Fiverr Community Forum

POLL! Tell us how you feel about people announcing on the forum when they move up a level!

• I like to see people announce it on the forum when they move up a level
  • I don’t like to see people announce it on the forum when they move up a level
  • I don’t have an opinion either way

0 voters

9 Likes

I hope the forum redesign addresses this. I don’t mind them doing it, but I don’t like seeing it.

9 Likes

So as long as it’s not visible it’s fine. I’m with you on that. Let’s see how others feel.

9 Likes

I think it’s fine but that it would be better if there was a separate section or thread for it, like:

:balloon: Celebrate your first oder/tip/level/… here!” :balloon:

17 Likes

People are moving up and down all the time. It’s a bit boring to have to see people announcing it just like it was boring when people announced they made a sale, That has mercifully mostly died out.

Things that are just a normal routine that everyone experiences on the site don’t seem like a cause for celebration except maybe have a beer or a nice meal if you feel like celebrating but don’t make us all see that you did something everyone else does too like it’s a special event.

Give us all a break.

7 Likes

Well, I did vote “I like it” because, generally, I do. It shows that people do level up, they are enthusiastic, especially if it’s a big thing to them, and they want to express that.

Of course, it’s somewhat boring for people who visit the forum often and since long, so I think the solution of a dedicated thread/category would benefit everyone.

13 Likes

Not on the main page. Or at least not mixed with everything else. If it were something like this it wouldn’t be so bad:
Untitled

6 Likes

I don’t mind them, as I know some people are excited about their successes, and it’s easy to forget that we all were new at some point. We operate as a couple, so we get to share our success with each other, but I can understand why some people working solo, and perhaps without anyone to share their success with, might wish to come here instead.

That being said, I find the participation badge posts in general to be pretty tiresome. “I just completed my fourth order with a 5-star review” etc etc… They clog up the forum, along with the constant “why can’t I get any orders?” posts.

I’d love to see a version of the forum where we can ‘mute’ certain parts. The ‘My Fiverr Gigs’ category is one that I just don’t have any interest in, and would gladly mute, perhaps unmuting once in a while if I want to go in and offer some people some help for example.

6 Likes

I’ve only ever been on one other BIG forum, and it was so well set-up, the infrastructure and layout etc. that I didn’t know how good is was until I came here.

6 Likes

Well this is mostly a place to get some information or ask questions. It serves the purpose.

4 Likes

You can do that already, mute categories, or did I misunderstand something? I have two categories muted since long (MFG and IMG), so I only see posts in those categories when I look at the forum while not being logged in.
Thus, if that kind of posts had its own category, people who don’t want to see those posts, could mute it.

3 Likes

You can mute categories, but with this one (My Fiverr Experience) I rather leave it on as there are some interesting topics from time to time. The problem, which I think will be addressed with the redesign, is the categories are too broad.

3 Likes

Personally I don’t like and wouldn’t do it myself, but when I joined Fiverr I was a freelancer for over 6 years already, things get stale…some people are really new to freelancing and it’s nice to see them excited about building up their business/brand.

So I’d be against not having a place for them to share our small victories. If we have a place to rant, why not a place to celebrate?

3 Likes

Special events subcategories:

1. I made my first sale
  2. I made it to level 1
  3. I made it to level 2
  4. I made it to top rated seller
  5. I made $1000 so far
  6. I made 5 sales
  7. I made $50

Have a button to push that automatically says “congratulations” as a reply.

And since we have the happy categories why not have the unhappy ones too?

1. My account got banned
  2. I got a warning
  3. I got a bad review
  4. I had a chargeback
  5. fiverr always favors the buyer
  6. my gigs moved down in rank
  7. my gig got removed

Have a button to push to post your seller ID in that category when it happens.

5 Likes

Did not know this! Will go and have a look now!

2 Likes

bUt I gOt LeVeL tWo AgAiN, yOu DoN’t WaNt To CeLeBrAtE wItH mE???

11 Likes

Found the mute option!!

1 Like

there must be more constructive discusions in forums, i think, its futile to show one,s sale and getting level up.

2 Likes

Of course we do dear. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Posting the level up announcement, It can inspire the newcomer.

2 Likes