POLL: POLL: POLL - How long may be needed to reply to messages in "Available Now" feature

sultanraji

poll  

264 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it should be longer too because 10-15 minutes is still super fast to respond.
With my work people come to me with long first messages that sometimes may take 5 minutes to read and decipher alone and I don’t want to say to them, hold on while I read your message. That would be really silly. Of course if this arises, I’ll figure the right way to say it. I agree is what I’m saying.
Interesting about the spam messages, I guess we’ll see in the future, probably have people having to contact CS until they figure all the kinks out.

I think that 5 minutes is fair for this kind of system. After all, it is called “available now” and therefore means that in the “now” you are not doing anything too important to avoid answering.
Also, if you stumbled upon a 5 minutes read message, you can always send out a custom message, like "Hi {username}, thank you for contacting me. I am currently going trough your offer and I will get back to you as soon as possible."
Being a seller and a buyer here, I always appreciate this kind of reply.

I think that 5 minutes is fair for this kind of system. After all, it is called “available now” and therefore means that in the “now” you are not doing anything too important to avoid answering.

Also, if you stumbled upon a 5 minutes read message, you can always send out a custom message, like "Hi {username}, thank you for contacting me. I am currently going trough your offer and I will get back to you as soon as possible."

Being a seller and a buyer here, I always appreciate this kind of reply.

You may be busy with other buyers. Perhaps there come some messages at a time. What can be done then? I think it should be 10-15 minutes

They advice us to install the phone app so that we can answer on time, however when I got an order after turning the available now feature on, the phone notification showed that I got an order 1 minute ago, but when I checked the PC version it was showing that I got an order 6 minutes ago. So there is a delay of 5-6 minutes with the phone notification. I got lucky that the buyer did’t write any massage.

Guest offlinehelpers
On 9/14/2017 at 2:40 PM, clixess said:

They advice us to install the phone app so that we can answer on time, however when I got an order after turning the available now feature on, the phone notification showed that I got an order 1 minute ago, but when I checked the PC version it was showing that I got an order 6 minutes ago. So there is a delay of 5-6 minutes with the phone notification. I got lucky that the buyer did’t write any massage.

Similar problem for me - ah well, I suppose that’s why it’s a beta test! 😃

I messaged one of my old buyer at the time of “Available Now”. He replied just after I left that page and fiverr warned to penalize not responding the buyer within 5 minutes. I think it should not be with the old buyers with whom we already contacted earlier. Moreover I didn’t see the message before fiverr’s notification.

I think 5 minutes is very reasonable. The idea of this feature is to cater to instant gratification for the buyers, and also help out newer sellers who don’t have their toe in the water yet. If you have 30 jobs in the queue, you don’t need the extra attention. It’s high customer service not to make people wait to hear back from you.

I run a local business, and I assure you no one wants to wait 10-15 minutes for an answer to their question. This feature will help Fiverr deliver better customer service, helps buyers weed through a sea of gigs, and helps sellers who are between gigs. There are days 5 gigs in my queue are too many, others where I could use more gigs — I have some gigs that take 3 weeks to fulfill, others it takes 5 minutes. I know there are times I’ll need this feature, and right now I’m too busy (with my local business & 3 Fiverr gigs active) to use it. I’m OK with less people beating my door down because I’ve had to turn away some business over the summer.

I think 5 minutes is very reasonable. The idea of this feature is to cater to instant gratification for the buyers, and also help out newer sellers who don’t have their toe in the water yet. If you have 30 jobs in the queue, you don’t need the extra attention. It’s high customer service not to make people wait to hear back from you.

I run a local business, and I assure you no one wants to wait 10-15 minutes for an answer to their question. This feature will help Fiverr deliver better customer service, helps buyers weed through a sea of gigs, and helps sellers who are between gigs. There are days 5 gigs in my queue are too many, others where I could use more gigs — I have some gigs that take 3 weeks to fulfill, others it takes 5 minutes. I know there are times I’ll need this feature, and right now I’m too busy (with my local business & 3 Fiverr gigs active) to use it. I’m OK with less people beating my door down because I’ve had to turn away some business over the summer.

It also means that if by chance something unexpected holds you up in the washroom, phone call, or wherever - you get penalized, for lack of a better term. Online is substantially different than a physical local business - and reality is that many reputable businesses and companies put potential buyers on hold. Online work doesn’t = robot.

In my opinion 10 - 15 is reasonable. If the buyer doesn’t have enough patience to wait a few extra minutes, which might be well worth their while, they can direct their inquiries to another seller.

This is just overall feedback for available now -

1. I am banned for 1 month. Why one month? I didn’t respond immediately, one time I responded within 6 minutes not 5, and the next 23 minutes later and I got banned for 1 month. It should be fast response within an hour or so.

2. The person I was talking to was not an “available now” message, it was an ongoing conversation which is why I did not respond right away to this message I saw on my phone, because they said they will send me a document. So I didn’t reply, this conversation was over a day old back and forth, but yet I got banned for not responding right away because the “Available Now” feature did not detect this! This was not a new prospective client.

3. NO WARNING - there is no warning. After the first message, which I replied to 1 minute late, within 6 minutes, there was no warning. Second time, after 23 minutes to my old client, i immediately got banned no prior warning.

If you failed 3times to response your client within 5minutes you not eligible to use Available Now for 30days.
Learn more from this discussions 🙂
favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

AVAILABLE NOW feature on BETA version

That’s awesome now on Fiverr we have “AVAILABLE NOW” feature and buyers can find us easily. So be careful and use it only when you’re available that’s important for you ? I LIKE THAT !!! Mod Note: Here is the Video about the feature:

Reading time: 35 mins ? Likes: 858 ❤

Blocked From AVAILABLE NOW!
Since you violated the terms of AVAILABLE NOW, your status will be blocked until next month.

“AVAILABLE NOW” feature is blocked now on my account but problem is because I not replied within 5 minutes to of my clients and he wasn’t new client we were discussing.

That feature need to work only when new customer contact us for first time because if that’s work on this way if customer send “Bye for now” we need to reply “Bye and have a nice day” and he will reply “Thank you” and on this way we will waste our time replying every time he reply and we can’t stop conversations with customers never.

So I want my feature to be unlocked because that’s not my fault and I respected feature.

Note* I understand concept of this feature but I’m attempting to help Fiverr to improve that because that’s great feature but we can’t lose jobs because there have bugs.

Also I’m interested to know if other Fiverr users agree with my post and if I’m wrong sorry 😦

Thank you 🙂

I agree with part of your post. 🙂
Feature should be improved as this is the biggest problem of it. 😉 But that is why it’s in beta stage now. 😉
So the part of the message where you wrote that you “want!” to be unlocked and that you can’t lose jobs because of bugs, this is where I don’t agree at all. 😉 You can’t demand something like that, you should be lucky you were lucky and were chosen for beta testing in the first place as most of sellers didn’t got a change yet. So you’re not loosing business, but you got it because of it. 😉

I just loved this feature, the way it is now.

It is right that we should reply with in 5 minuted to every customer, as some are regular customers and have our gig in favorites. they know we are available and we should be replying to them in 5 minutes.

In case there is conversation going on, that means we are busy and should turn it off.

we can have 5 jobs in the feature and other jos and orders are not included in it

Archived