POLL! Tell us how you feel about people announcing on the forum when they move up a level!

misscrystal

poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• I like to see people announce it on the forum when they move up a level
    • I don’t like to see people announce it on the forum when they move up a level
    • I don’t have an opinion either way

People are moving up and down all the time. It’s a bit boring to have to see people announcing it just like it was boring when people announced they made a sale, That has mercifully mostly died out.

Things that are just a normal routine that everyone experiences on the site don’t seem like a cause for celebration except maybe have a beer or a nice meal if you feel like celebrating but don’t make us all see that you did something everyone else does too like it’s a special event.

Give us all a break.

Well, I did vote “I like it” because, generally, I do. It shows that people do level up, they are enthusiastic, especially if it’s a big thing to them, and they want to express that.

Of course, it’s somewhat boring for people who visit the forum often and since long, so I think the solution of a dedicated thread/category would benefit everyone.

I don’t mind them, as I know some people are excited about their successes, and it’s easy to forget that we all were new at some point. We operate as a couple, so we get to share our success with each other, but I can understand why some people working solo, and perhaps without anyone to share their success with, might wish to come here instead.

That being said, I find the participation badge posts in general to be pretty tiresome. “I just completed my fourth order with a 5-star review” etc etc… They clog up the forum, along with the constant “why can’t I get any orders?” posts.

I’d love to see a version of the forum where we can ‘mute’ certain parts. The ‘My Fiverr Gigs’ category is one that I just don’t have any interest in, and would gladly mute, perhaps unmuting once in a while if I want to go in and offer some people some help for example.

I don’t mind them, as I know some people are excited about their successes, and it’s easy to forget that we all were new at some point. We operate as a couple, so we get to share our success with each other, but I can understand why some people working solo, and perhaps without anyone to share their success with, might wish to come here instead.

That being said, I find the participation badge posts in general to be pretty tiresome. “I just completed my fourth order with a 5-star review” etc etc… They clog up the forum, along with the constant “why can’t I get any orders?” posts.

I’d love to see a version of the forum where we can ‘mute’ certain parts. The ‘My Fiverr Gigs’ category is one that I just don’t have any interest in, and would gladly mute, perhaps unmuting once in a while if I want to go in and offer some people some help for example.

You can do that already, mute categories, or did I misunderstand something? I have two categories muted since long (MFG and IMG), so I only see posts in those categories when I look at the forum while not being logged in.

Thus, if that kind of posts had its own category, people who don’t want to see those posts, could mute it.

Special events subcategories:

1. I made my first sale
  2. I made it to level 1
  3. I made it to level 2
  4. I made it to top rated seller
  5. I made $1000 so far
  6. I made 5 sales
  7. I made $50

Have a button to push that automatically says “congratulations” as a reply.

And since we have the happy categories why not have the unhappy ones too?

1. My account got banned
  2. I got a warning
  3. I got a bad review
  4. I had a chargeback
  5. fiverr always favors the buyer
  6. my gigs moved down in rank
  7. my gig got removed

Have a button to push to post your seller ID in that category when it happens.

You can do that already, mute categories, or did I misunderstand something? I have two categories muted since long (MFG and IMG), so I only see posts in those categories when I look at the forum while not being logged in.

Thus, if that kind of posts had its own category, people who don’t want to see those posts, could mute it.

You can do that already, mute categories

Did not know this! Will go and have a look now!

bUt I gOt LeVeL tWo AgAiN, yOu DoN’t WaNt To CeLeBrAtE wItH mE???

C3LeBr4tE with a show-off like you who lost his levels on purpose, just so he can post about gaining them back all over again?

On the other hand, if the Guiness is on you… which begs the question, what would support say if we asked if it’s okay to meet you at a pub not too close to your place if we promise to not exchange phone numbers, emails or anything the like… and now I wonder how many pints of Guiness a local pub can supply and if it would be enough for all forum participants, or if you better try to get a Guiness factory to sponsor and host your celebration.

ETA: 😉 (just in case)

bUt I gOt LeVeL tWo AgAiN, yOu DoN’t WaNt To CeLeBrAtE wItH mE???

Of course we do dear. 🤮

Of course we do dear. 🤮

Oh good, I appreciate it brother.

how many pints of Guiness a local pub can supply and if it would be enough for all forum participants, or if you better try to get a Guiness factory to sponsor and host your celebration.

Don’t worry, seeing as none of you came to my Level 1 coronation, I have lots left over for this time!

image.thumb.jpg.73698edc0d777355d1397e5cf8bf7d6b.jpg
image2121×1414 453 KB

Of course we do dear. 🤮

how many pints of Guiness a local pub can supply and if it would be enough for all forum participants, or if you better try to get a Guiness factory to sponsor and host your celebration.

Don’t worry, seeing as none of you came to my Level 1 coronation, I have lots left over for this time!

🧐

A butt approximately equated to 108 imperial gallons (130 US gallons; 491 litres; 5 hectolitres) for ale or 126 imperial gallons (151 US gallons; 573 litres; 6 hectolitres)

126 imperial gallons (according to Wiki, 127 according to the sign, but it says approximately, so that’s fine) of dark side beer, sounds okay (you could even invite some Storm Troopers if they happen to show up at your celebration).

Hmm … it says 108 for ale actually and the 126 was for wine according to the Wiki, but perhaps Guiness gets a special lucky number or something …

Of course we do dear. 🤮

I’ll pray for you. With a hangover live that, you’ll need it. 😉

Archived