Please help! I found someone who sale my gigs on his own website

benarbi

Hello everyone,

I found a buyer who actually order videos and sell them on his website, the worst is that i found my reviews on his website too and he’s saying that this is his work

Is that really included in terms of use of fiverr platform?

Please help!

Hi @benarbi,

Here’s a paragraph taken from the ToS:

• Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Gig page. Note: some Gigs charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for Commercial Use License. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.

So, if you do not specify anything about ownership or licenses that might need to be purchased along with the gig, yes, the buyer has all the rights and they can do whatever they want with the videos that were created by you and delivered in the order.

Hi @benarbi,

• Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Gig page. Note: some Gigs charge additional payments (through Gig Extras) for Commercial Use License. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.

So, if you do not specify anything about ownership or licenses that might need to be purchased along with the gig, yes, the buyer has all the rights and they can do whatever they want with the videos that were created by you and delivered in the order.

ok, so what about my reviews

Hi @benarbi,

please take a look at the reviews panel, they even say “the best one on fiverr”

Mod Note: Image removed

please take a look at the reviews panel, they even say “the best one on fiverr”

Mod Note: Image removed

I’m sure those reviews won’t be allowed, since it’s like he’s impersonating you and they’re talking about how good your communication etc. is, not his. It’s like fraud and he’s impersonating you there. But selling your videos would be okay without the review if he had the rights after you delivered.

Guest merciavideo

They’re ‘user generated content’ on Fiverr’s site, so they belong to Fiverr. Might be better to approach CS and let them know what’s being done with your reviews.

@uk1000 @merciavideo But do you think Fiverr can effectively remove those reviews from a random website they have no influence over? I think the only way they can do that if they register a complaint with a cyber-crime unit yea? If that’s the case, I doubt Fiverr or any user would go to such lengths for the issue that’s being discussed here.

Guest merciavideo

@uk1000 @merciavideo But do you think Fiverr can effectively remove those reviews from a random website they have no influence over? I think the only way they can do that if they register a complaint with a cyber-crime unit yea? If that’s the case, I doubt Fiverr or any user would go to such lengths for the issue that’s being discussed here.

Why not? It’s somebody using ‘faked’ Fiverr reviews to make money elsewhere.

Amazon sued Fiverr users when paid reviews were being used on their site. 🙂

Why not? It’s somebody using ‘faked’ Fiverr reviews to make money elsewhere.

Amazon sued Fiverr users when paid reviews were being used on their site. 🙂

It is just 1 person we’re talking about here… If it were a website with many people doing such things, sure… it would make sense for Fiverr to sue that particular website or domain owner or w.e.

IDK if Fiverr would be willing to go through all the formalities/trouble of going back and forth with the police or a legal team for one person?

It is just 1 person we’re talking about here… If it were a website with many people doing such things, sure… it would make sense for Fiverr to sue that particular website or domain owner or w.e.

IDK if Fiverr would be willing to go through all the formalities/trouble of going back and forth with the police or a legal team for one person?

So, you’re saying like fiverr will do nothing about it since it’s only 1 person?

Guest merciavideo

If it were a website with many people doing such things

We don’t know which website it was on, or how many users it may have, or indeed how many of them may be doing a similar thing.

When all’s said and done, it’s the OP’s reviews, owned by Fiverr. Why should somebody else get away with claiming them for themselves? Apart from anything else, the buyers’ privacy’s being jeopardized because those Fiverr users did not buy from the seller who’s claiming they did.

So, you’re saying like fiverr will do nothing about it since it’s only 1 person?

I am not saying they won’t… They might be able to help you out. It is worth giving it a shot.

However, I am… just… very skeptical about it 🙂

Don’t get me wrong… I’d be glad if Fiverr is able to come to your rescue… Contact CS and let 'em know… Good luck! ❄️

If it were a website with many people doing such things

We don’t know which website it was on, or how many users it may have, or indeed how many of them may be doing a similar thing.

When all’s said and done, it’s the OP’s reviews, owned by Fiverr. Why should somebody else get away with claiming them for themselves? Apart from anything else, the buyers’ privacy’s being jeopardized because those Fiverr users did not buy from the seller who’s claiming they did.

Why should somebody else get away with claiming them for themselves? Apart from anything else, the buyers’ privacy’s being jeopardized because those Fiverr users did not buy from the seller who’s claiming they did.

You are 100% correct. No one should be able to get away with something like that. However, in reality, I am just skeptical of how well Fiverr would be able to protect this seller. IDK :man_shrugging:

Guest merciavideo

Why should somebody else get away with claiming them for themselves? Apart from anything else, the buyers’ privacy’s being jeopardized because those Fiverr users did not buy from the seller who’s claiming they did.

You are 100% correct. No one should be able to get away with something like that. However, in reality, I am just skeptical of how well Fiverr would be able to protect this seller. IDK :man_shrugging:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” 😉

They could just file a DMCA request with Google (about that site) and/or the site I think.

Archived