Please stop with this being online stuff

ligiacarvalho

What being online mean to you?

I am tired of hearing this “be active online” advice.

Being online just for being online does not make any sense.

Use your time wisely, be productive while you don’t get any orders. Learn more about Fiverr and how you can be successful here, learn more about online and content marketing (outside Fiverr that you can share your gigs and add value to your “business”), work on building a solid portfolio… the list can go on and on.

A successful seller is too busy to “be online” waiting.

I personally do not reply to my messages at night since I need to have time for myself.

I wish everyone can be successful, but please choose to be productive instead of just “online.”

Just my rant for the day 😅

Finally, someone made a good points about those kind useless “staying online” advise. Although, I and probably most artists usually stay up late until 2AM spend times in our work trying to get the artwork done! (Checking my Fiverr to see if any orders) 😅

This may sounds like we (artists) “staying online” waiting for buyers over this, but it’s not! LOL

Thank you for posting this!

I’m tired of responding to questions about the “importance” of being online.

I saw one post yesterday from one new Seller who said they spent 18-hours online and were completely worn out.

Well, duh.

It’s sad to say the least when I see people so desperate that they cannot think straight.

I never reply messages at night and also if I am working on a project for my client, I am offline and will only reply to another message when I am done.

I feel that serious clients will appreciate that.

Finally, someone made a good points about those kind useless “staying online” advise. Although, I and probably most artists usually stay up late until 2AM spend times in our work trying to get the artwork done! (Checking my Fiverr to see if any orders) 😅

This may sounds like we (artists) “staying online” waiting for buyers over this, but it’s not! LOL

Also, most of my fellow artists are on DeviantArt and Artstation. None of them are on Fiverr, so I guess I’m the only one using Fiverr. Haha. 😅

Lol… that’s funny. I am pretty sure you are being productive 😊

I’m more “active” on the forum than I am on the Fiverr main site. 😄

I’m only on the main site to occasionally gawk at Buyer Requests, respond to messages, check stats, and deliver orders; that’s mainly it.

Same here. I never go to BR, and it is a waste of my time since I can’t find a reasonable request 😅

Same here. I never go to BR, and it is a waste of my time since I can’t find a reasonable request 😅

Oh gosh… Same! Honestly, I hate using BR. I tried offered my gig to two different buyers in the past week, but never heard back from them since. So I stopped looking at BR. All I do is read their requests, then close the browser tab. 🙂

I have never understood that rationale. For me - my time is valuable, not just online monetarily, but I also have a lot of important people and things that need my attention, and I enjoy tending to - OFFLINE.

I can’t stand doing nothing. Sitting waiting for orders, won’t make them happen sooner, and amounts to doing nothing, but wasting valuable time!

Go outside, get some fresh air, take a walk… a run …a bike ride - you’ll find that your more ready and excited about working when you do that!

Oh gosh… Same! Honestly, I hate using BR. I tried offered my gig to two different buyers in the past week, but never heard back from them since. So I stopped looking at BR. All I do is read their requests, then close the browser tab. 🙂

Right? I don’t even look at there anymore 😅

I have never understood that rationale. For me - my time is valuable, not just online monetarily, but I also have a lot of important people and things that need my attention, and I enjoy tending to - OFFLINE.

I can’t stand doing nothing. Sitting waiting for orders, won’t make them happen sooner, and amounts to doing nothing, but wasting valuable time!

Go outside, get some fresh air, take a walk… a run …a bike ride - you’ll find that your more ready and excited about working when you do that!

I completely agree with you 😊

Every once in a while there is a buyer request that is reasonable- so it doesn’t hurt to check periodically throughout the day if your looking for work. They don’t stay on the page long either due to the quality and number of applicants.

And to the OP’s point - being online CAN be a trigger for a curious buyer to message you about an order - and it can be a complete nothing burger as well.

This is by far one of the best “Stay Online” commercial artwork ever on Fiverr Late Show with deivys2007 and ligiacarvalho!

“Okay ladies and gentlemen. We will be inviting one of the desperate “Stay Online” guest on our show, after commercial break! Will beeee rright back!”

Then Deivys20071 logo name appears on TV screen while jazz music playing in the background

Archived