Please Help Me Get An App Made For Those In Need

champeychen

Hi everyone. I haven’t used Fiverr and I need some help. Here is what is happening in my city in Canada. We are experiencing shortages everywhere due to the coronavirus. But we have a really good Facebook group where community members are asking where they can buy things they need and we also have members who are telling people where they are seeing things back in stock while they are out doing their shopping.

Is there someone that could build an app that users can upload pics of things they are seeing back in stock while they shop and where they found it? Or maybe that kind of an app already exists? I’ve been looking but can’t find one. We have a very large vulnerable seniors community here that can’t go to 10 stores looking for what they need. I think an app like that could be useful for those in need as well as decrease germ transmission of people don’t have to go to multiple locations for nothing when they shop.

I also want to say that I’m not someone who can afford a fancy app to be produced but maybe we can work something out. I just want to help my community, my city, heck maybe even my country with a helpful app.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give ❤️

I wish I had a big brain and could make an app myself 😞

Hi everyone. I haven’t used Fiverr and I need some help. Here is what is happening in my city in Canada. We are experiencing shortages everywhere due to the coronavirus. But we have a really good Facebook group where community members are asking where they can buy things they need and we also have members who are telling people where they are seeing things back in stock while they are out doing their shopping.

Is there someone that could build an app that users can upload pics of things they are seeing back in stock while they shop and where they found it? Or maybe that kind of an app already exists? I’ve been looking but can’t find one. We have a very large vulnerable seniors community here that can’t go to 10 stores looking for what they need. I think an app like that could be useful for those in need as well as decrease germ transmission of people don’t have to go to multiple locations for nothing when they shop.

I also want to say that I’m not someone who can afford a fancy app to be produced but maybe we can work something out. I just want to help my community, my city, heck maybe even my country with a helpful app.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give ❤️

I wish I had a big brain and could make an app myself 😞

I also want to say that I’m not someone who can afford a fancy app to be produced

You are going to have problems.

No offence, but something like 50% of the Coronavirus apps and websites out there are already loaded with malware. Unscrupulous people are taking advantage of the situation to disseminate everything from ransomware to apps that screenshot your phone whenever you enter passwords for financial and social media accounts.

I am NOT saying that a budget seller will deliver something like thing like this to you. What I am saying is that as well as being functional, the security of your app needs to be top notch. In this case, if you really want to help your community, you may want to get reasonable going market rate quotes for your app, then look at raising development cash through crowdfunding.

Doing things this way could also help you market your app. Remember too that while you might have altruistic intentions, this is a hard time for freelancers too who still need to make money to pay their bills and feed their families.

Thank you so much for your wisdom. I never even thought about things like what could go wrong with an app like that. I will look at contacting my city and seeing if there is something they can do. They have much better access and knowledge about this sort of thing than I do. Once again thank you ❤️

This reminds me of an app/program I read about created around the idea of finding parking spaces in New York City. It’s been a long time since then and I can’t remember the title of the article, but now I want to look for it as it might help you get a better idea of both the benefits and problems that came with it. I’ll give it a bit of time, but I might not find it.

Hmm, I think I found it but I’m not sure, since New York Times is limited access.
Still, here’s the search I put into google. (“article how the new york city parking garage app came to be”) And here the link, just in case: https://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/10/technology/personaltech/10smart.html
Again, I’m not sure this is the right one, but it’s dated around the right timeframe.

This reminds me of an app/program I read about created around the idea of finding parking spaces in New York City. It’s been a long time since then and I can’t remember the title of the article, but now I want to look for it as it might help you get a better idea of both the benefits and problems that came with it. I’ll give it a bit of time, but I might not find it.

Thank you so much for your help. If an app already exists that’s even better than starting from square one. Thank you so much for your time and your help ❤️

Thank you so much for your help. If an app already exists that’s even better than starting from square one. Thank you so much for your time and your help ❤️

I doubt it correlates very well to what you’re describing, as the user-base for this is completely different, but you’re welcome anyway.

Archived