Please Help! My client placed an order but didn't send details

mohammadali04

My client placed an order and sent me a pic with email address and whats app number to communicate with him and take details. I don’t want to communicate with him outside fiverr as it’s against fiverr’s TOS. I informed him and he said “some jobs on fiverr STILL require that info and need to send files via email”.

The order has 24 hours left only. Can anybody please advice me what to do now.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

ALWAYS select the option in your gig that says that the requirements are required, not optional.

Then the gig time won’t start until the requirements form is filled out.

If you create gigs without educating yourself on what issues can come up, you WILL get burned. Always look up how things work. There is plenty of information on that.

ALWAYS select the option in your gig that says that the requirements are required, not optional.

If you create gigs without educating yourself on what issues can come up, you WILL get burned. Always look up how things work. There is plenty of information on that.

Thanks for your input. I will edit my gigs and change the details so that next time I’ll not get burned.

eyies, even with that required information this turned on, the buyer could simply say “hi”, and then start the gig. in that case, and this, i would say customer support though

in cases where they just say “make me a logo” or something, i would probably send them a picture of a gerbil and offer a revision. that way at least they have until the end of time itself to respond

Report to CS that you want to cancel due to buyer asking for outside Fiverr communication. Let CS take the order down and it will not hurt your profile.

Hi @marinapomorac as per your advice I contacted with the CS and opened a ticket. They mailed me (which is a auto generated one) where it’s told that they will get back to me with a human response and it can take 10 business days). In the meantime is there anything from my side to do or I’ll just wait. Please Note: there’s only 8 hours left to the delivery.

Thanks in advance for your time.

eyies, even with that required information this turned on, the buyer could simply say “hi”, and then start the gig. in that case, and this, i would say customer support though

in cases where they just say “make me a logo” or something, i would probably send them a picture of a gerbil and offer a revision. that way at least they have until the end of time itself to respond

I already opened a ticket, so should I do anything else?

Hi @marinapomorac as per your advice I contacted with the CS and opened a ticket. They mailed me (which is a auto generated one) where it’s told that they will get back to me with a human response and it can take 10 business days). In the meantime is there anything from my side to do or I’ll just wait. Please Note: there’s only 8 hours left to the delivery.

I really do not know why this is happening to all of you with CS, For me, every time I contact CS I get human respond in 2 hours.

Cancel order. If buyer comes back and leaves negative you can remove that while completion rate can be fixed with new orders delivered on time.

I really do not know why this is happening to all of you with CS, For me, every time I contact CS I get human respond in 2 hours.

Cancel order. If buyer comes back and leaves negative you can remove that while completion rate can be fixed with new orders delivered on time.

Hi @marinapomorac Sorry that I’m knocking you over and over again. Thing is I’m comparatively new on fiverr. Hence, not understanding the whole process. I visited the resolution center to cancel the order, but it has the option to send buyer a request to cancel the order. Will you please tell me that should I send the buyer an order cancellation request or wait for CS to contact with me? In the meantime if delivery time will be crossed will I be affected or what will be the scenario. It’ll be really a great help if you advice.

Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Hi @marinapomorac Sorry that I’m knocking you over and over again. Thing is I’m comparatively new on fiverr. Hence, not understanding the whole process. I visited the resolution center to cancel the order, but it has the option to send buyer a request to cancel the order. Will you please tell me that should I send the buyer an order cancellation request or wait for CS to contact with me? In the meantime if delivery time will be crossed will I be affected or what will be the scenario. It’ll be really a great help if you advice.

Send buyer to cancel and write in detail what is happening, then do the same to CS. Don’t just press cancel without adding your explanation.

I’ve had to use the reolution center to cancel a few times for this reason and I think each time the buyer messaged me to apologize and explain.

The buyer receives a different email subject line when there is a cancellation request than if there is a message and that plus the whole process seems to smarten up buyers to the reality that you’re going to cancel.

Some buyers may wise up when they see you’re not going to let them mess with you and you’ve explained the problem.

I’ve had to use the reolution center to cancel a few times for this reason and I think each time the buyer messaged me to apologize and explain.

The buyer receives a different email subject line when there is a cancellation request than if there is a message and that plus the whole process seems to smarten up buyers to the reality that you’re going to cancel.

Some buyers may wise up when they see you’re not going to let them mess with you and you’ve explained the problem.

Thanks really appreciate your input regarding the matter. Just hoping that the problem will be resolved as soon as possible.

Hi @humanissocial I have sent an order cancellation request to the buyer explaining that I made contact with the CS. The buyer declined the request and sent me the order cancellation request stating that “the seller can’t do the job” and also stating that “Not able to send files thru fiver because I’m operating on a mobile device please advise”. Now I have two days to accept or decline. Can you please advise what should I do now? Should decline and wait for the CS to take a look into the matter (if I don’t respond to the request the order will automatically be cancelled within two days)

Hi @marinapomorac have sent an order cancellation request to the buyer explaining that I made contact with the CS. The buyer declined the request and sent me the order cancellation request stating that “the seller can’t do the job” and also stating that “Not able to send files thru fiver because I’m operating on a mobile device please advise”. Now I have two days to accept or decline. Can you please advise what should I do now? Should decline and wait for the CS to take a look into the matter (if I don’t respond to the request the order will automatically be cancelled within two days)

Problem with that is that you still might not receive enough information. For example, I draw characters based on reference or description. If a customer doesn’t send me adequate information and then turns non-responsive, I would be in a big bind. I haven’t encountered it yet, but the thought of it stresses me out 😅

Thanks to all of you for your time and support towards me (specially @marinapomorac you were awesome throughout the whole process; thanks for guiding me towards the right way; I followed each and every step that you’ve instructed; it helped me a lot; I owe you big time!).

The problem has been solved and the CS cancelled the order for me. YAY!

Archived