Please help! Corrupted file

artsis_br

Hello everyone! I’m relatively new to Fiverr (joined about 1.5 months ago or so) and I’ve recently stumbled upon a problem:

I’m a seller, and I finished an order yesterday and submitted it, but my buyer reported that she couldn’t save the file, and when she finally managed, the file was corrupted.
Now, the file I sent her was a .png for a vector portrait, and the resolution is quite high. She tried opening it on her phone AND on her laptop, but nothing worked. I also tried re-exporting the file from Illustrator and it still seems messed up.

I tried sending it to her again this morning, but I’m pretty sure it’s still corrupted because the preview of the order is all messed up. During my work, I sent her small updates with how it was coming along, and all the message previews were fine, so that’s what Im comparing it to.

Any thoughts? Should I lower the resolution? Is this a problem with my computer, or is it Fiverr?

Please help, and thank you in advance to anyone who replies!

UPDATE: I don’t know what it was, but she managed to get the file in the end, and it all worked itself out! She was a very understanding and polite client

@artsis_br first of all welcome to the Fiverr forum… you should try to send the file in message option…or you should try to decrease the file size and try again

Thank you for replying and thank you for the welcome!

If I do send it as a message, what do I do to finish the order? I thought about sending her any file, but I kind of wanted to show this on my live portfolio because as Im new, it’ll make me more creditable, right?

I’m not sure if I can lower the size, as it’s a part of my package: a certain size and resolution. If I lowered it, she wouldn’t be getting what she payed for

i have been sending png images as delivery files for last 4 years and i didn’t find any problem regarding file corruption. don’t need to decrease file size. just take a new png and deliver again.

This .png is 14584 × 16667 pixels and 300dpi, I figured that was the issue, since none of the previews I sent her had any problems. I did try to re-export it from Illustrate but it still seems to be broken, any ideas?

This .png is 14584 × 16667 pixels and 300dpi, I figured that was the issue, since none of the previews I sent her had any problems. I did try to re-export it from Illustrate but it still seems to be broken, any ideas?

this is comparatively very large file. i do maximum 8000 pix, 300DPI

i don’t think file size does matter

this is comparatively very large file. i do maximum 8000 pix, 300DPI

i don’t think file size does matter

The thing is: The file was sized at 3500x5000px, BUT when I exported it on Illustrator, it resized the file to match the 300ppi resolution. When I open it on my computer, the physical size of the image is normal, and it’s size is exactly 6.1 MB according to my computer

Archived