Pictures of My Three Legged Cat Cancer Survivor

Here’s my gig:

http://fiverr.com/integritymedia/send-pictures-of-my-three-legged-cat-cancer-survivor

Thank you.

Welcome! I am really glad you cat survived and is healthy but forgive me I don’t get the purpose of your gig, Are you wanting people to pay $5 for you to post a photo of your cat?

No. I will send them pictures of Alex. I’ll wait for a few more comments in this thread. If that’s not obvious for most people that read my listing, I may have to edit it. I appreciate your well-wishes for my cat. :slight_smile:

Ok I understand but is this to help you pay for his surgery and treatment (which I totally understand, vet bills can break you financially) If so then you might want to put that in your description

It’s already in the description.

Alex is so cute. I wish you all the best for your cat!

Reply to @princemaxx: Thank you Prince. That’s very kind of you. :slight_smile:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I’m not sure. I took him in as a foster cat a few years back. He’s a treasure. So mischievous. He has become part of the family now. I think at that time he was about 8 years. Not sure. I’m estimating he’s probably about 11 years now.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Thank you so much!

Originally, I was just taking him in on a temporary basis. After a few months, he still didn’t have a permanent home. That’s when I decided to keep him. Older cats are nice too. :slight_smile:

You could rephrase the gig description, it will draw more attention. 90% of the buyer population consists of internet marketers and most tend to look for the call to action and not to read long copies. No hard feelings here, just a hard internet marketer.

Your tom is a fighter!

Reply to @aweberr: That helps. I could make a clearer call to action. Maybe place it at the top and bottom. I was also tempted to offer pet modeling, taking special requests. Then I changed my mind. I don’t want Alex to be uncomfortable in any way. I don’t want to make him pose, have him wear a sign, funny cat clothes…That’s when I decided to just offer non-customized pictures. Yet, I wouldn’t mind if customers made a request. I could always consider it. I need to find a way to fit all of that in, with the character restrictions. The gig I have is almost exactly 1200 characters already.

Even if you just put up a straightforward ‘I will let you assist me with my cat’s medical expenses’ you would be surprised how many kind hearted people will respond. Right now, it seems a bit confusing, because after reading the copy, the reader is left with a doubt 'what is the gig actually offering?'

People do respond for such gigs, they just need a short and to the point description. For example see this one : http://fiverr.com/buenascosas/plant-a-tree-with-your-name-in-guatemala It regularly gets featured no the Fiverr front-page and gets huge response from the buyers too.

Reply to @aweberr: You’re brilliant, thank you! I hope it looks better. I changed the title. Although it looks like the URL is still exactly the same.

You’ve all been so kind! And thank you OldBittyGrandma for that review. I’m so happy I came to the forum. I really appreciate all the help everyone has given me. I can’t thank you all enough.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: That’s a wonderful idea. But I’m not sure of the best way to design a gift tag. I would also need to be able to edit it easily for personalization. I don’t use photoshop. What would be the easiest way to do this?

You could also run a blog under your cat’s name, build a community around it, so that not only will people be able to keep up with updates but they can also lend small gifts via donate buttons and sharing your posts etc. (Yes, I realize it has nothing to do with your fiverr gig though)

This is what I am talking about right now : http://gossinteractive.com/blog/10-tips-for-charity-landing-page-optimisation

Funnel it visitors from multiple sources and maybe use a PaayPaal donate button or your Fiverr gig URL as a call to action. Sounds geeky and make you wonder ‘hey, its a noble deed, shouldn’t people naturally be supportive?’ hate to break it to you, but it does not work that way on the internet. A fair amount of presentation is involved if you want to put across your idea to the readers, because unlike real life, the people can’t have a first hand experience of the cat’s pain nor feel the emotions that you are experiencing unless you tell them because they only know as much as you tell them on your landing page.

Long story cut short, your gig does not have to be a self-traffic-generating source for the campaign to be successful, it can very well be the call to action page for a traffic that has been funneled from another page of yours.

Too much cat marketing, I’m off to have chai! :stuck_out_tongue:

Reply to @aweberr: When I was right in the middle of all this, I felt absolutely confident that the amputation was the only way Alex would survive. And that was correct. Yet, I was fearful about it. I had never had an animal with three legs. Of course, I had my veterinarian to talk to. Alex also saw an oncologist. Still, I really wanted to talk to someone that had personally gone through all this. I started searching online, and couldn’t find many cat owners talking about this. I did find a community forum of dog owners that had to have a leg amputated because of cancer. They were a wonderful resource. Going through this experience, I have a lot to say about it now. I think I could easily make a blog about it. :slight_smile:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I haven’t decided yet how to make the gift tag. But I’m definitely planning on doing this! Again, thanks so much. It’s an awesome idea.

I can make the gift tag for you (obviously, I won’t charge you). Let me know :slight_smile:

Reply to @princemaxx: That would be great! I will pay you. :slight_smile: I looked at your gigs. This one:

http://fiverr.com/princemaxx/make-a-menu-card-for-your-business-or-oganisation

It isn’t a gift tag. It’s close. I could buy that one, and you could make a gift tag. Would that be okay?

I don’t want to charge you for this… it’s a divine service and I just wish for Alex to be ok :slight_smile:

Just message me on forums with what you’d like.

I love gigs like this, however, charity gigs dont seem to get much attention :confused:

Reply to @princemaxx: That’s so nice of you. I’ll send you a message right now. :slight_smile:

Reply to @caiterz: With all these great ideas, I think this one will.

Another idea I just had is to upload a bunch of pictures of Alex on Flickr to add to the gig. I have the new title. I can edit the description, add the idea of giving as a gift. Offer the donation certificate. I may even redo the gig so the URL matches the title. Start a blog, place my Fiverr gig on it. Social bookmark it…