Porftolio (website)

sincola98

No sorry. There are a few websites allowed but a general Wordpress website is not one of the types of sites you can mention.

No sorry. There are a few websites allowed but a general Wordpress website is not one of the types of sites you can mention.

Are you being sarcastic?

Guest offlinehelpers

Are you being sarcastic?

Why would @misscrystal be sarcastic?

Here’s the link of allowed links:

@offlinehelpers The way she structured her sentence implied that sites made on WordPress are not allowed 😂

What about including an URL of my website that redirects to one of the allowed domains?

Guest offlinehelpers

@offlinehelpers The way she structured her sentence implied that sites made on WordPress are not allowed 😂

What about including an URL of my website that redirects to one of the allowed domains?

Wordpress sites are NOT allowed - @misscrystal was absolutely spot on.

Why bother using a redirect - just link directly to one of the allowed sites.

From the link above:

Note: If you use a URL, which is not in the above list, it will be removed from your profile. If used in your Gig, it will be denied. Repetitive violations may cause an account to be restricted.

From the link above:

Note: If you use a URL, which is not in the above list, it will be removed from your profile. If used in your Gig, it will be denied. Repetitive violations may cause an account to be restricted.

@misscrystal was right in a way because none of the websites on the “allowed” list are WordPress sites, but that’s not the criteria they used when compiling that list so it wouldn’t be quite right to frame it in that way.

I was thinking of creating a domain containing my own name or my Fiverr username, which I think would make a better impression on the potential buyer.

What about buyer requests – are we allowed to include other URLs in the offers we send?

Guest offlinehelpers

@misscrystal was right in a way because none of the websites on the “allowed” list are WordPress sites, but that’s not the criteria they used when compiling that list so it wouldn’t be quite right to frame it in that way.

I was thinking of creating a domain containing my own name or my Fiverr username, which I think would make a better impression on the potential buyer.

What about buyer requests – are we allowed to include other URLs in the offers we send?

I feel as if you’re not listening here.

Let’s try again - you have a domain name, you install Wordpress on it.

Is your domain name, with Wordpress installed on Fiverr’s list of approved sites? No, it isn’t, so you’re not allowed to link to it from your portfolio or gig. How much clearer can it be?

Please don’t try to get cute with anything that breaks Fiverr’s rules - they will catch you, and they will suspend you.

Good luck!

Hello. I created a website on Wordpress, which shows my designs, actually my portfolio.

So, can I broke any rule?

I want to know, can I place the link of the website in the offer, when I’m sending it in BuyerRequest Section, so buyers can see my work in the past?

Hello. I created a website on Wordpress, which shows my designs, actually my portfolio. So, can I broke any rule?I want to know, can I place the link of the website in the offer

No you can’t. I’m not being sarcastic.

I feel as if you’re not listening here.

Let’s try again - you have a domain name, you install Wordpress on it.

Is your domain name, with Wordpress installed on Fiverr’s list of approved sites? No, it isn’t, so you’re not allowed to link to it from your portfolio or gig. How much clearer can it be?

Please don’t try to get cute with anything that breaks Fiverr’s rules - they will catch you, and they will suspend you.

Good luck!

Why do you keep mentioning WordPress? Even if I install Joomla or any other CMS – or even no CMS at all – the site will still not be approved because it is not on the list. The list doesn’t consider WordPress at all. That’s my point – the WordPress part in your reply and in @misscrystal’s reply is redundant.

Please don’t try to get cute […]

I think professional is a more fitting word. Unless you’re referring to my profile picture, of course. 😊

Guest offlinehelpers

Why do you keep mentioning WordPress? Even if I install Joomla or any other CMS – or even no CMS at all – the site will still not be approved because it is not on the list. The list doesn’t consider WordPress at all. That’s my point – the WordPress part in your reply and in @misscrystal’s reply is redundant.

Please don’t try to get cute […]

I think professional is a more fitting word. Unless you’re referring to my profile picture, of course. 😊

There’s professional and there’s breaking Fiverr rules - if you try to redirect to any URL (regardless of the CMS) and it’s not on their list of approved sites, you’re breaking the rules, whether it’s in a message, on your gig, on your profile or in answering a buyer request.

I’m only trying to help you so you don’t break Fiverr’s rules and risk your account.

If you want to break the rules, then please do go ahead.

