PLEASE READ - Unable to find gig in search SOLVED

guymastrion

There are about 15 posts a day from sellers (mostly new) who are saying they cannot find their gigs in search.

I did a little experiment with my own gigs and found something out.

1. You can search your gig and find it at the bottom then the next search can find it at the top.

2. Gigs can disappear. One time I searched my gig and filtered it down to find it easier. It was nowhere to be found. I tried again 10 minutes later with the same filters and it was in the middle.

3. “Ranking” doesn’t matter. Your gig will move up and down. There is nothing wrong with the algorithm when you find your gig at the bottom. You either get orders or you don’t. Nothing more.

4. Leave CS alone. Stop sending the poor guys messages over this. Refer to 1-3 if you are seeing a problem.

If you can’t ever find your gig, use the Filter button to try and find it. There are about 108,000 gigs in logo design so don’t waste your time going through all of the pages.

Make this post known so people can find it before posting.

Amen to this! Thank you for posting. More people need to understand what you wrote (the same thing I keep trying to tell users on the forum as well). This is the truth – every bit of it. There is no forum ranking, and gigs rotate all over the search results, and show up in different places for different users.

Again, thank you for posting this!

People with thousands of reviews are facing this problem. You can’t deny that gigs with 0 reviews are in search and gigs with thousands of reviews and continuous sales from regular buyers aren’t searchable.

Yes, you can find your gig by applying filters but that doesn’t matter. No buyer will ever apply filter like local buyer and then go to the last page to buy something.

Also, it is not about ratings or performance, it’s just Fiverr’s algorithm.

“Ranking Doesn’t Matter?” hm? With due respect, I think you have a lot to learn about Fiverr and how it works.

You have 29 reviews, imagine sellers with thousands of reviews who worked their butt off for years and CS gets back to them with a template reply that gigs that are doing better are ranked above them. While all they can find are gigs with 0, negative reviews or last order delivered a year ago.

So, dude, the ranking does matter.

And yeah, your post says, I did a little experiment, I think you forgot to add that experiment in the post. Waiting for it.

People with thousands of reviews are facing this problem. You can’t deny that gigs with 0 reviews are in search and gigs with thousands of reviews and continuous sales from regular buyers aren’t searchable.

Yes, you can find your gig by applying filters but that doesn’t matter. No buyer will ever apply filter like local buyer and then go to the last page to buy something.

Also, it is not about ratings or performance, it’s just Fiverr’s algorithm.

“Ranking Doesn’t Matter?” hm? With due respect, I think you have a lot to learn about Fiverr and how it works.

You have 29 reviews, imagine sellers with thousands of reviews who worked their butt off for years and CS gets back to them with a template reply that gigs that are doing better are ranked above them. While all they can find are gigs with 0, negative reviews or last order delivered a year ago.

So, dude, the ranking does matter.

And yeah, your post says, I did a little experiment, I think you forgot to add that experiment in the post. Waiting for it.

you can find your gig by applying filters but that doesn’t matter. No buyer will ever apply filter like local buyer

I have heard from many of my previous buyers that they found me via filters. Buyers use filters all the time to narrow down their searches, and find the best seller for their project.

Please don’t make random claims about the behavior of buyers. Your claim is not accurate. Many buyers DO use filters. That’s why the filters exist.

you can find your gig by applying filters but that doesn’t matter. No buyer will ever apply filter like local buyer

I have heard from many of my previous buyers that they found me via filters. Buyers use filters all the time to narrow down their searches, and find the best seller for their project.

Please don’t make random claims about the behavior of buyers. Your claim is not accurate. Many buyers DO use filters. That’s why the filters exist.

Yes, previous buyers can surely find you. I agree.

However, when your gig is not in search and you can’t even find it using title. That’s time, even if you apply local seller, online seller, category filter. Even after these, you will find your gig on the last page.

New buyers may apply these filters but won’t browse through to the last page to order lol.

This post was aimed at new sellers.

When you create a gig, Fiverr will see if it does well by moving it back and forth. This is when all of the new sellers get confused.

