Petition to: add time to timer when modifications requested

inkpetal

Hello all. Please sign your name and have your opinion voiced.

Once this thread has reached a total of 50 signatures/unique member posts agreeing with the request I will personally contact customer service and hopefully the community will be noticed on this concerning issue. Even if this does not affect your gigs, please sign to support those it does.

What it’s for:

Currently a buyer can “Request Modification” a day before a delivery is due and the deadline will stay the same. In most cases it means a complete revision of the work, complete recreation impossible to complete in 24 hours let alone 2*. The timer keeps ticking, late deliveries happen, and buyers can cancel leaving negative automatic feedback AND no pay for the work merely because the seller has been generous enough to offer revisions.

This is not a fair or professional situation, and so far my dealings with CS have skimmed the issue preferring to deal with cancellations on individual basis- which is undeniably an incredible effort on their part, but the institution of extended deadlines that are clearly displayed for both parties will simply save CS and sellers a lot of time and effort, and save buyers the frustration of inaccurate deadlines. The Fiverr definitions page states that modification requested jobs go in to ‘rejected’ mode and are on pause, but the timer does not stop, for anyone, so it is not a bug, it is a flaw, but that in itself is not the issue - it is the simple fact that we need deadlines to be not only extended buy displayed for both seller and buyer to see clearly when more work is required.

It is not asking too much that Fiverr put something in to development that will make Fiverr a more professional business space.

How to sign:

Start by writing the number of your signature after the post before yours (1. 2. 3…). Please sign as it’s own comment and reply to others separately. Then copy and paste:

I SIGN IN SUPPORT: ADDITION OF TIME TO TIMERS AND DISPLAY OF EXTENDED DEADLINE WHEN MODIFICATIONS ARE REQUESTED

*I’ve experienced a delay in the delivery from Fiverr of a modification request notification for 22 hours. Active all day and checking my alerts, it appeared 22 hours after the request had been lodged as a ‘new’ message, leaving me with 2 hours to complete the work. This cannot continue, for any user.

Please note that this isn’t an official Fiverr post (nor is it an attack on Fiverr), the petition may not work, but at least we can show the team that the community have united needs that need addressing.

Thank you all.

The timer doesn’t actually keep ticking for me, at least. It may say 3 hours and it pretends to tick down the seconds but it actually stays right in place. I’m not even sure why this seems to be an issue for you guys. Also - just do your revisions quickly, or as top priority, or talk to your buyers if that isn’t possible. Modifications are the least of my worries.

Reply to @carrieblogger: I’m pleased it is not an issue for you, but advice that sellers should just be faster and get over it overlooks the fact that the timer display needs fixing (both an inaccurate countdown display and events running to “#LATE##” are problems) and that extra time should be allowed when sellers essentially have to do the job a second time. Some sellers aren’t in the position where a modification only means a slight alteration.

I Think the modification time should start after the buyer request for modification. Otherwise sellers don’t find full time for modification. ( For example) Once I delivered a service in my deliver time. But the buyer request for modification when modification time were less than 1hour. That’s time I were outside of my workplace. I came back after about 2 hour. But in this time I failed to deliver in time. For that I got a negative feedback. So it will be great if the modification time will start after the buyer request for modification.

• 3 weeks later...

1. I SIGN IN SUPPORT: ADDITION OF TIME TO TIMERS AND DISPLAY OF EXTENDED DEADLINE WHEN MODIFICATIONS ARE REQUESTED

I have also submitted a suggestion regarding gig delivery time calculation due to buyers incomplete information due to one or the other reason. The timer start even if buyer submits incomplete information and you are not able to work on your gig but do some extra work to be able to do the actual gig. The link is below:

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/43814/gig-delivery-time-calculation#Item_1

• 3 weeks later...

14 ? - I SIGN IN SUPPORT: ADDITION OF TIME TO TIMERS AND DISPLAY OF EXTENDED DEADLINE WHEN MODIFICATIONS ARE REQUESTED - I also agree that there should be a way to fix the problem when a buyer orders a gig, but doesn’t submit the information you need to get started and yet the clock is counting down.

You must not be aware of this, but after a modification is requested, yes the timer does keep ticking but you’re not late if it goes past the timer. This happens all the time for me. I deliver my express 24 hour order, then the buyer requests a modification and the timer keeps going but I have let the timer pass many times and it does not mark it as late. As long as you deliver the first time on time then you’re fine. So you don’t have to worry about being marked late on a modification. Therefore, there is no point for extended time.

The functionality is supposed to work like this: when a seller delivers, the clock is set to be marked as complete. When the buyer requests modifications, the timer to complete pauses.

If the clock on the order page continues to tick, then it may be a technical issue. If you are experiencing this, please report it to our support team so that they can look into it.

Reply to @natalieab @kjblynx: If in fact our timers are glitching and the running in to overtime is supposed to have no effect, in this instance it doesn’t altogether matter.

The problem is communication.

I’d propose that the modification request process be informing buyers that their product ETA has been extended. In which case a new ETA ought to be given, which would mean adding time to the timer to communicate clearly for both parties.

At the very least it would be useful to have the timer no longer on display if it truly has become irrelevant.

It’s a feature that simply makes too much sense not to exist.

Archived