Fiverr Forum

Please help! Fiverr restricted account and took money

I have a very serious problem with an order I fulfilled… This is a $190 job, and I have just been taken for all of that money. I completed the job back in January, and though I was late in delivery I maintained constant communication with the buyer. I sent him all the files, completed the order, and even did another order for him a few days ago. Today I get an email from Fiverr that says the following:

"Hi voiceofsr,

A dispute was opened via PayPal for your order XXXXXXXXXX: record a PROFESSIONAL male voiceover of 150 words. As a result, we have to cancel this order and ask that you discontinue your work.

If the dispute is resolved, the buyer will receive an offer to reorder your Gig."

I was NEVER notified of a dispute, and now that individual has deleted his account and my fiverr account is locked while I have funds I need to use! I am VERY unhappy about this. Can someone please help me figure out how to get my money back, and get my account unlocked???

Have other users been experiencing similar issues? I have never had such a bad experience with you all. Maybe Fiverr should have better protection for your sellers. This is RIDICULOUS.

Only folks who can help are CS I’m afraid - give them a shot and see what they say.

Sure thing, it’s removed. This is the first time this has happened to me, so I reacted a little strongly to it all.

Basically, the buyer decided to rip you off by filing a PayPal chargeback. Unfortunately, there’s very little you can do. In my time on Fiverr, I’ve had less than 5 chargebacks, so they’re pretty rare. But, they DO occur, and it is very annoying. Also, the buyer hasn’t closed his account – Fiverr has closed it due to the chargeback.

My advice is that you should proactively search online for the voiceover you delivered to the buyer. If you find evidence of them using the work, after filing a chargeback, you can immediately have it taken down through a DMCA takedown request.

Also, consider sending a polite, detailed message to customer support. Explain how you delivered the order successfully, received a great review, etc. and ask if there’s anything they can do to help.

Thank you! I really hope you can get a solution - I’ve never had a PayPal charge back, and don’t want one.

If it’s any consolation, the buyer’s account should have been cancelled - I say should because it may not be the case!

Good luck!

Sorry it happened to you.
This is a post I wrote about chargeback with some info about how they happen, how to avoid them and what to do when it happens. There are no guarantees but sometimes Fiverr does dispute them and wins.

Thank you. I found my work online (youtube) and have sent Fiverr proof it has been uploaded and is in use. I appreciate the tip!

Good stuff! If you don’t get any further, do a Google search for “DMCA takedown” - this should help you further.

This is good info, and there is info about Fiverr and DMCA here: https://www.fiverr.com/intellectual-property

I would react strongly too if I were you. I would be so upset.