Please note: Some categories require that sellers verify their skills

fastcopywriter

Question

Can anyone tell me please, what does this mean “Some categories require that sellers verify their skills?”

It probably means you need to run a Fiverr skills test and pass it, ie. one relevant to that category. Though it should really specify whether the category you have selected is one of the categories that requires it and if so, which skills test(s) need passing, but it probably doesn’t.

• Like 14

They recommended 2 test for me, one of them is Basic English. Clearly didn’t do it but I passed the other one which is related to the gig I am creating. Yet, this annoying message didn’t disappear.
Isn’t there anyone here from Fiverr to answer us?!

• Like 10

They recommended 2 test for me, one of them is Basic English. Clearly didn’t do it but I passed the other one which is related to the gig I am creating. Yet, this annoying message didn’t disappear.

Most of us are sellers, just like you. We do not work for Fiverr, nor are we associated with Customer Support. If you need an answer directly from Fiverr, then I recommend that you contact Customer Support.

• Like 15

Is the annoying message stopping you from creating a gig? If it isn’t, then the message is not important. Maybe Fiverr is testing a new feature for the future.

Either way, taking tests doesn’t hurt. If you score low, you can choose not to display the result. If you score higher, then show everyone how well you did. I’m proud I scored 9/10 of English Language and Basic English.

• Like 14

Is the annoying message stopping you from creating a gig? If it isn’t, then the message is not important. Maybe Fiverr is testing a new feature for the future.

Either way, taking tests doesn’t hurt. If you score low, you can choose not to display the result. If you score higher, then show everyone how well you did. I’m proud I scored 9/10 of English Language and Basic English.

I am facing the same issue . yes they want to pass tests to prove your skills.

• Like 9

I am facing the same issue . yes they want to pass tests to prove your skills.

If you’re talking about the message that mentions you need to pass tests to prove your skills, don’t worry about it. For now it’s not applicable, anyone can create a gig and sell anything.

The tests I’m referring to are optional, people do it to enhance their profiles. If I score 9/10 Top 10% in the English language test, that gives my future clients confidence that I can speak and write English.

• Like 13

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I guess I was wrong. I suppose there are no tests for my gigs on Fiverr. Testing grammar and spelling is easier than testing lots of other things. How do you test a graphic designer or someone who writes radio commercials or a remote assistant?

• Like 10

I wonder if my own proofreading gig has been grandfathered? I just activated it a few days ago (got promoted to level 1) and had no issues.

What was your score in the English test?

Congratulations on getting level one 🙂 well, i thinks its for new sellers. As you are at level one means you’d joined fiverr earlier than this. i am also facing one more issue of not able to get impressions,views and clicks on my gigs. Would you like to suggest me something to solve this problem. Many thanks .

• Like 9

If you need to verify some skill for the gig you are creating you won’t be able to create it unless you pass the exam, and they will send you an exam.

I did it for proofreading GIG (all English test). And you must get a certain score in order to be able to create a GIG in that field.

But it is only for some GIGs.

For graphic designers there are Photoshop an illustrator tests.

• Like 11

I wonder if my own proofreading gig has been grandfathered? I just activated it a few days ago (got promoted to level 1) and had no issues.

I wonder if my own proofreading gig has been grandfathered?

I never had to take it for the letter-writing or proofreading gigs I had before I made the new proofreading gig even if I paused and unpaused them.

Ten of course!

• Like 10

If you need to verify some skill for the gig you are creating you won’t be able to create it unless you pass the exam, and they will send you an exam.

I did it for proofreading GIG (all English test). And you must get a certain score in order to be able to create a GIG in that field.

But it is only for some GIGs.

For graphic designers there are Photoshop an illustrator tests.

Yes, @marinapomorac. You are right. If the skills required for creating a Gig, then you must do the test and pass with a certain score (they will tell you before you do the test).

For Photoshop and Illustrator tests, fortunately, they are not required to do to create a Gig (based on my experience when I created my Social Media Design Gig). I don’t know what type of creative Gig requires Photoshop and Illustrator tests.

• Like 9

Congratulations on getting level one 🙂 well, i thinks its for new sellers. As you are at level one means you’d joined fiverr earlier than this. i am also facing one more issue of not able to get impressions,views and clicks on my gigs. Would you like to suggest me something to solve this problem. Many thanks .

Congratulations on getting level one 🙂 well, i thinks its for new sellers. As you are at level one means you’d joined fiverr earlier than this

Check my profile. I’ve been on Fiverr since 2013. If I’m a level 1 is because I got demoted a bunch of times. As for your issue, if what you’re doing isn’t working, do something else. Try a new gig title, gig image, gig description, lower or raise prices. I don’t recommend doing everything at once, but make one change and see what happens. Study your competition and see what they’re doing, then follow the ones who are succeeding.

• Like 10

I wonder if my own proofreading gig has been grandfathered?

I never had to take it for the letter-writing or proofreading gigs I had before I made the new proofreading gig even if I paused and unpaused them.

Ten of course!

Ten of course!

That’s impressive. A lot of these tests are very tricky, some take 45 minutes to do, and the answers in the multiple choice can take a long time to read. That I find annoying.

• Like 11

Congratulations on getting level one 🙂 well, i thinks its for new sellers. As you are at level one means you’d joined fiverr earlier than this

Check my profile. I’ve been on Fiverr since 2013. If I’m a level 1 is because I got demoted a bunch of times. As for your issue, if what you’re doing isn’t working, do something else. Try a new gig title, gig image, gig description, lower or raise prices. I don’t recommend doing everything at once, but make one change and see what happens. Study your competition and see what they’re doing, then follow the ones who are succeeding.

Many Thanks for your help . yes ,surely i’ll follow your instructions. I believe it’ll solve the problem.

• Like 10

I am also having a hard time getting past the, some categories require the seller verify their skill. For those who have gone past it, after taking the test, please how did you do it.

For those who have gone past it, after taking the test, please how did you do it.

I passed the test then I could post my gig.

If you do not pass the test you cannot go any further in creating your gig because your skills have not been verified and therefore Fiverr will not let you have a gig for those services.

• Like 9

For those who have gone past it, after taking the test, please how did you do it.

If you do not pass the test you cannot go any further in creating your gig because your skills have not been verified and therefore Fiverr will not let you have a gig for those services.

Fiverr has changed a lot since I’ve joined. Maybe they want to limit the number of sellers. I wonder if someday we’ll have to pay $5 a month just to be on Fiverr.

• Like 9

Fiverr has changed a lot since I’ve joined. Maybe they want to limit the number of sellers. I wonder if someday we’ll have to pay $5 a month just to be on Fiverr.

I wonder if someday we’ll have to pay $5 a month just to be on Fiverr.

That may mean many sellers with few or no orders would delete their accounts. :thinking:

• Like 11

Thank you for the update. However, I took the test yesterday and my laptop died before I could finish the test. After powering it on, i realize it has gone and it generated a failed test result.
Have been trying to take the test again but am unable to achieve that because there are no options for that. Please how do i get past this?

• Like 8