Please Be Careful Who You Do Work For As A Seller

cherylleisten

I have a buyer who asked for a revision on work that I did. He waited until the last minute to request a revision knowing that the order would be marked as late. I did everything he asked me to do, and then he complained about the result. It’s obvious that he’s trying to get a freebie/refund. He goes by *********** Do not accept any orders from them.

I’m going to have to refund this in order to avoid getting a bad review. In the future, I’m going to be asking for references from buyers who ask for work that can be stolen such as anything in writing, coding for websites, etc. Basically, anything that involves a written product can be ordered and then canceled. Or they threaten to write a bad review. He hasn’t threatened me with it, but it’s obvious what’s going to happen even if I revise it.

Be careful who you do business with. Ask for references. Check to see if he’s worked with anyone before, and then contact them to verify.

Mod Note: It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs

Hi, I’m sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately there are people out there who are trying to take advantage of the platform and of our work. How I wish Fiverr could actually do something about it to protect us sellers too and to avoid these things from happening… Hopefully someday.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I, myself will try to be more careful.

Asking for references is not appropriate on Fiverr.

Set up your buyer requirements and faq to put this type of buyer off. Melissa’s post is a really good place to start:

Hi Marsats- Someone else asked me for screenshots so I thought I would send these to you too. I hope this helps! Of course all of these requirements are here because I had an experience that moved me to fix the problem!!! [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.25 PM] [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.43 PM] [screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.03.52 PM] There are why I have my 4 requirements: 1.Word or PDF file so I can get the word count. JPGs will not work!2.Asking about timed audio and giving them an ea…

1926588892_ScreenShot2020-07-17at5_03_25PM.thumb.png.e332a4f84958f867508bceb94a71f952.png

1559340506_ScreenShot2020-07-17at5_03_43PM.thumb.png.d088bdbbbb8ed96069e1370c05c7a526.png

719425205_ScreenShot2020-07-17at5_03_52PM.thumb.png.2255dc09cf0bad22a6df7ab48cf0dad1.png

I haven’t bought anything in a while and when I do I always mark the order as complete as soon as I can, but it’s possible that Fiverr sends a notification to the buyer before the order being auto completed. So that could be the reason for him ‘waiting until the last minute’.

Although the order is marked as late it won’t affect your stats, once the order is delivered the countdown stops, so any revision do not fall under that initial date/time.

Naming and shaming is not allowed in the Forums, so you’ll have to edit your original post and remove the buyer’s name.

I’m going to have to refund this in order to avoid getting a bad review

Or they threaten to write a bad review. He hasn’t threatened me with it, but it’s obvious what’s going to happen even if I revise it.

Personally I wouldn’t cancel a finished order to avoid a bad review, but to each their own. Also it could be your buyer really just wants a revision? Complaining about the results is not always an indication that they are out to get free stuff.

Check to see if he’s worked with anyone before

This particular buyer has worked with other sellers and it seems they all went well.

Anyone can get someone to put up good reviews about them. How do you his friends or fellow scammers didn’t write them?

Sorry you’ve gone through this. The bad buyers are in the minority.

You say your buyer requested a revision knowing that the order would be marked as late? It sounds like you had already delivered the order on time, in which case any revision that goes over the time limit is not counted as late - even though you still see the big red letters saying ‘LATE’. So long as you make your first delivery within the time limit, any subsequent revisions do no count towards a late delivery.

Archived