Possible scam-SIA Engineering

angelfellers

• 1 month later...

I’m doing an interview with them as I speak. I responded to an ad with subsea global for position in miami, fl and they reached out to me. I don’t know if the companies are really related. I received a text message from a Bessie Hunter of SIA engineering for an interview. The interview took place over google hangouts and seemed pretty fishy. Some of the grammar was off. They’re asking me to purchase all working software with a check that’s being sent to my home. They’re also providing a laptop to work on. Apparently it’s a work from home type gig with a hefty pay. I was told that I would be an actual employee and not a contracted one. There also was a huge discrepancy in what the pay would be. Indeed read 16 to 19 hour. I was told I’d receive 39.84 per hour, 27.00 per hour while training. I was asked a questionaire which I believe was ignored as one of my responses asked for one thing and the person I spoke with said another…as if it were already pre-typed. I don’t know I’ll let you guys know whats going on as it happens

I’m doing an interview with them as I speak. I responded to an ad with subsea global for position in miami, fl and they reached out to me. I don’t know if the companies are really related. I received a text message from a Bessie Hunter of SIA engineering for an interview. The interview took place over google hangouts and seemed pretty fishy. Some of the grammar was off. They’re asking me to purchase all working software with a check that’s being sent to my home. They’re also providing a laptop to work on. Apparently it’s a work from home type gig with a hefty pay. I was told that I would be an actual employee and not a contracted one. There also was a huge discrepancy in what the pay would be. Indeed read 16 to 19 hour. I was told I’d receive 39.84 per hour, 27.00 per hour while training. I was asked a questionaire which I believe was ignored as one of my responses asked for one thing and the person I spoke with said another…as if it were already pre-typed. I don’t know I’ll let you guys know whats going on as it happens

They’re supposedly sending out an official employment letter via email.

Guest offlinehelpers

Please - be very careful with this - the company called SIA engineering does not have a location in Miami.

They’re asking me to purchase all working software with a check that’s being sent to my home.

Seriously? What reputable multi-national would ask you do do this.

Bessie Hunter of SIA engineering

Doesn’t exist.

It’s a scam!

Archived