Please kill auto responder

allyso

Please get rid of the auto-responder for people applying for gigs I asked for. Since the auto-responder says "Hi, I’m “Name” " and then tells me how long seller has been on fiverr, I have no idea if the seller has understood what I’m asking for. If people had to respond in their own words I could at least judge whether they were likely to have understood what I want. I asked for a photo, but nearly everyone seems to think I want a photo EDITED. When I explain, they say, “sorry, I’m not a photographer” which means not only have they wasted their time but also mine. So please… let sellers communicate in their own words, not in a formula that implies they speak and understand plain English when many of them clearly don’t. I hasten to add that there’s no reason why they should be able to speak English. After all, I don’t speak Chinese, Spanish or any other language… but then, I’m not applying for gigs advertised by Spanish speakers in Spanish.

This is a FANTASTIC suggestion,

Whenever I apply an offer over requests I want to talk about and ask questions on every job. That outgoing message has always annoyed me. Great, display statistics, that’s useful, but wow is it ineffective in helping a buyer figure out whether they want to work with someone.

Archived