Please see this list again […]

Maybe you’re thinking of websites hosted at Wordpress.com? E.g. offlinehelpers.wordpress.com

In that case, you make sense, but WordPress sites can also be hosted elsewhere and NOT end with .wordpress.com. For example, @alinam1’s website uses WordPress and the URL is alinam1.com

There’s professional and there’s breaking Fiverr rules - if you try to redirect to any URL (regardless of the CMS) and it’s not on their list of approved sites, you’re breaking the rules, whether it’s in a message, on your gig, on your profile or in answering a buyer request.

I’m only trying to help you so you don’t break Fiverr’s rules and risk your account.

Thanks for the info. Can you refer to an official Fiverr page that says that sending external URLs, that are not on the allowed sites list, via offers to buyers’ requests is also against the rules?

I am not trying to break any rules. I’m just asking questions and pointing out that your mention of WordPress is redundant.

Guest offlinehelpers

Thanks for the info. Can you refer to an official Fiverr page that says that sending external URLs, that are not on the allowed sites list, via offers to buyers’ requests is also against the rules?

I am not trying to break any rules. I’m just asking questions and pointing out that your mention of WordPress is redundant.

It was the OP who mentioned Wordpress, you responded to a comment about Wordpress - hence the mentions of Wordpress.

I’ve givien you the list of the only allowed external URLs twice now, but I’ll copy and paste them for you below - they also apply to anywhere else on Fiverr including buyer requests, which are treated just like gigs. If you don’t believe us for some reason, please do contact CS.

WHAT URLS CAN I USE IN MY PROFILE OR GIG DESCRIPTION?

The following URLs may be used in your profile or Gig description:

ammyy.com

favicon-32x32.pngblogger.com img/social/facebook-1200x630.jpg

Blogger.com - Create a unique and beautiful blog. It’s easy and free.

Publish your passions your way. Whether you’d like to share your knowledge, experiences or the latest news, create a unique and beautiful blog for free.

dafont.com

android-icon-36x36.png.vf806ca4ed0deed812Dailymotion dailymotion-logo-ogtag.png.v2779e025da411e7f2

Videos that you actually want to watch - Dailymotion

In Explore, you can discover and watch new music, news, sports, and trailers from Dailymotion's best creators, brands, and Channels

favicon.icoFlickr

15118079089_489aa62638_b.jpg

Flickr, a Yahoo company

Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. Show off your favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to your friends and family, or blog the photos and videos you...

mixcloud.com

favicon-32x32.pngReverbNation

rn-logo_1200x630.png

ReverbNation : Artists First

ReverbNation helps Artists grow lasting careers by introducing them to industry partners, exposing them to fans, and building innovative tools to promote their success.

soundcloud.com

favicon.icoTeamViewer

The #1 Choice in Remote Desktop Access and Support | TeamViewer

Connect to remote computers, provide remote support, and collaborate online with TeamViewer, the world leader in remote desktop access and support.

tumblr.com

favicon.icovimeo.com

logo.png

Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads

Join the web’s most supportive community of creators and get high-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD and 4K with no ads.

favicon.icowetransfer.com wt-facebook-568be8def5a86a09cedeb21b8f24cb208e86515a552bd07d856c7d5dfc6a23df.png

WeTransfer

WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world

wikipedia.org

WikipediaThe Free Encyclopedia

This page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike LicenseTerms of UsePrivacy Policy

wordcount.com

youtube.com

In addition to what @offlinehelpers said, sellers have complained about their gigs being removed though the only URLs were from the list. I’m not sure whether someone also received an official warning for that.

On top of that, buyers have complained that their requests were repeatedly rejected, and it turned out that it was because they had a URL in it.

If you want to be sure, it’s best to contact Customer Support and ask them.

Right I’m giving up now - please just read the list of allowed URLS - good luck!

Right I’m giving up now - please just read the list of allowed URLS - good luck!

I do hope so - I’m losing the will to live!

My point is that, let’s say, Soundcloud (which is in the allowed sites list) decides to use WordPress, it will be still allowed. The CMS is irrelevant. That’s all I said.

[…] including buyer requests, which are treated just like gigs […]

The support article doesn’t mention buyer requests nor does it say that gigs are considered equal to buyer requests.

Guest offlinehelpers

I do hope so - I’m losing the will to live!

Before the mods close this thread, I have to sneak something in here!

😆

You fought a great battle offline!

I shall 🙏 for you!!

Thank you Gina - it’s like hitting your head off a brick wall - it’s nice when you stop!

Is there an emoji for someone with their fingers in their ears? 😉

Archived