Please respond to my query, and suggest a better way out

bakh_tawar

I recently completed an order, catalog. I made my buyer check the work at different stages and he was satisfied. I delivered the order and he just replied that he’ll let me know after the printing is done and then we’ll head towards the second phase i.e other part of the same catalog. And he also mentioned that it takes two days there, to get things printed. The order was marked as complete automatically by Fiverr, and also this I told him when he mentioned about this printing stuff. So I was clear from my side.
Today when he was to tell me about printing, since it is the fourth day… he didn’t give me any updates so I messaged him to ask, somebody from his account is talking, saying that he deals with all technical stuff and he is his partner and he as many things to talk about and he can’t talk here via typing. I have refused to talk using any source outside the fiverr and told him that it is against TOS.

The thing that is bothering me now is, the order is complete, I feel I am obedient to my client, not the one who has took over the control, even if he was to talk, my client should have mentioned about it prior. It is very sudden, unfortunate and confusing. Tell me a better solution to it, to deal with it. As it doesn’t makes sense to me, that my client was satisfied when he talked last to me and now out of no-where when I messaged him to ask about printing, someone else is talking to me claiming many changes to be made. I have no issues in making changes even the order has been marked as complete, BUT ONLY IF MY CLEINT ASKS ME TO. not someone, who doesn’t know how the work was proceeded and done and got to this point, and asking for changes.

I think you’d better take this up with CS. If I were in your shoes, though, since I have already delivered the work, I’d simply mark the order as delivered. Fiverr clearly states that sellers are not expected to put up with such behavior from buyers. If the work you have delivered fits the requirements that you were initially presented with, you are not expected to keep up with your client’s new requirements for change.
The safest option is to simply contact CS regarding this, but if you want to take my approach, mark it delivered and then get a CS ticket just to be on the same side.

I recently completed an order, catalog. I made my buyer check the work at different stages and he was satisfied. I delivered the order and he just replied that he’ll let me know after the printing is done and then we’ll head towards the second phase i.e other part of the same catalog. And he also mentioned that it takes two days there, to get things printed. The order was marked as complete automatically by Fiverr, and also this I told him when he mentioned about this printing stuff. So I was clear from my side.

Today when he was to tell me about printing, since it is the fourth day… he didn’t give me any updates so I messaged him to ask, somebody from his account is talking, saying that he deals with all technical stuff and he is his partner and he as many things to talk about and he can’t talk here via typing. I have refused to talk using any source outside the fiverr and told him that it is against TOS.

The thing that is bothering me now is, the order is complete, I feel I am obedient to my client, not the one who has took over the control, even if he was to talk, my client should have mentioned about it prior. It is very sudden, unfortunate and confusing. Tell me a better solution to it, to deal with it. As it doesn’t makes sense to me, that my client was satisfied when he talked last to me and now out of no-where when I messaged him to ask about printing, someone else is talking to me claiming many changes to be made. I have no issues in making changes even the order has been marked as complete, BUT ONLY IF MY CLEINT ASKS ME TO. not someone, who doesn’t know how the work was proceeded and done and got to this point, and asking for changes.

I delivered the order and he just replied that he’ll let me know after the printing is done and then we’ll head towards the second phase i.e other part of the same catalog

So, if I understand right, this order was suppose to be two-parts? It probably should have been two separate orders, then. I’m not sure what you can do for your current situation, but if something requires stages, steps, milestones, segments, or other variations of ‘more than one delivery’, then it’s best to make it more than one order.

I feel I am obedient to my client, not the one who has took over the control

You mean, obligated? That makes sense. I take it you’ve requested to talk to the original client? Maybe say/repeat: ‘revision requests must be made by original client’.

My personal opinion on revisions: You should politely inform/remind the new speaker that ‘revisions’ are not ‘change orders’ and link to the Wikipedia definition of the latter . Maybe… if they do not want to be charged more that you must negotiate the changes with the first speaker.

Archived