[POLL] Did you/will you raise your Gig prices for 2020?

miiila

poll2  

208 members have voted

1. 1. poll2

• I’m going to leave everything as it was 2019
    • I have reduced my Gig price a bit this January
    • I have reduced my Gig price substantially this January
    • I’m thinking about reducing my Gig price this January
    • I’m thinking about reducing my Gig price later this year

Did you or will you raise your Gig prices for the start of the new decade?
You can choose from the below options, this poll is anonymous.
You’re welcome to comment to explain the what, why, and how, if you want to!

• No, I’m sticking with $5, it’s Fiverr, isn’t it
  • Yes, I’ve raised my Gig price/s already
  • I haven’t yet but I will raise my Gig price/s this January, just didn’t get around to editing my Gig/s yet
  • Yes - I haven’t raised my Gig price/s nominally BUT indirectly by structuring the Gig/s differently = less bang for the buck
  • I haven’t yet but I will raise my Gig price/s indirectly this January by editing my Gig/s = less bang for the buck
  • I plan to raise my Gig price/s sometime this year but not in January
  • I did raise my Gig price/s already in January or will raise them in January and plan to raise them again this year

0voters

Actually,

• I’m going to leave everything as it was 2019
  • I have reduced my Gig price a bit this January
  • I have reduced my Gig price substantially this January
  • I’m thinking about reducing my Gig price this January
  • I’m thinking about reducing my Gig price later this year

0voters

If you’re comfortable with it, please do comment about why you reduced/plan to reduce your price.

I want to raise mine again but don’t want them to disappear never to be seen again for a year like the last time I edited my gigs.

The last time I edited my gigs orders stopped except for repeat clients for a long time.

How many time max a month you recommend when you want to edit your gig?

How many time max a month you recommend when you want to edit your gig?

Me, I’d recommend editing “as often as needed but as seldom as possible”.

I want to raise mine again but don’t want them to disappear never to be seen again for a year like the last time I edited my gigs.

Well, yeah, that’s a good and an unfortunate reason to not edit gigs.

Me, I’d recommend editing “as often as needed but as seldom as possible”.

Well, yeah, that’s a good and an unfortunate reason to not edit gigs.

I think sometimes the edit lowers the gig ranking.

It all depends on how your gigs are doing in terms of impressions and sales. And one should make reasonable increment in the pricing even if they are excelling in their field because Fiverr has become a lot more competitive than it was a couple of years ago. Good luck everyone!

Infact, I am thinking to reduce my price a bit because I am with no levels at present. :man_facepalming:

Ah, my bad, I should have that as an option too. I’ll add a poll for that to the opening post where you can return to and vote. Thanks for your comment!

I would say that the very worst thing right now about the site is how we can’t edit our gigs without them being buried and remaining buried. My top gig was selling like crazy so I edited it and it was then gone, rarely getting a new client for almost an entire year. 😱

It just finally came back and again is getting tons of orders and I see how much I’ve lost from that. Never again will I edit a gig.

I have another gig I edited at the same time and it is still buried.

I would say that the very worst thing right now about the site is how we can’t edit our gigs without them being buried and remaining buried. My top gig was selling like crazy so I edited it and it was then gone, rarely getting a new client for almost an entire year. 😱

It just finally came back and again is getting tons of orders and I see how much I’ve lost from that. Never again will I edit a gig.

I have another gig I edited at the same time and it is still buried.

If that’s the norm and not some kind of exception and “bug”, I’d agree that it might well be the worst thing about the site. (Of course, it would be the worst thing in either case for people who are affected.)

What exactly did you edit in those two cases, just price or just description, images, …, or several things at once?

If that’s the norm and not some kind of exception and “bug”, I’d agree that it might well be the worst thing about the site. (Of course, it would be the worst thing in either case for people who are affected.)

What exactly did you edit in those two cases, just price or just description, images, …, or several things at once?

I don’t remember what it was. It wasn’t the prices. I removed a sentence I had but can’t remember it now. And I know I edited them, made them go live to see them then edited them a second time so maybe that was what did it, doing it twice in a row.

I don’t remember what it was. It wasn’t the prices. I removed a sentence I had but can’t remember it now. And I know I edited them, made them go live to see them then edited them a second time so maybe that was what did it, doing it twice in a row.

Good to know it wasn’t the prices in any case. Good luck with the still buried gig, may it rise like Phoenix from the ashes.

maybe that was what did it, doing it twice in a row.

Hm, perhaps that might cause some unintentional issue, who knows. I’ve had ooo mode on over Christmas and New Year’s too, the latter time, I wanted to add a day because I got sick, and it didn’t work, had to turn ooo off, then back on with the new return date but it didn’t register, and I ended up trying again after a while until it finally worked. “Doing something twice in a row” might somehow overexert the poor ones and zeros, idk.

The last time I edited my gigs orders stopped except for repeat clients for a long time.

Same happened with me. When i planned on increasing prices, i planned it to do in phases like increasing price for few selected gigs for which my costs increased during the year and then orders on those gigs declined. So, i delayed for the other gigs, still on hold.

I lowered mine $5 per package per gig in Dec. Seems to have helped some. Gig extras came down some too. If things get to taxing, I can re raise them

Same here, i knew December was gonna be low in work because of Christmas so i lowered it to 5$ and that worked for me, in fact i earned in December more than November. and i raised them again now to old price.

The problem may be that your “buried” gig is showing as active in your profile … but isn’t. This tool can check whether or not it’s active on the back end: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig

If it’s showing as inactive in the result, contact CS and ask them to sort it for you.

The problem may be that your “buried” gig is showing as active in your profile … but isn’t. This tool can check whether or not it’s active on the back end: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig

If it’s showing as inactive in the result, contact CS and ask them to sort it for you.

When my gig status is pending I always contact fiverr customer support department. It’s an effective idea.

Archived