Planet Earth 2 - Gratitude

silberma1976

This has nothing to do with Fiverr. But, the show Planet Earth 2 is amazing!

Really gives a sense of appreciation and gratitude for this great planet we live in, and thank goodness the digital world is helping us all connect in ways we never imagined to enjoy this planet.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if the earth was actually flat and Hollywood has been lying to the world?

Something to ponder

@videostore: How about the earth actually being a cuboid with all existing “life” being the figment of our imaginations 😏:? What a Hollywood way to think! Lol…

B.T.W: Hollywood never projected the idea of the earth being flat. Or is that (Hollywood) another name for scientists 😕?

@videostore: How about the earth actually being a cuboid with all existing “life” being the figment of our imaginations 😏:? What a Hollywood way to think! Lol…

B.T.W: Hollywood never projected the idea of the earth being flat. Or is that (Hollywood) another name for scientists 😕 Not sure about Cuboid earth hehe.

They made several movies about the flat earth actually. The Dome was one of the series made.

Then there was the truman show and several others I just cant remember right now =P

I think it’s funny how we havent been to the moon again in like 50 years but we’re talking about sending people to mars now. It’s like … “We did the moon… now we’re on to mars!” … Seems legit.

🙂 Not sure about Cuboid earth hehe.

They made several movies about the flat earth actually. The Dome was one of the series made.

Then there was the truman show and several others I just cant remember right now =P

I think it’s funny how we havent been to the moon again in like 50 years but we’re talking about sending people to mars now. It’s like … “We did the moon… now we’re on to mars!” … Seems legit.

I don’t think The Dome was about a flat earth. Granted, I read the book which was definitely about the earth in it’s real state, though manipulated by spoilers. (Unseen forces and such.) I watched part of season 1 of the TV show and while it didn’t stick closely to the book, it did stick to the part where the dome only covered one particular city, so I don’t see the relationship to a flat earth. 🙂 (This is just good fun debate because I love books and other media.)

@silberma1976 I haven’t seen Planet Earth 2 but I’d probably like it. I end up stuck on all kinds of documentaries and such. I also have a love for weirdness in real life, though, so a lot of times I end up on sensationalist channels like TLC where I can hear about botched plastic surgery and insane survival stories. I love the one where the guy accidentally drove (at high speed) into a long steel pole that was sticking out from a gate. (Slighty graphic): The pole goes right through the engine, then through the guy’s torso, then through the seat and ends up in the back seat. Obviously he was impaled and stuck there for some time, but when they found him they were able to save him. It was amazing. They had pictures of the pole and the truck and such. Real stuff on TV is fascinating. Often true to the cliche that it’s stranger than fiction.

Lol…

I was wondering, though, has anyone seen 24: Legacy? Anything close to the original 24?

This has nothing to do with Fiverr. But, the show Planet Earth 2 is amazing!

Really gives a sense of appreciation and gratitude for this great planet we live in, and thank goodness the digital world is helping us all connect in ways we never imagined to enjoy this planet.

I barely watch TV but stuff like this could get me off the computer (and also other things which are not watching TV) I watched a segment of it, however, in which a bunch of snakes chased a lizard… awesome to see but no way this wasn’t set up with the animals unknowingly performing a script. Still, as long as it…

Really gives a sense of appreciation and gratitude for this great planet we live in

… I’m in 🙂

(and, @videostore Dude, stay off the Youtube.)

I was really high once on a mix of things I probably shouldn’t mention here. Anyway, aside from a brief switch to a parallel universe where I was a rotund woman in her 40’s searching for her kids at an amusement fair, I did come to the realization that the world was not just flat but quite a lot like the recent remake of Westworld also.

Videostore if the earth is flat how thick is it? Is it like a square piece of paper?

Or maybe 5 feet thick, with other people living on the other side? And a few miles wide on each side?

I need the dimensions of it and thickness of it. And if it tilts a little will we fall off?

Why do they lie about it being round? And if they don’t really have satellites, how do GPS systems navigate? Are all the people who have satellite TV just part of a huge scam?
Your theory raises lots of questions. NASA and all the telescopes, like the one I viewed Saturn through in Hawaii, part of the lie also? Was it just some papermache image INSIDE the telescope made to trick me to think that Saturn is round? And the moon, and everything else, just made up?

I used to love Life After People, because it was inspiring how the world depends on us. When we go away, buildings and bridges crumble, almost everything we have created will be destroyed by nature, with the exception of statues made on marble.

@fastcopywriter Just curious, why marble specifically? (I happened to be researching stone recently.)

Darn, I forgot you’re a writer. Now I asked for a free work product. Sorry 😁

@fastcopywriter Just curious, why marble specifically? (I happened to be researching stone recently.)

Darn, I forgot you’re a writer. Now I asked for a free work product. Sorry 😁

I was wrong, it’s granite or quartz monzonite that will last forever. Life After People said that the Stone Mountain monument in Atlanta will never decay.

en.wikipedia.org

280px-Stone_Mountain%2C_the_carving%2C_and_the_Train.jpeg

Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain is a quartz monzonite dome monadnock and the site of Stone Mountain Park near Stone Mountain, Georgia. At its summit, the elevation is 1,686 feet (514 m) MSL and 825 feet (251 m) above the surrounding area. Stone Mountain is well-known for not only its geology, but also the enormous rock relief on its north face, the largest bas-relief in the world. The carving depicts three Confederate figures during the Civil War: Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. Stone Mounta...

Marble is also a strong stone, that’s why Rome still has so relics from their glorious past, like the Coliseum and Arch of Titus.

P.S. You didn’t ask for free work. The type of work I do is headlines, e-mails, radio, etc. This is just me entertaining myself. I only got one order today.

Fiverr is weird like that, one day you get $80, next day you get $8.

I was wrong, it’s granite or quartz monzonite that will last forever. Life After People said that the Stone Mountain monument in Atlanta will never decay.

en.wikipedia.org

280px-Stone_Mountain%2C_the_carving%2C_and_the_Train.jpeg

Stone Mountain

Stone Mountain is a quartz monzonite dome monadnock and the site of Stone Mountain Park near Stone Mountain, Georgia. At its summit, the elevation is 1,686 feet (514 m) MSL and 825 feet (251 m) above the surrounding area. Stone Mountain is well-known for not only its geology, but also the enormous rock relief on its north face, the largest bas-relief in the world. The carving depicts three Confederate figures during the Civil War: Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson. Stone Mounta...

Marble is also a strong stone, that’s why Rome still has so relics from their glorious past, like the Coliseum and Arch of Titus.

P.S. You didn’t ask for free work. The type of work I do is headlines, e-mails, radio, etc. This is just me entertaining myself. I only got one order today.

Fiverr is weird like that, one day you get $80, next day you get $8.

That’s interesting. I wonder why people don’t select those stone types more for building materials (other than cost, of course).

One order is better than none!

You get at least one order every day?

That’s interesting. I wonder why people don’t select those stone types more for building materials (other than cost, of course).

One order is better than none!

You get at least one order every day?

My brother-in-law is a contractor, so he knows more about quality stones. My condo has travertine because he says it’s a timeless stone that will always be popular, as oppose to stones that come and go. I regret it, travertine breaks very easily.

I prefer marble, tile, anything that’s pretty and easy to clean. Cost is probably the #1 factor for most people. Other considerations include maintenance, wooden floors look pretty but cleaning them requires a special machine, don’t know what it’s called. Bamboo floors I like, it’s inexpensive and bamboo is water-resistant or so I read.

As for the orders I get, they vary. On a good day I might get 9 orders, on a regular day maybe 5, and on bad days 1 or 0.

Travertine is soft and fragile although beautiful. Marble is the hardest but unforgiving on the joints to walk on constantly. Slippery also sometimes. Ceramic tile is the most common and in such a variety that it can appeal to most tastes. It is also the easiest to take care of.
Travertine is quite expensive. I like the less expensive Mexican tiles, the terra cotta ones, in particular the ones that are slightly bigger and come in various shades. It’s quite lovely and durable and cheap.

So, I began watching the “24:Legend” today. I’d have to say it’s just as enthralling as the original 24. Similar storyline, its primary character (Eric) has a perception and psychology similar to Bauer, CTU remains a mess, as always, with all of the scheming little (okay, not so little) bastards it employs, and who’d fail to notice the conspiracies…politics…and the wonderful addition of drugs and crime. I saw myself losing sleep, blazing through all 5 released episodes. Now I need more, and this is why I prefer waiting till a season is over before I begin watching. I hate that feeling that comes with waiting for the next episode.

Okay, enough of that. I’ve not seen Planet Earth 2 and probably wouldn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I love documentaries, but I’m captivated by crime thrillers.

Damn…we are getting humiliated in the cricket. Getting beaten, and beaten badly at home for the first time in years.

Don’t know why I never found the game interesting. Pro’ly because my country has no cricket team, IDK. Give me soccer any day, and maybe Basketball. Beyond those, it’s athletics all the way.

Don’t know why I never found the game interesting. Pro’ly because my country has no cricket team, IDK. Give me soccer any day, and maybe Basketball. Beyond those, it’s athletics all the way.

Yeah, there’s no middle ground…people love cricket or hate it. Currently I am hating it. And don’t call it soccer…it’s FOOTBALL!

Yeah, there’s no middle ground…people love cricket or hate it. Currently I am hating it. And don’t call it soccer…it’s FOOTBALL!

Cos of one loss? Seems you never liked it, then. Just went along because your nation did well…

And it’s surely FOOTBALL… but soccer goes too, when its beautiful 😉

Travertine is soft and fragile although beautiful. Marble is the hardest but unforgiving on the joints to walk on constantly. Slippery also sometimes. Ceramic tile is the most common and in such a variety that it can appeal to most tastes. It is also the easiest to take care of.

Travertine is quite expensive. I like the less expensive Mexican tiles, the terra cotta ones, in particular the ones that are slightly bigger and come in various shades. It’s quite lovely and durable and cheap.

True, unless you have carpets, chances are you’re going to need slippers or flip flops because walking on tile at home can be hard on the joints.

Of course, carpets are nasty. They collect a lot of dust, and sometimes you have families of roaches living under the carpet. When I lived in Boca Raton, sometimes I would see lizards go under the carpet. Lizards love eating roaches’ eggs. So if you ever see a lizard, let it be, they’re nature’s best pest controllers.

True, unless you have carpets, chances are you’re going to need slippers or flip flops because walking on tile at home can be hard on the joints.

Of course, carpets are nasty. They collect a lot of dust, and sometimes you have families of roaches living under the carpet. When I lived in Boca Raton, sometimes I would see lizards go under the carpet. Lizards love eating roaches’ eggs. So if you ever see a lizard, let it be, they’re nature’s best pest controllers.

Small lizards are awesome in the house. Spiders can do some nice pest control too, but some of them bite and I end up with itchy spots so I don’t care for them. Give me a good house gecko anyday! Once we had a humid spring and there were fruit flies about, so I went outside and caught a few geckos that climb around the outside of the house and I brought them in. They are so small they can get back out whenever they wish. They were so cute running along the walls and they really helped solve the fruit fly problem! Plus, they save you 15% on car insurance.

Archived