Planning to buy a tablet soon

princemaxx

Reply to @anarchofighter: Yes it is, I am craving for a tablet since a very long. It goes back in 2011 when I asked my dad for an iPad and he said “Yes, you’ll get it soon son” and when I was about to order it, he changed his mind saying he’ll get it for me next week.

In-between that week, I got a call from my grandparents saying my grand-father has fallen sick and both of his kidneys have failed. My dad left to visit my grandparents and it turned out that my grandfather has to run on dialysis. Since dialysis costs are very high, my dad decided not to buy me an iPad.

Anything ANDROID is GREAT in my opinion. Do your research, but its truly easy to put your videos, images, etc onto an Android tablet for easily have a mobile portfolio on you at all times! There are so many great options out there. Google has their own 7" kindle fire like tablet which is AMAZING. I currently have a 10" tablet by ACER which is great. I am currently selling it because I broke the sound by accident…but has been great for internet, games, comic books, reading, etc. There are lots of deals this time of year too!

I recommend the Nexus because it’s supported by google and will always have the latest of version Android as soon as it’s released, with no rooting involved. Without rooting any non-Nexus tablet you have to deal with the manufacturer’s release times, and some of them won’t continue to support the latest version of Android. My phone and tablet (HTC, Toshiba) are only a year old and neither manufacturer plans to offer jelly bean in the future because they can’t be bothered to code new branded interfaces for my devices.

(I recently sold my gen 1 iPad and now I’m saving for the Samsung ARM Chromebook.)

Archived