I’m aware of that problem which they will hopefully fix in the coming update which involved sellers like you.

You’re right, I’ve created my first gig 2 months ago so I don’t have much experience with this.

But from what I’ve heard, it’s a load of gibberish from new sellers.

No buyer will ever apply filter like local buyer and then go to the last page to buy something.

This is not true at all. I’ve had many buyers who filtered and found me in search of an American seller. My long term buyer who I do weekly projects with for the last month and future 3 months found me by filtering for an American (reliable) seller.

If it’s for new sellers, I agree.

I did my first hundred orders from buyer request. I didn’t know anything about ranking or I can even find my gig. Never searched myself for months.

After a few months, I started to rank in first 4-5 pages and then for a year I was ranked on first page with always 15+ orders in queue. Sometimes even 25+.

But the last 60 days have been tough. Didn’t receive a single message. You won’t believe people with 0 reviews and negative feedbacks showed up for my title in search.

I think my gig was screwed more than yours. That’s why you are getting some messages. Good luck dude.

Anyways, I wish you get a lot of orders. Thanks

Yes, previous buyers can surely find you. I agree.

However, when your gig is not in search and you can’t even find it using title. That’s time, even if you apply local seller, online seller, category filter. Even after these, you will find your gig on the last page.

New buyers may apply these filters but won’t browse through to the last page to order lol.

However, when your gig is not in search and you can’t even find it using title.

Just because YOU can’t find your gig, does not mean it isn’t in the search system. It just means that YOU don’t see it when YOU do a search. Please reread what @guymastrion wrote.

Then don’t rely on the search system for your orders. Take the time to learn how to market and promote your services so the people who need what you offer can find you, and hire you. That’s the point of business. Why would hosting your services on Fiverr be any different? Why do so many sellers seem to think that a freelancer no longer needs to manage their gigs like a business here on Fiverr, and no longer have need of marketing and promotion.

Fiverr is not going to make you successful, or provide you with sales just because you want them to. That’s not Fiverr’s job. Those are your gigs, your success, and your revenue. YOU are responsible for doing what you need to do, in order to connect to the people who need to hire you.

There are about 15 posts a day from sellers (mostly new) who are saying they cannot find their gigs in search.

I did a little experiment with my own gigs and found something out.

1. You can search your gig and find it at the bottom then the next search can find it at the top.

2. Gigs can disappear. One time I searched my gig and filtered it down to find it easier. It was nowhere to be found. I tried again 10 minutes later with the same filters and it was in the middle.

3. “Ranking” doesn’t matter. Your gig will move up and down. There is nothing wrong with the algorithm when you find your gig at the bottom. You either get orders or you don’t. Nothing more.

4. Leave CS alone. Stop sending the poor guys messages over this. Refer to 1-3 if you are seeing a problem.

If you can’t ever find your gig, use the Filter button to try and find it. There are about 108,000 gigs in logo design so don’t waste your time going through all of the pages.

Make this post known so people can find it before posting.

Leave CS alone. Stop sending the poor guys messages over this. Refer to 1-3 if you are seeing a problem.

Finally, someone said it!

If it’s for new sellers, I agree.

I did my first hundred orders from buyer request. I didn’t know anything about ranking or I can even find my gig. Never searched myself for months.

After a few months, I started to rank in first 4-5 pages and then for a year I was ranked on first page with always 15+ orders in queue. Sometimes even 25+.

But the last 60 days have been tough. Didn’t receive a single message. You won’t believe people with 0 reviews and negative feedbacks showed up for my title in search.

I think my gig was screwed more than yours. That’s why you are getting some messages. Good luck dude.

Anyways, I wish you get a lot of orders. Thanks

Thanks

I hope you get out of this little runt you’re in in the coming update.

However, when your gig is not in search and you can’t even find it using title.

Just because YOU can’t find your gig, does not mean it isn’t in the search system. It just means that YOU don’t see it when YOU do a search. Please reread what @guymastrion wrote.

