Possible Scam? Anyone get this?

krystinvictoria

Hey y’all…does anyone else receive messages like the one pasted below? So far I’ve gotten 2 identical messages from different buyers but with an intro like this…I’m fairly new to using Fiverr, but something about this just screams spam to me. I ***'ed out the name and the ■■■■■ address just in case I’m wrong.

So far I’ve marked both messages as spam just in case, but if this is how it’s supposed to be, then at least I’ll know for next time.

TIA y’all!

“Hello, I’d like to invite you to apply for an open job position of an Accounting Administrative Assistant/Data Entry position. We believe you are capable of handling the position due to your profile and you have been selected for an online interview and job briefing.
You are to log on to ■■■■■.com to setup an account if you don’t have one, once done with the account setup you are to contact the hiring manager Mr. ********* with the with the following live ID: ********** via ■■■■■ web or ■■■■■ App for the commencement of your interview session and job briefing, Thank you!”

Hi Krystin and welcome to the forum.

Most likely a scam, yes, and in any case, one of Fiverr’s major rules, one of those that you can lose your account over, is that all communication has to stay on Fiverr, no exchange of contact info unless necessary for a gig (say you design calling cards, obviously you need the email of the customer if that’s going to be on it but still that email is not to be used for anything else).

Especially as long as you’re still new, unfortunately, you’ll probably get quite a few spam/scam messages, as new people generally are a better target.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived