Fiverr Community Forum

Plagiarism Question!

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I just received my first order. I must say, I am extremely upset. I ordered an article and asked the writer if it was plagiarism free and she told me that it was 100%. She even provided a site where I could double check it. Needless to say, it isn’t. There is a whole section in this article that is plagiarized in some instances word by word from sentences to paragraphs. I recognized this since I had read something similar previously and upon double checking, my guess was right.

How do I handle such situation here?

Tell the seller you are angry that you were given a plagiarized article and you want a refund promptly.

So, I can do that?

Yes. Show them the source, too. If they refuse, tell them that unless they refund you, you will escalate to Customer Support and they may lose their account.

Basically, scare the shit out of them. You might want to report them anyway, but that’s up to you.

LMAO, sorry but that’s pretty funny, they actually gave you a site to check and they ended up plagiarizing, that’s just epic fail on their behalf… :stuck_out_tongue:

They should have just told her the site to copy it from and saved her the trouble of checking it.

Thank you so much. I did provide the source. She apologized and offered to re-write, which I accept it. I told her it should be a lesson learned. One thing for certain, I will not use her again.

It is. What got my attention is the fact that I had read a similar article elsewhere. I am well read in my field and always keep up with what’s going on – so, yeah. I know I will not use her again.

LOL. I know right!

As a seller with most of my gigs in writing, this makes me mad. I have a “blank page” policy with all of my buyers. Everyone gets 100% original content and I even pay for Grammarly premium and give them a screenshot of the plagiarism checker. Then there are people out to make a quick buck and ruin buyers experience and damn the rest of us. WHERE ARE THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!:slight_smile:

Sorry that this happened to you. Hope it doesn’t discourage you from the great people selling wonderful services on this site that are in it to make money from excellent work.

LMAO, if they’re reading this they probably just Homer Simpson slapped their forehead, DOH! :stuck_out_tongue:

REPORT REPORT REPORT
Absolutely agree with @latenitemedia about the pitchforks et al.
People need to report dishonest sellers whenever they come across one. It is unacceptable for people to plagiarize and the next buyer may not be as well read on their subject as the OP here is.
Yesterday, I was checking out gigs about Fiverr tips (to see what they offer to do) and came across a Level 2 seller offering to sell Fiverr reviews. It was cleverly hidden in a tips gig but in the description it suggested that you buy her gig for $10 and she will buy yours and give you a 5 star review. I reported it yesterday evening and today “That user is no longer available”.
Make the marketplace a better marketplace by reporting and removing those who don’t play by the rules. It’s as simple as that.

Hi
I don’t know how you handle this situation.
But I’m offering you to give me the chance to write an article for you and i will not charge for this. Next time you can hire at cost.

How bloody magnanimous of you. What’s cost? $0?