Petition to remove 'Response Rate' [ARCHIVED]

‘Like’ and comment if you are NOT in favor of the new ‘response rate’ feature…

If you DON’T like it or want it, let your voice be heard by Fiverr.

I’m really seeing no point in implementing this as it holds no bearing on sales, deadlines, and ratings. We should be able to choose which messages we want to reply to and which we don’t. I get 3-5 spammy messages a day and I’m supposed to reply to them then mark em spam? I get people asking me questions that are already detailed in the gig description such as price and what is included, I sometimes ignore these because if you can’t figure out those details, it’s probably not the best idea to work with those people as they become extremely time consuming and will take away time to focus on ORDERS and gaining QUALITY customers.

This is a micro-managing type of feature. No one on Fiverr who is a seller wants to be told that they MUST reply to their messages in their inbox with 24 hours otherwise they will be docked pay and bonuses (exposure/levels).

It’s causing people more headaches than anything and should have no weight or bearing in how our exposure, levels, search results, or any other negative factor that could occur by not replying to a message.

It should be OUR choice and this feature should be removed. IMO…

By the way, I have answered every single message I have gotten in the past week within an hour or two and I’m at 91% response rate. I don’t have time to rack my brain over stuff like this and I’m sure a lot of busy, successful entrepreneurs don’t either.

Thanks for your time.

DTong (TRS)

Sheriff’s Note: Move to Suggestion Box for Fiverr staff to observe.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I so agree! This feature does not make sense and is incorrect. How did my response time drop from 100% to 67% in 2 days with me replying to every single message.

I also don’t think it is necessary and would like to see this removed as well.

Seconded. I feel that Fiverr is backing sellers into a corner - making sellers respond to customers who may clearly be a problem or looking to cause problems. This results in our, the sellers’ time being wasted, and our Fiverr reputations being affected from cancelled orders.

Yes, remove this feature. Unnecessary any way you cut it. My response rating dropped from 100% to 67% after responding to every message within 12 hours. 90% of the messages I receive happen while I’m asleep, so at this rate my response percentage will go to 0% in no time… Ridiculous feature that holds no value.

Seriously, it would great to know what the function of this kind of tracking is supposed to be and how it even works, since it seems to work differently for every single person. Lots of users are responding to every message immediately, and their percentage is still going down.

I take ten hours to respond to a message (I don’t answer messages in between the hours of 10 p.m and 8 a.m), and mine doesn’t do anything. I even completely ignore a message with a request for triple the work I very clearly state I’ll do for $5, and it doesn’t budge.

I’m soooooooo confused as to how this works and it seems pretty pointless, frankly. If we don’t want to respond to some messages, especially from spammers or people that we don’t want to work with because they come out of the gate being unreasonable, how is that any skin off of Fiverr’s back? That buyer moves on and contacts/works with someone else–Fiverr doesn’t miss out on any profits, it’s just the seller that doesn’t respond that does.

jtengle said: I haven't seen anything from Fiverr explaining why this exists or what it's meant to do.

Myself and others feel the same way. I understand adding new features from a business to consumer standpoint, but it's pretty useless if you don't explain its intended purpose and process in detail.

See: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/65263/response-rate-analytics-can-anyone-clarify-a-few-things#Item_13

Reply to @gingerwriter: Agreed! I know they posted about it on the blog, but I’ve read the post twice and it doesn’t say anything about why they bothered to add this feature or how it works. So…not very helpful. It was just, “Here’s a new feature! Cool, right?” Nah, bro. Not cool. I’m trained in literary analysis and was raised by an engineer. I need to know why and how

Well, to be honest, the feature is really weird, but it doesn’t seem to have any negative side affect, just another example of “feature bloat.” This metric isn’t seen by anyone but the seller.

With that said, the response rate seems to apply to conversations where the customer had the last word. So if the customer said “Thank you”, and you don’t reply, then your rate percentage drops. The thing is, these features are suppose to encourage us to be better at what we do, but I don’t see it. I don’t see how us spending the extra time to have the last word is remotely productive.

Okay, seriously? I’ve had a static 100% response rate for the last nine days. I turned on vacation mode two days ago, and haven’t had a message in the last twenty-four hours. Somehow my response rate is now 88%, despite not having received ANY messages, including none on any order pages (I checked). I am so confused…

Whatever. As long as it doesn’t start to affect my sales. If they for some reason think that it’s a good idea to factor their broken “response rate” measurement into our search rankings or tab rankings, then I’ll be angry.

Archived