Pissing Match between Buyer and Seller

I swear the nerve of some buyers -I really don’t know what kind of game they play or if they have fun just screwing around with folks. Sorry friends… this is going to be rather long… :frowning:

I had a buyer who gave me “initially” a 4.5 on his order. That’s fine! His prerogative. But, I wanted to see how I could have done better. What was it about these articles that caused him to think I had no knowledge of technology-based articles? After all, it was news about an intern getting fired over something he discovered in Facebook’s app and the malware in smartphones and smart TVs, etc.

So I asked him, and I asked him based on the “original feedback” he gave why he didn’t ask for revisions. I told him I’ve done that kind of work before and have never had an issue. I also noted where he USED those articles and was using my name as a byline.

This was his initial feedback: I have to say I would probably never buy this gig again. While I am sure the gig author is a good writer, she lacked the terminology knowledge to write Technology bases articles. That being the case, if you are using this gig for anything but that, I am sure it will be worth the price.

When I told him to please remove by name from the byline (I’m a ghostwriter after all), his response was: I’m a believe of credit where credit is due none the less I can remove your first name from the website. However in turn I will probably remove the articles, for reasons stated in my feedback. (That’s THE ORIGINAL FEEDBACK).

So, not only does he remove my name, he also revises his review to state an even lower score (3.5): Wouldn’t buy again due poor quality article due to possible lack of technology knowledge. That being the case I don’t recommend if you require an article of a similar nature. EDIT: It is odd that the seller didn’t know that her work would go on a website, so I recommend to confirm this prior.

I really don’t care if it’s 3.5 or a 4.5… what gets me is the lack of asking me first if I wanted my name on the articles in the first place, especially news articles. I think the lower score has more to do with the fact that I caught him using the articles word for word despite his 4.5 score. And, then calling him out on it.

My second response to his second one. I’m not sure if I did a good thing or bad thing… maybe someone can tell me!

Buyer never said he was unhappy or ask for revisions. I learned he was using the articles & my name, so I questioned him about it. Upon asking, he removed the articles & gave even worst feedback. I’ve done tech-based articles before & I’ve never had an issue. You can see prior feedback upon asking.

In the end, it’s all about winning the pissing match. Who can one up who?!

Good for you standing your ground and explaining what happened. Not a bad thing at all in my opinion.