Fiverr Community Forum

Please help me understand how to improve my gigs!

This is my Fiverr gig for logo designs. What do you guys think I could improve upon? any tags or anything at all since I’m just starting off and having feelings about “whether I’m doing it right”
https://www.fiverr.com/share/K3lWwY
how long did it take for you to get your first order and what do you think let you accomplish that?

9 Likes

Well I’m a newbie here as well - 5 days or so and I got several messages but the people either didn’t respond or were probably scammers. So I still haven’t had my first sale. It just takes time and patience. Good luck!

edit: NEVER put “unlimited revisions” or “100% money-back guarantee” in your gigs!

4 Likes

But I havent even got any messages. Do you think i should work on anything?

just looking for motivation

2 Likes

I got my first sale after 2 months. Many scammers will message you, just report them and move on.

3 Likes

Check this out: Basics to Improve Your Gig. A helpful breakdown and guide

1 Like

thanks a lot! I’m just really afraid that “I’m doing something wrong” and thats the reason why Im not getting any orders or a lot of impressions

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your advice! I haven’t been mesaged by anyone and I’m just gonna see how it goes, just trying to make a side hustle

1 Like

No it’s alright. Read the info in the link and start working on your gigs. Also you can check other people’s gigs out and use them as a template. Don’t copy them, just look at what they’re offering. I’m talking about other sellers that offer the same services as you, of course!

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of them and try to take pointers! I’ve even seen people get their first orders in just two weeks! Pretty sure all I can do is hope for the best

1 Like

Don’t worry! Just keep working on your offers and it’s all gonna work out. Hmu when you get your first sale haha!
Cheers! x

1 Like

Hello and welcome on Fiverr,

Here is my experience on Fiverr: level 0 still, 53 days on the platform, 0 days with warnings, 19 orders completed, 1 order cancelled by the buyer (not enough information for me to work with) 1 order I just delivered and 3 active orders to be delivered soon and only 5* reviews.

What I have noticed so far is that it took me 15 days to get my very first voice over order. Then I waited a week more to get my second voice over project, and since day 30-35 I receive almost every day one order. The more time I am on the platform, the more orders I get. Indeed, the algorithm behind is rewarding “trustworthy” sellers meaning sellers that:

• Deliver on-time orders
  • Get good reviews from buyers
  • Provide clear communication
  • Self-improve themselves by taking a course (or more) on Learn from Fiverr: gigs ranked better when the linked course is successfully completed
  • Answer quickly to message from new buyers and make sure to check buyer requests frequently.
  • Don’t violate Fiverr ToS: please make sure you read it entirely it’s very important.

Concerning your question on what you can improve on your gig:

• I suggest you add your picture on your gig description: it helps buyers to have somehow the feeling to deal with a real human
  • Can you offer more extra on your gig? I don’t have a logo design gig so I don’t know if you can add more like: extra fast delivery, for instance. This way, you’ll get more options for the buyer to choose from and also more money :slight_smile:
  • Good for FAQ part, why choose me bullet points
  • Are you sure about this? “The First 5 orders are only 5 dollars for any of the packages!” I don’t think it’s a good idea for you because it appears it’s not possible regarding your 3 packages gig: premium is at $30 and standard at $10. I am a bit confused here, and I believe buyers may also be, which is not good for your business.

I hope it helped you.
Regards

4 Likes

Thanks a ton! I just made the 5 dollars thing to try and get more traffic but I’m going to try your advice out.
Also I didn’t understand what you meant by add a picture to your fiverr description? I have added images for my fiverr gig but I didnt understand exactly what you meant by that.

She probably meant that you should upload a profile picture of yourself so that people can actually see a human, not a logo.

2 Likes

Sounds great, I’ll do that asap.
even I felt a logo was a bit too robotish and not really trustable.

4 Likes

By adding a picture, I meant your picture.
As we are working through computers only, buyers can’t see our faces.
As a result, they tend to more buy from sellers that put their faces on their gig.
Does it make sense?

You can easily create a thumbnail in canva :slight_smile: I guess you know that free tool, right?
Please make sure you take a picture of you in which you’re doing something professionally, or you are smiling in a kind but serious way.
I guess many sellers in your gig’s category have put their headshots on their gig picture, right?

4 Likes

Indeed :slight_smile: you got my point!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help! hope you have a wonderful day :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks !
You too :slight_smile:
I wish you get your first order soon !

1 Like