Petition to lower or zero tax on tips

l22design

Hello there…
It’s been a rough year with Covid-19 out there, and we who work with fiverr always try to do a great work to get a great ratings on fiverr right? Because a great rating is a great way to boost our sales and get more money.
But when it comes to that exeptional work you did for someone and the client want to give you a extra tip, Fiverr cuts 20% of the tip too! This behavior makes me want to quit fiverr, even if this is the best and easier freelance platform I’ve found to work online.

Fiverr could make us so much happier if the tax for the tips were zero or low enough. The client has already paid for the job, and Fiverr already tax the buyer and the seller, and wants to tax the tip too? does the tip is taxed from both sides too?

I’m the only one here who think it’s wrong to tax tips?

PLEASE SHARE AND COMMENT THIS TOPIC AND LET’S MAKE THIS BE HEARD

This is done to prevent fraud.
There are already many threads on this topic:

It’s also a safety net for Fiverr. If there wouldn’t be a charge like this, people would just do $5 orders and promise sellers to pay them via a tip for the rest. I can’t even imagine how many scammers would do this and newcomers would fall like flies for an order. So… it makes sense since it preserves the platform integrity and prevents scammers. Tips are not mandatory anyway…

(Personally, I think if the percentage taken from tips were scaled (5% on first $5, increasing 1% per $1, and 20% on $20 and everything above) there would be a few fewer complaints)

It’s also a safety net for Fiverr. If there wouldn’t be a charge like this, people would just do $5 orders and promise sellers to pay them via a tip for the rest. I can’t even imagine how many scammers would do this and newcomers would fall like flies for an order. So… it makes sense since it preserves the platform integrity and prevents scammers. Tips are not mandatory anyway…

(Personally, I think if the percentage taken from tips were scaled (5% on first $5, increasing 1% per $1, and 20% on $20 and everything above) there would be a few fewer complaints)

I think if the percentage taken from tips were scaled

That would still encourage scammers, at least in my opinion. It’s ok the way it is, I still get tips often, I guess it does depend on the price. But if someone wants to tip, I am sure they will do that regardless. As I said, increasing the gig price so you can get a tip every time someone orders is the best way to deal with this.

Probably the complaints about this system could be reduced if, when sellers sign up to work on fiverr, they get a message telling how tip system works aswell.

I personally don’t remember reading about tips and tax on tips, so when I got my first tip I got very disappointed and frustrated

The percentage they take from the tips are necessary in order to keep things in check. If it wasn’t in place, the next level of scammers will flourish.

Buyer: Hey I want to purchase your $50 package but I want you to send me a custom order for $5 so we both can avoid the Fiverr fees. Then I’ll send you the rest of the money as a tip so your total earning would be $49 instead of $40.

New Seller: Okay!

Hello there…

It’s been a rough year with Covid-19 out there, and we who work with fiverr always try to do a great work to get a great ratings on fiverr right? Because a great rating is a great way to boost our sales and get more money.

But when it comes to that exeptional work you did for someone and the client want to give you a extra tip, Fiverr cuts 20% of the tip too! This behavior makes me want to quit fiverr, even if this is the best and easier freelance platform I’ve found to work online.

Fiverr could make us so much happier if the tax for the tips were zero or low enough. The client has already paid for the job, and Fiverr already tax the buyer and the seller, and wants to tax the tip too? does the tip is taxed from both sides too?

I’m the only one here who think it’s wrong to tax tips?

PLEASE SHARE AND COMMENT THIS TOPIC AND LET’S MAKE THIS BE HEARD

wants to tax the tip

You are using the word “tax” but fiverr does not tax us. They add an additional service fee to anything on the site. The tips are treated as a separate order. So they get the additional service fee.

It’s so nice during this time when people are not able to work that we have this site so we can work from home. Don’t complain.

I hope you see what I mean.

Probably the complaints about this system could be reduced if, when sellers sign up to work on fiverr, they get a message telling how tip system works aswell.

I personally don’t remember reading about tips and tax on tips, so when I got my first tip I got very disappointed and frustrated

At least fiverr gave buyers the option to give sellers a tip. If fiverr wants, they wouldn’t provide that option and you wouldn’t receive a dime after the service.

Be grateful when the percentage on the tip isn’t 50/50. Or none at all.

That’s just what I think.

Archived