Fiverr Community Forum

Poll: How is the COVID-19 impacting your sales?

Hey colleagues:

I have been experiencing slow sales since the virus started and I am curious to know the impact on our community, what a better way to know than having a poll.

• Sales are up
  • Sales are the same
  • Sales are slightly down
  • Sales are down

0 voters

8 Likes

If you said that you have less sales, why did you vote “sales are the same”? Lol

2 Likes

1000 things can explain why one’s sales have gone down on Fiverr. To assume we can attribute a change in sales to COVID it is illogical. Stores have ways of measuring these things. On Fiverr we don’t. There are too many factors out of our control to isolate causes for anything and we have no analytics to note or isolate causes anyway.

8 Likes

haha let me change my vote so the I won’t contradict myself

1 Like

But the cause is still the virus from a macro economic perspective.

1 Like

Voted, sales are down :disappointed_relieved:!

1 Like

I agree, i my case it’s mostly due to Fiverr algorithm changes if anything.

1 Like

You have no way to measure macro influence on Fiverr either.

Could it affect it? Absolutely. But we have no way to measure if that is actually happening. To assume a change in sales is due to something you can’t even measure and do so despite the presence of many other factors out of our control is illogical and unhelpful.

2 Likes

You can’t know that either because you don’t know what the algorithm is programmed to do. For all you know it could have always been programmed to shift people who meet certain criteria under a set of conditions and times.

A change in rank doesn’t mean a change in algorithm because an algorithm doesn’t mean this person goes on spot one and this one on spot 3.

2 Likes

there is slight changes in the sales because of Covid19

1 Like

This is basic data collecting or statistics.
for example you gather 1000 active sellers and have a poll, of most of them are having sales down from previous months than you can probably assume is because of the virus.
the algorithm doesn’t remove all the people from the search it gives chances to other people so that doesn’t have a very big influence on the poll.

this is the same as collecting sales numbers from a store.

1 Like

Or at least it gives you a idea about the impact of the virus i think it can be 80% accurate.

Exactly my point.

People have to assume things in order to fill out such a poll.

Survey results are meaningless if they ask people to draw baseless conclusions.

1 Like

I got youre point, youre saying the the tittle is miss leading them to assume it is because of the virus

That’s right. And it would also be incorrect to draw a conclusion from the results because there are so many different factors that influence the results, so we can’t isolate them, plus most of these factors are out of our control. Stores can measure that to an extent but we don’t have the tools to do that. It’s one of my grievances with Fiverr.

1 Like

I don’t want to answer a poll if it shows how I voted.

2 Likes

Yes. Now a Days Sales are Down . Its a Global Pandemic. I think this may Fix ASAP

1 Like

Well in my case it’s easy to know it’s the algorithm because I was on page 1 for 6 years, then a month after I had surgery and some cancellations related to that, my gigs disappeared from search…

What am I supposed to choose If I haven’t got any Customer yet?

Is 30% “slightly down” or “down”?

I expected much worse, though. I work with event promotion a lot (public gatherings) and those things are not happening now.

2 Likes