that. I call them clients because they come back to purchase the offer after a long time. I had one as long as 6 months (I have considered putting a 30-day expiration on offers from now).

Imagine I am on vacation and someone orders a custom offer from the inbox. That will be disastrous

6 Likes

@misscrystal same happens with me

2 Likes

It’s work for me to continue answering messages and questions for weeks.
I prefer not to do this and don’t want to get an order from them.

I don’t want to work for someone who is aggravating.

1 Like

Yes, I waited 2-3 months after I sent an offer out, by then my prices changed. Luckily they messaged first before buying and I was able to withdraw the offer I had previously put out. Lesson learned: Expiration dates on custom offers are important.

7 Likes

Yes good point. I had one who messaged me this way for months and disappeared, then came back recently and I saw the old offers I had sent which I immediately cancelled.

4 Likes

Happens to me sometimes. If they don’t accept the offer within a few days, I withdraw it.

4 Likes

Also, I put expiry dates on them (alas, doesn´t work for BR offers), in case I might forget to withdraw.

5 Likes

My guess would be

1. They are VERY lonely
  2. They are trying to become “friends” with you first and let them know their sob stories
    so you can give them a discount
  3. They are just so darn bored
  4. They are just douches and they do it just to annoy you

I’m sorry you have to deal with them though, it can get quite annoying!!

6 Likes

Actually ,it,s depends on fully buyer,s response.

1 Like

@misscrystal

It happened to me so many times. A buyer contacted me two weeks before Christmas and discussed a bulk project -10 articles writing. After one week she came back to share with me article topics and I sent her a custom offer after a long discussion.

Again a week after, she told me that it was not possible to accept the offer because she does not have enough money in her account. Then I sent again a new offer for 5 articles as she said. As usual, she vanished!

Again, this buyer came back (1 week after) and told me still she could not afford it with Fiverr charge! She requested me again for a new offer with a lesser rate only for 1 article.

Still, I did not get her project! The buyer did not answer the message quickly, so all the conversation was continued for minimum an hour. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The same here. But sometimes they return! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally!

I had a few ones who kept messaging me once a month, for several months in a row, starting to repeat their initial questions at a point, making me think that I’m dealing with people having memory-related issues…

I had one in particular who messaged me a few times a week, always ending his messages with something along the lines of “OK, I’m ready to place an order - will do it right now”, then radio silence for a few days when he came back with more questions, but ending them the same way :man_facepalming: I eventually created an offer for him to accept, but no, it was too friggin hard to click on “Accept” because of the endless questions :roll_eyes:

In my case, I think I’m either dealing with people having memory-related issues, or people who are just too afraid of clicking the “Order” button because they will lose their money on a service or product :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It sounds like the same person I’ve been dealing with!

1 Like

Welcome to the club and I have the answers you seek.

For me, these people are new to whatever they’re doing and they simply need someone experience to answer their questions. Recently I doubled down on one of em and he literally told me that he didn’t want to buy. The best part is that when I told him to stop contacting me he had the audacity to paint me as the bad guy.

2 Likes

In the past week I’ve had to tell two of them to stop contacting me. I kind of snapped at the last one it was so bad. It’s been going on for over two months.

Also there are a lot lately who say send me another offer (after not accepting the other two offers I’ve sent) and I will get it later this week.
I told them to not ask until they are ready to buy. So one said “I’m ready to buy it tomorrow.” I said ok then just go to my gig and choose what you want tomorrow, and the person said “no I need an offer” so I think they enjoy having me send multiple offers they then ignore.

3 Likes

Last time I did that, the user (not buyer) told me that my answer wasn’t what he expected from a TRS :roll_eyes: I almost told him that TRS stands for Top Rated Seller, not Top Rated Responder :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Just the other day, someone asked me what discount I was offering since he or she saw an ad somewhere that there was a discount on Fiverr.

1 Like