Fiverr Community Forum

Poor English or a scam attempt?

I seriously can’t tell. I get uneasy when they insist that I have to download something and get all I ever wanted.

7 Likes

Can be either, can’t tell for now. Generally though, I have a bad vibe on this.

3 Likes

Pixel drain looks pretty genuine to me. They can definitely attach it to the message but there shouldn’t be anything wrong with the link

1 Like

Suspicious at least. :thinking: They can not attach type of the photo…

Occam’s razor, if you are uneasy now you may consider to refuse such a job.

2 Likes

The phrase “I will give you all you want” is interesting. I assume they are meaning money, in which case we all know that scammers ALWAYS try and appeal to people’s greed. This is how most phishing attacks work.

Also, if a buyer “doesn’t know” how to attach a photo and wants to point you to an external site, then it doesn’t bode well.

In fairness, the message chain doesn’t look too sketchy.

4 Likes

This in particular can mean that someone’s trying to send me nudes. :slight_smile: It’s not like it hasn’t happened before.

3 Likes

Even it it’s not a scammer, based on this initial message, do you want to work with them and talk to this individual for a few days straight?

If the answer is no, price accordingly.

If your fee is $50, quote them $150.

Add padding for the increased risk on your end that comes along with bad communicators.

Or just flat out refuse the offer.

8 Likes

They could take a screenshot and attach it.

Even if this wasn’t a scam it’s unreasonable and entitled of someone to expect you to do this.

2 Likes

Pixel drain is geniune, but yeah i agree with you he should’ve attach the image on the fiverr convo

2 Likes

Oh, our interaction is over. They went to look for the paperclip and I haven’t heard from them since. But getting all I want was very tempting.

I never heard of pixeldrain before. Now I know it’s a thing.

Technically, there could be brand assets in that archive (previous designs with source files, videos, brand books, etc.). Which is why it weighed a ton and couldn’t be attached to the message due to size limitations. But in that case, the person has a truly special gift of sounding sketchy without meaning to.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Makes me recall when we were in complete lockdown (corona) and all I wanted was to buy paperclips, but couldn’t (tragic story-no?).

2 Likes