Porkchops saved my life. (A sort of funny story, and a happy ending)

caiterz

Kind of.

As some of you know… I’m on fiverr mostly due to not being able to work due to an undiagnosed health issue…

Why Porkchops? What does this have to do with that? you may ask…

Because -I- figured out what was wrong with me.

After 2 years of nothing from the doctors. (and my life savings out the window…) Tears

2 years of "Its your heart, no it’s your lungs, no it’s sleep apnea, no it’s blood pressure, no it’s ALL. IN. YOUR. HEAD. SEEK. MENTAL. HELP."

What was wrong with me?

Tomatoes. And Tomato products.

How did I figure this out? You may ask…

Well, Daniel (My fiancee) is in LOVE with hamburgers. He wants hamburgers EVERY DAY. Home made hamburgers. Usually, I say “No, let’s have something different. Maybe hamburger helper, Lets switch it up, SOMETHING DIFFERENT, PLEASE!” lol.

Well, about 2 weeks ago I was feeling particularly bad, and didnt feel like arguing… So Daniel had hamburgers everyday for an entire week straight… and he felt bad because I dont like hamburgers so much…

I recently discovered Spicy Buffalo Shake N Bake!!

<3

I put it on some porkchops daniel bought me that day, because we don’t have any chicken. (We rarely have any meat besides hamburger around)

So, I eat them, and they are amazing!

So the next day… He gets hamburgers… and he decides to buy me more porkchops… since i liked it so much… and this continues for a whole week. (which is fine by me, since i dont have to buy supper LOL - AND- I love porkchops.)

I noticed something… I’d been feeling really good. Abnormally good. Disturbingly good. I thought about what we had to eat this week. Porkchops. Hmmm…

I decide to wander over to the hospital (believe me, this is never a happy thing to go to the hospital :/)

I ask for a copy of my Upper GI results (a test I demanded my doctor do, even though he said there was nothing wrong with my upper GI, and that it was all in my head, and that i needed counseling)

I Pooped myself when i saw the results.

Hiatal Hernia and possible other GI issue (Such as GERD)

I decide to do some research, for that is what Caits do when they find something new out…

“Dont eat citrus foods. This includes tomatoes” they advise for GERD.

HUH, What did I NOT EAT THE ENTIRE WEEK?

TOMATOES!

SO i do a test… this past week and a half… I eat no tomato products. No ketchup, no pizza sauce, no tomato sauce, nothing citrus-y outside of Cranberry Apple Juice.

No chest pains.

They’re gone. 100%.

I’ve never went more than ~20 hours without a chest pain before.

Tomatoes caused me SO much pain and frustration the past 2 years… And none of the BLOODY Doctors even suggested it was a food irritation!

</emoragequit doctors forever>

Daniel says I’ve been in the most awesome, random, hilarious, fun mood the past week… in contrast to my depressing BAH HUMBUG TO EVERYTHING mood… and He’s been extra happy as well…

So, I just thought I would share… That if you have chest pains… Stop eating tomatoes.

It could save your life. :3

runs away frolicking in the fields of non pain :bz :D/

So… all those hamburgers with ketchup… glad you got rid of the tomatoes and not Daniel! He was sweet to get you pork chops for a week. Have you considered a cook book for Christmas for him? :))

Glad you figured it out. Keeping a diary of foods can solve lots of food issues and like OBG said, lots of things correlate to how we eat. When I eat healthy, I feel healthy. But… we sometimes dont know what we are allergic to or what we could be reacting to.

Glad you figured it out. Mmmmmm… pork chops!

Im mostly okay now. Im still a bit of an emotional wreck… but it gets better every day :3

It was literally debilitating… I couldnt work, i cried all the time, I thought i was going to die… Sometimes didnt leave the couch/bed for days…

But the past week… Im up, and it’s like spring cleaning came early this year LOL. <3

Looking forward to playing some Xbox Kinect. I havent been able to play it because of the chest pains yet! 😃

Im mostly okay now. Im still a bit of an emotional wreck… but it gets better every day :3

It was literally debilitating… I couldnt work, i cried all the time, I thought i was going to die… Sometimes didnt leave the couch/bed for days…

But the past week… Im up, and it’s like spring cleaning came early this year LOL. <3

Looking forward to playing some Xbox Kinect. I havent been able to play it because of the chest pains yet! 😃

Archived