PLEASE, Fix the Search Algorithm! (POLL)

poll  

476 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• My gig was sent back in the search.
    • My gig never was sent back in the search.

SOLUTION HERE:

I recently noticed this “bug”: Top sellers from the first page get thrown to the last page and then forgotten forever. If you came here to learn why and how to fix that, you’ve come to the right place. However, this may take a lot of effort from your side, so, get ready! rocket Before I show you the steps to fix your gig’s position in the search, I wanna explain how the search algorithm works and why so many people are confused about it. Why am I getting demoted?The search algorithm is NO…

Fiverr, please don’t skip this post, as it’s a big issue over a lot of sellers and it means a lot to me and them too.

(I’m not sure if this post is gonna be here for long, as posts like this one usually get deleted or closed fast.)

My summary from the comments:

2/3 of the people had problems with the search algorithm and 1/3 didn’t have any problems.

Although all beggings in the forum and support, Fiverr staff will most likely not pay attention and not fix this problem, because they don’t really care about our struggles. They have their own algorithm and don’t seem to be looking forward to changing it. (Sounds harsh, but is the truth itself, correct me if I’m wrong.)

Why this topic?

I noticed several sellers complaining about the Search Algorithm in the last few days, and since I experienced the same problem, I decided to join their protest by making a summary topic.

My story:

I am in Fiverr from a long time ago, however, I had to quit for 6 months. Once I came back, I noticed a lot of things changed, and something weird happened. Of course, as I was inactive for a long time ago, my gigs weren’t even visible in the search. I started to regain my rank, by sending buyer requests. And I did regain it, I went to the first page again. People started buying my gigs, and they were like viral until this happened. My gigs, which were on the first page a day ago went straight back to the end of the last page.

My mention and summary:

I don’t think this is how the search algorithm is supposed to work. I agree that I’m not always supposed to be number one and that other sellers should have chance too, however, if that was how the search algorithm works, I wouldn’t go straight back to the last page. I would be gradually going backward in the search results as people overtake me. However, being on last page means that I even went behind the old “dead” gigs, staying there from years without any activity.

If you have something against that, I will be happy to discuss, as I wanna know what is going on.

Let’s see how much of you experienced this problem:

0voters

Thanks for all the votes! 🙂

Here are a few recent topics on the same theme.

I too have fallen foul of this. After a couple of times of my gigs having completely disappeared from the searches, And after i raised a ticket they eventually done something that made my gigs reappear in the searches, no explanation or apology was ever given…Now this i feel is really bad as shows complete disregard for customer service which we pay 20% of all gigs tips etc to Fiverr so a lot more consideration should be given. NOW as I am in my section amongst sellers with a great amount of sa…

Hello! My name is Agustin, I’ve been working on Fiverr for the last 5 months. I’ve completed more than 50 works, all with perfect reviews. The last month all my sales, impressions and views started to decrease progressively, until now that I’m not getting any sale at all. I’ve looked at my main gig on the search page using different keywords and always appears last, despite having 5 star rating and more sales than the other gigs. About 7 weeks ago I had to cancel an order due to a very proble…

Why gig are going down list in search.Why my gigs are going on last pages from 1st page please guide me

Why my gig is not showing in search result after bug on gig page? We’re working on getting your Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views back online. No worries - your Gigs are active, and all the metrics are calculated as usual. I am on first my 2 gig rank on first page but after this bug "We’re working on getting your Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views back online. " my all gig are not seen on search result i check up to 10 pages my gig not show? Does anyone help me?

Few days before I was getting messages from the buyer but when Fiverr start working with gigs view, click, impression then I don’t get any messages from the last 10 days. then I realize something is wrong with my gigs. then I search by every keyword, whether my gig was appearing on Page 1 but now I search from 1st to the last page but I cannot find my gigs anywhere! not only that I search my gig by gig title too but not showing my gigs. when I request to open a ticket for CS they showing me my …

Good Day My People, Please I Have One Issue Here, My Account Was Demoted, At least I Have Like 3 Gig At First Page Out Of 5 Gig But Now I Can’t Find Any Of My Gig Again. Please Help Me On It, How Can I Get My Account Back To Normal. Thanks

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been here since 2014. To my knowledge, no post begging Fiverr to fix its algorithm has resulted in Fiverr saying, "okay, give us five minutes, there you go, everything should be back to normal now."

In short, you’re just going to have to get over it.

That’s not going to be what you want to hear, but this is how it is.

I’ve been here since 2014. To my knowledge, no post begging Fiverr to fix its algorithm has resulted in Fiverr saying, "okay, give us five minutes, there you go, everything should be back to normal now."

In short, you’re just going to have to get over it.

That’s not going to be what you want to hear, but this is how it is.

So sorry to hear that, people should have some rights to speak in Fiverr. Don’t get me wrong, I can speak but noone will notice.

