Please fix Fiverr

This new forum is lovely. Obviously a lot of work and thought has gone into it. But how do these advances keep getting made while Fiverr’s ordering system still has the fundamental flaw that a lot of us have been complaining about for over a year??

Fiverr, please drop everything else and get to work of fixing it so buyers can order multiples and extras in the same order! I’ve had facebook discussions about this with Micha, Natalie, and ALL the sellers on Fiverr Chat. All the top sellers that I know are in universal agreement that THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. Micha said the ordering system was designed this way intentionally, but it just makes no sense.

I have asked and asked and asked and asked about this. I’ve complained to support, and appealed directly to CEO Micha, but this still is getting nowhere. EVERY DAY I have a problem with this where some buyer can’t figure out how to order what he wants. So they under-order, or make multiple orders, and I have to waste my time chasing them up, getting the money they owe me, explaining the system, and apologizing for Fiverr’s system.

I’ve been told they’re working on this, or they’re considering it. But NOTHING keeps happening. We’re still stuck with the same old order page where you can’t get multiples AND extras together. Please, sellers, keep fanning the flames of this until Fiverr FIXES it.

Thanks.

Ah, the Professor! Love your gigs.

My empathy and heart is with you. I can think of a number of rational reasons there were controls and limits built into the ordering system. If you want I can even share them as someone who understands “Risk Management” from a Visa/Mastercard and other eCommerce perspectives…

…what I will say is there’s another approach.

IF it seems clear to you that there is going to be no or slow change on this, find a different way to approach the problem. Set up more gigs such that you do not use the multiples but rather only the gig Extras.

Break down the service, …so you could have

"Have Professor Puppet Be in His Office for $5"

Then the gig extras are the "times"

If you have an extra like HD

Say

Have Professor Puppet in HD in his Hoffice for $5

then the gig extras represent the higher ammounts.

You can even do

Up to 2 minutes part 1 of 2 $50

Up to two minutes part 2 of 2 $50

(Not real numbers just illustrative.

Completely agree!!! I have to make “excuses” for fiverr to frustrated and confused customers then re explain to probably 3/10 HOW to order. And most of the time it takes 3 days of back and fourth messaging with customers to fully understand what they want and until they have paid enough.

They are also buying one extra and “ticking” another e.g to cover word count which should be done in multiple orders so its more messaging and time wasted. I’ve also had a few want all the extras and to cover the word count have bought extra fast delivery so I’m forced to cancel or to complete their order (which I end up doing 9 times out of 10) so that puts pressure on me.

I can certainly see where you’re coming from. I have one repeat customer who orders multiple gigs, and then “combines” them to get the extra. That means two “extra” gigs for the price of a 4-gig order, for example. He hasn’t complained to me but I’m sure both of us would prefer what you suggested, Anarchofighter.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tn5rr2012

Reply to oldbittygrandma: I really do believe that in the next few months we are going to see some big changes come to fiverr including fixing or adjusting this issue

I have had one occurrence with this as well. Someone ordered an illustration from me but did not understand they had to order an extra for color. I just went ahead and gave them the color for free though because I’m not making enough yet to take a chance of losing business.

Totally agree with the ordering flaw.

Also, I am not sure if I am the only person that suffers from this (I admit I haven’t read all the comments in this thread), but the messaging system needs to be worked on. I would love to be able to archive messages.

Oh, and when I click on the x, that should mean that I’ve read the message…

We’ll get there in the end guys.

Regards,

Jaymes, Kaprico

Fiverr needs to simplify the ordering system and even allow the user enter an amount for custom jobs so that they can pay with only one transaction. I have had several custom jobs in which the buyer tried selecting 8 gig unit but as soon as they select any GigExtra, the units drops to 1, forcing the buyer to purchase multiple gigs unnecessary. Very frustrating and time consuming for me as I have to walk the through as they get confused. Now if custom jobs are not supported… then business should be done outside which is not part of the agreement. I have had my buyers get multiple gigs according to the amount for the custom job. Something that could be avoided with a better and flexible payment structure.

This would be a GREAT HELP… especially for custom order where the total doesn’t add up by just ordering one or two extras and if they just order multiples instead, I believe the limit is $40. My animation gig has alot of upgrades (too many to list) so not being able to order multiples with extras is a problem for my buyers quite often.

Another problem this causes is that if a buyer has to order two or three different times for the same order, Paypal will sometimes put a hold on the payments because it looks suspicious.

I have also had one buyer that worked for a large company that the multiple $40 charges to Fiverr for the same project got flagged by his companys accounting department and for some reason it was a problem with them too.

Deaun1

Archived