Posting a feedback review of buyers in response to their review

hanshuber16

Question

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing okay. 🙂

So here’s the question.

After completion of an order and after a buyer posts a review, we get the opportunity to respond to it by posting a feedback review of our own, of the buyer. Right?

While doing that, is it safe to mention the kind of work that I did for the buyer (paying attention not to divulge any personal info. of the buyer or the order)?

For example, in my case, since I proofread/edit/format documents and manuscripts, can I be like-

“Thanks for the order. It was such a pleasure working on your YA novel of 150K words.”

Thanks in advance for the replies (if any 😉 ).

AJ (hanshuber16).

19 answers to this question

Yes, I understand your point.

Also, there is this question of how much info is too much? Is mentioning “YA novel of 150K words” already too much info about the order? hmm… pretty tricky stuff tbh… cuz it all depends on the buyer (I am sure there are buyers out there who are “gucci”, “A-OKAY” with mentioning it in my review… while I bet there are others who will be like “how dare you… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: …”)

I don’t even get the point of reviewing most buyers. Is there any benefit for the buyer from it? They don’t seem to have a buyer rating. Seller saying “Thank you” in their review seems like waste of time only. Seems to be useful only if wanting to give the seller’s side of the story.

I agree.

Fairness would be for the buyer’s reviews - and seller’s responses to be visible on the buyer’s page as well… as well as cancellations initiated by the buyer.

That way we’d have some insight into the buyer, their expectations and what types of work deliveries they are happy with. It may also serve as a deterant for the buyer to have some accountability, like sellers do.

It may help avoid potential conflict, to have some background.

We can also see if the buyer tends to cancel a lot (after delivery) or is quick to leave a not so great review.

Well, what you say is right. But I was going for a YIN and YANG ☯️ approach by balancing out “self-promotion” with genuine gratitude (which I really have) and appreciation 🙂

But I’ve scrapped that idea for now… imma just stick to buyer gratitude for now 😉

Thanks for the wonderful feedback everyone! 💕

Also, there is this question of how much info is too much? Is mentioning “YA novel of 150K words” already too much info about the order? hmm… pretty tricky stuff tbh… cuz it all depends on the buyer (I am sure there are buyers out there who are “gucci”, “A-OKAY” with mentioning it in my review… while I bet there are others who will be like “how dare you… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: …”)

Is mentioning “YA novel of 150K words” already too much info about the order?

Yes, because instead of showing your gratitude towards the buyer, you make it all about you by turning it into self promotion. Everybody feels what you are actually trying to say there. It’s “Hey, look what great job I just did. Send me your order!”

I don’t even get the point of reviewing most buyers. Is there any benefit for the buyer from it? They don’t seem to have a buyer rating. Seller saying “Thank you” in their review seems like waste of time only. Seems to be useful only if wanting to give the seller’s side of the story.

Is there any benefit for the buyer from it?

No, there is benefit for you because a with a well formulated reply you show that you care about your buyers, what will reflect back on you in a positive way.

Shortened version - bad idea, buyer privacy etc.

So, would you agree that it would make sense to first contact the buyer and ask them if I could mention xyz details about the order (in my buyer review)?

So, would you agree that it would make sense to first contact the buyer and ask them if I could mention xyz details about the order (in my buyer review)?

AJ, personally, I wouldn’t go out of my way to ask a Buyer if I can include XYZ in a review. It’s extra wasted time. Keep it short and sweet, I don’t think it would hurt to say something like “It was a pleasure proofreading your 10K words document” so that way potential clients can get a glimpse of your range. 😉

As in no project is too BIG or small.

Well, it shows you’re an ace at communicating. 😃 Also, it’s just common courtesy!

Guest offlinehelpers

hmm… Fair enough 🙂 Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

You’re welcome - have a smashing day! 🌞

Guest offlinehelpers

Also, there is this question of how much info is too much?

Don’t see why you need to say more than ‘Thank you, it was a pleasure’ or something like that to be honest. Any more is giving away too much about the buyer’s purchase, which is none of anybody else’s business really. 🙂

I’d say no - if I were a buyer of yours I really wouldn’t want the details of my order discussed publicly, and might take badly to being asked for permission.

As a potential buyer I’m not sure I’d want to buy from a seller who was seen to discuss his buyers’ orders in the feedback section. Loose lips etc. 😉

But all of that’s just me! 🙂

Yeah you have point there…I agree too.

Guest offlinehelpers

I’d say no - if I were a buyer of yours I really wouldn’t want the details of my order discussed publicly, and might take badly to being asked for permission.

As a potential buyer I’m not sure I’d want to buy from a seller who was seen to discuss his buyers’ orders in the feedback section. Loose lips etc. 😉

But all of that’s just me! 🙂

Good morning! ☀️

That very thing was discussed before - have a wee look here:

You want to take any opportunity you can to show your expertise. One way to do that is through leaving the buyer a review. When the buyer reviews you, you then have the chance to leave them a rating and some comments. You can use those comments to highlight the service you provided and the topic you covered, together with any other relevant points. These buyer reviews show up in your gigs so if a prospective buyer is browsing gigs, they scroll down to reviews and see you’ve covered a similar to…

Seems to be useful only if wanting to give the seller’s side of the story.

Never had to do that, but I can see how it would be useful if there were a negative to discuss.

Seller saying “Thank you” in their review seems like waste of time only.

Or you could seem like a well-mannered seller who is seen to appreciate their buyers who have left a positive feedback? Also, a good way for a buyer to see that your English skills are what they are claimed to be, on a day-to-day basis - not just on the profile or gig descriptions. ☀️

Good point! I did thank every buyer, but then I started to think what is the point? They don’t see my response and they don’t get stars either. Only other buyers would see my thanks. But yes, longer thank you messages would be a good idea to show such skills 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

Seems to be useful only if wanting to give the seller’s side of the story.

Never had to do that, but I can see how it would be useful if there were a negative to discuss.

Seller saying “Thank you” in their review seems like waste of time only.

Or you could seem like a well-mannered seller who is seen to appreciate their buyers who have left a positive feedback? Also, a good way for a buyer to see that your English skills are what they are claimed to be, on a day-to-day basis - not just on the profile or gig descriptions. ☀️

Good morning! ☀️

You want to take any opportunity you can to show your expertise. One way to do that is through leaving the buyer a review. When the buyer reviews you, you then have the chance to leave them a rating and some comments. You can use those comments to highlight the service you provided and the topic you covered, together with any other relevant points. These buyer reviews show up in your gigs so if a prospective buyer is browsing gigs, they scroll down to reviews and see you’ve covered a similar to…

Thanks! That’s perfect! 😄

Guest offlinehelpers

Good morning! ☀️

Archived