SOLUTION HERE:

I recently noticed this “bug”: Top sellers from the first page get thrown to the last page and then forgotten forever. If you came here to learn why and how to fix that, you’ve come to the right place. However, this may take a lot of effort from your side, so, get ready! rocket Before I show you the steps to fix your gig’s position in the search, I wanna explain how the search algorithm works and why so many people are confused about it. Why am I getting demoted?The search algorithm is NO…

Fiverr, please don’t skip this post, as it’s a big issue over a lot of sellers and it means a lot to me and them too.

(I’m not sure if this post is gonna be here for long, as posts like this one usually get deleted or closed fast.)

My summary from the comments:

2/3 of the people had problems with the search algorithm and 1/3 didn’t have any problems.

Although all beggings in the forum and support, Fiverr staff will most likely not pay attention and not fix this problem, because they don’t really care about our struggles. They have their own algorithm and don’t seem to be looking forward to changing it. (Sounds harsh, but is the truth itself, correct me if I’m wrong.)

Why this topic?

I noticed several sellers complaining about the Search Algorithm in the last few days, and since I experienced the same problem, I decided to join their protest by making a summary topic.

My story:

I am in Fiverr from a long time ago, however, I had to quit for 6 months. Once I came back, I noticed a lot of things changed, and something weird happened. Of course, as I was inactive for a long time ago, my gigs weren’t even visible in the search. I started to regain my rank, by sending buyer requests. And I did regain it, I went to the first page again. People started buying my gigs, and they were like viral until this happened. My gigs, which were on the first page a day ago went straight back to the end of the last page.

My mention and summary:

I don’t think this is how the search algorithm is supposed to work. I agree that I’m not always supposed to be number one and that other sellers should have chance too, however, if that was how the search algorithm works, I wouldn’t go straight back to the last page. I would be gradually going backward in the search results as people overtake me. However, being on last page means that I even went behind the old “dead” gigs, staying there from years without any activity.

If you have something against that, I will be happy to discuss, as I wanna know what is going on.

Let’s see how much of you experienced this problem:

0voters

Thanks for all the votes! 🙂

Here are a few recent topics on the same theme.

I too have fallen foul of this. After a couple of times of my gigs having completely disappeared from the searches, And after i raised a ticket they eventually done something that made my gigs reappear in the searches, no explanation or apology was ever given…Now this i feel is really bad as shows complete disregard for customer service which we pay 20% of all gigs tips etc to Fiverr so a lot more consideration should be given. NOW as I am in my section amongst sellers with a great amount of sa…
Hello! My name is Agustin, I’ve been working on Fiverr for the last 5 months. I’ve completed more than 50 works, all with perfect reviews. The last month all my sales, impressions and views started to decrease progressively, until now that I’m not getting any sale at all. I’ve looked at my main gig on the search page using different keywords and always appears last, despite having 5 star rating and more sales than the other gigs. About 7 weeks ago I had to cancel an order due to a very proble…
Why gig are going down list in search.Why my gigs are going on last pages from 1st page please guide me
Why my gig is not showing in search result after bug on gig page? We’re working on getting your Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views back online. No worries - your Gigs are active, and all the metrics are calculated as usual. I am on first my 2 gig rank on first page but after this bug "We’re working on getting your Gigs’ impressions, clicks, and views back online. " my all gig are not seen on search result i check up to 10 pages my gig not show? Does anyone help me?
Few days before I was getting messages from the buyer but when Fiverr start working with gigs view, click, impression then I don’t get any messages from the last 10 days. then I realize something is wrong with my gigs. then I search by every keyword, whether my gig was appearing on Page 1 but now I search from 1st to the last page but I cannot find my gigs anywhere! not only that I search my gig by gig title too but not showing my gigs. when I request to open a ticket for CS they showing me my …
Good Day My People, Please I Have One Issue Here, My Account Was Demoted, At least I Have Like 3 Gig At First Page Out Of 5 Gig But Now I Can’t Find Any Of My Gig Again. Please Help Me On It, How Can I Get My Account Back To Normal. Thanks

The algorithm is working the way it’s supposed to - from Fiverr’s point of view.

however, if that was how the search algorithm works, I wouldn’t go straight back to the last page

You’re thinking of google - that’s not how the Fiverr algorithm works.

The algorithm is working the way it’s supposed to - from Fiverr’s point of view.

however, if that was how the search algorithm works, I wouldn’t go straight back to the last page

Oh, rly? Is this how it works? It gets sent straight to back, where no one will ever notice you again? This is so unfair! Fiverr should deffinetly do something about this.

At this point I am starting to miss GIG impressions, views and clicks…

You should know by now 5r algorithm is like a mythical creature. :unicorn:

Why stress over things you cannot control?

Another thing is be careful on how you approach CS. Remember to always be polite!

I’m sorry if I’m not polite, I’m trying my best, I’m not native, so being polite is kinda hard for me.