Then don’t rely on the search system for your orders. Take the time to learn how to market and promote your services so the people who need what you offer can find you, and hire you. That’s the point of business. Why would hosting your services on Fiverr be any different? Why do so many sellers seem to think that a freelancer no longer needs to manage their gigs like a business here on Fiverr, and no longer have need of marketing and promotion.

Fiverr is not going to make you successful, or provide you with sales just because you want them to. That’s not Fiverr’s job. Those are your gigs, your success, and your revenue. YOU are responsible for doing what you need to do, in order to connect to the people who need to hire you.

Thanks Jon for all the suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Apply these yourself as well.

Thanks Jon for all the suggestions. Really appreciate it.

That was a little rude. And FYI, I have been doing all this – for years now. That’s why I am a successful veteran seller. I’m trying to impart wisdom to those, such as yourself, who have yet to learn these things. Fiverr is not here to make you successful. YOU are still responsible for making you successful.

That was a little rude. And FYI, I have been doing all this – for years now. That’s why I am a successful veteran seller. I’m trying to impart wisdom to those, such as yourself, who have yet to learn these things. Fiverr is not here to make you successful. YOU are still responsible for making you successful.

What’s it like in Wisconsin? I’ve heard y’all are calling in the national guard?

Sorry this is off topic

I wasn’t rude. Sorry if you feel that way.

Yes, we are still responsible for making us successful, by providing quality and getting the rank that we deserve.

I hope you get a lot of orders too! It was a good talk. Again, I wasn’t rude

What’s it like in Wisconsin? I’ve heard y’all are calling in the national guard?

Sorry this is off topic

I’ll be brief, and say, I haven’t heard anything about out local National Guard being called in. I’d comment further, but this is, as you noted… off-topic. You’re welcome to send me a PM, though, if you would like to discuss this further. 😉

I wasn’t rude. Sorry if you feel that way.

Yes, we are still responsible for making us successful, by providing quality and getting the rank that we deserve.

I hope you get a lot of orders too! It was a good talk. Again, I wasn’t rude

The thing is, though, no one deserves any sort of “rank” on Fiverr. Fiverr is on record stating that orders are not guaranteed to anyone, just because sellers have gigs hosted on Fiverr. And no gig deserves any specific or consistent placement in the search results.

No one deserves orders, and no one deserves any “rank”. We are all equal as sellers here, and we work with the tools we have to reach out to those who need our services. The sellers who do better at this, tend to see the most success on their gigs.

Great.

1. Competitor’s gig(actions needed to find it): type “restore photo” in search bar
  2. Competitor’s gig(actions needed to find it): type “restore photo” in search bar plus add couple of random filters. Why random? because my gig did not show when you’re choosing “online”/“best selling” or “delivery time”. The only way to found it is to chose country. And who is filtering by country in photoshop editing section? 0,0001% of buyers?

Who will win?

Great.

1. Competitor’s gig(actions needed to find it): type “restore photo” in search bar
  2. Competitor’s gig(actions needed to find it): type “restore photo” in search bar plus add couple of random filters. Why random? because my gig did not show when you’re choosing “online”/“best selling” or “delivery time”. The only way to found it is to chose country. And who is filtering by country in photoshop editing section? 0,0001% of buyers?

Who will win?

Who will win?

The sellers who don’t put all their eggs in one basket are the ones who usually “win”. It is unwise to expect the search system to be your only source of sales.

What i find REALLY frustrating is when you edit your gig, it totally disappears from the search. It’s active but not in the search.
I contact CS and they send a generic email back saying visit: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig?level1=not_searchable when you have already tried this and this is the reason for contacting CS.

677752329_Screenshot2020-06-26at09_47_31.thumb.jpg.d9ae64a456e3a1c8ff6c99534a0f3a0e.jpg
Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 09.47.313462×1684 332 KB
826274375_Screenshot2020-06-26at09_47_44.thumb.png.ede1ea82fb1d463e93477734a57284e6.png
Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 09.47.442826×1798 294 KB

Archived