I am also facing the issue i deliver 3 order today from which 1 is accepted and he give me 5 star rating and after rating my was directly landed on the last page and another gig was first invisible for 4 day after sharing on facebook it comeback to top rank but yesterday again after 1 week my gig become invisible and now its on last page with my other gig

I completely agreed with @insects44 . Same happened with me. I am stuck at last page. Even I completed 11 orders after moving to bottom. In my Category If you search Google Adsense in first page you will see sellers with 1.0 review and with no review I am with 5 rating to the last page.
You can see proof of 1.0 rating on first page.

1080265643_Screenshot(655)_LI.jpg.2ebfd1b006671549547252e3f171d20c.jpg
So i guess now Fiverr should take action.

I completely agreed with @insects44 . Same happened with me. I am stuck at last page. Even I completed 11 orders after moving to bottom. In my Category If you search Google Adsense in first page you will see sellers with 1.0 review and with no review I am with 5 rating to the last page.

Screenshot (655)_LI

Google Adsense

This goes to prove that concept of removing inactive sellers. Not only he has 1 star, he has not been on site for over a year. Fiverr should really purge this from site.

Maybe set it up that user has to log in once a week or once a month to keep his gigs alive on search. if he does not log in in 30 days, his gigs go on paused.

Google Adsense

This goes to prove that concept of removing inactive sellers. Not only he has 1 star, he has not been on site for over a year. Fiverr should really purge this from site.

Maybe set it up that user has to log in once a week or once a month to keep his gigs alive on search. if he does not log in in 30 days, his gigs go on paused.

Yes. There are many examples. I think our suggestions and complains are not producing any effect. Only I see people daily post usual and repetitive things. Fiverr Team is busy in their work. We can only wait for good news that search is working well.

Yes. There are many examples. I think our suggestions and complains are not producing any effect. Only I see people daily post usual and repetitive things. Fiverr Team is busy in their work. We can only wait for good news that search is working well.

I think our suggestions and complains are not producing any effect.

No one on the fiverr staff reads these posts, so you are correct.

Screenshot (655)_LI

My gig with 16 5* reviews is on the last page of my niche and gig with 2 reviews are on the top i don’t know what’s going on i think my gigs are playing role of invisible gig sometimes

I think our suggestions and complains are not producing any effect.

No one on the fiverr staff reads these posts, so you are correct.

Yes, they don’t have time to listen everyone here or read threads. As we can guess from Customer Support Response Team. But we can consider not to blame Fiverr for every reason. We can imagine thousands of new sellers asking basic question. Also there is a huge load on their network when the site of traffic increases.

Yes, they don’t have time to listen everyone here or read threads. As we can guess from Customer Support Response Team. But we can consider not to blame Fiverr for every reason. We can imagine thousands of new sellers asking basic question. Also there is a huge load on their network when the site of traffic increases.

they don’t have time to listen everyone here or read threads.

It is not that they don’t have time. It is that this is not where you file a complaint. You do that at customer support. They have NEVER read this forum and you are mistaking this forum as some place that the staff looks at. It is not. It never has been.

Look at the title of this thread, as if anyone on fiverr’s staff looks at this. They do not read the forum. @insects44 You’ve been here a long time. I like you. I’m sure you must know fiverr staff does not see this thread?

It is not that they don’t have time. It is that this is not where you file a complaint. You do that at customer support. They have NEVER read this forum and you are mistaking this forum as some place that the staff looks at. It is not. It never has been.

Look at the title of this thread, as if anyone on fiverr’s staff looks at this. They do not read the forum. @insects44 You’ve been here a long time. I like you. I’m sure you must know fiverr staff does not see this thread?

Yes, thanks for correcting me. I appreciate that.

I will explain my theory of what is happening now.

There are suddenly 100,000,000,000,000,000 new sellers in the last three months.

The algorithm is overwhelmed and thrown off track by this. It was set to rotate new sellers through the first pages but now there are so many it simply throws them at the first pages and bumps older sellers off completely in it’s program to show new sellers.

And that’s not right… They suppose to have time checking the forum, at least to know issue sellers and buyers going through.

If they are checking the forum, they won’t have issue of people bombarding them with tickets.

I believe by now, Fiverr suppose to have created a live chat where instant issues are being tackled instead of waiting days before they solve the issue.

I’m sorry if I’m not polite, I’m trying my best, I’m not native, so being polite is kinda hard for me.

Here is my prediction. Wait for 5-7 days . And in result get this template.

"Our search page is dynamic and we do not guarantee a Gig’s placement on any page, views, impressions or sales. Kindly note that our search result pages are not displayed equally as all will depend on the search words used (filters).

We recommend you create Gigs with unique services that stand out to reduce competition, include short videos in the description to attract potential buyers and use the social media buttons to promote the Gig and increase traffic.

A Gig’s position takes into consideration many factors, such as:

• Seller performance over a set time period.

• order cancellations

• delivery rate

• responsiveness, etc.

We encourage you to keep performing at your best. Please, let me know if you need further assistance.

Kindest regards"

I got this one.

Archived