POSTING ON THE FORUM WILL NOT GET YOU ORDERS ❗ ❗ ❗

vibronx

If that is the only thing you wish to achieve by using the forum, then please just save yourself the trouble and stop posting. It is not going to work.

There are very few buyers here, and the forum runs on a different platform than the Fiverr marketplace. What you do here will NOT impact your placement or your performance on Fiverr itself.

If you come here to search for tips to improve your gig, that is just fine. Please use the search function first to make it easier for yourself. However, posting in itself will not yield any results.

Thank you.

I am not saying that people can’t post on the forum. They can do what they want. I am merely saying that it might not turn out the way they think.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/24/2021 at 8:00 AM, gamunu said:

The funny thing is after you posted this thread, a couple of members posted about not getting their orders. we can’t stop this unless Fiverr staff bring some update to the forum

They can ask why their gig is not working. There are whole other types of people here. Who seems to be copy pasting same thing everywhere. Mostly giving advice about being active on fiverr or a forum etc… Then new people read that starts doing same copy pasting. Just like chain reaction.

Example:

-Someone posts “New to fiverr”
-Then some dude will copy pastes about being active on forum.
-10 other people taking advice “Congratulating” under that thread.
-Now that 10 people starts new chain by copy pasting false advice

I would like to meet the moron who started telling new sellers to hang out and post in the forum.

Bet it was one of the YouTube, Facebook or blog “gurus” who also tell these same newbies that all they have to do is put a Gig in this or that category (we all know what categories) and they will become rich beyond their wildest dreams - it’s like money for nothing!

GG

I would like to meet the moron who started telling new sellers to hang out and post in the forum.

Bet it was one of the YouTube, Facebook or blog “gurus” who also tell these same newbies that all they have to do is put a Gig in this or that category (we all know what categories) and they will become rich beyond their wildest dreams - it’s like money for nothing!

GG

A couple of those videos popped up in my feed a few weeks back and…wow. My favourite was ‘gigs on Fiverr you can open without any skill’ (not an actual video title, just something one of these gurus said. I was a bit… confused. But… I do understand where these people are coming from. It seems easy so of course when nothing happens, they get frustrated and start looking into how they could ‘help’ their business (which is where I’m thinking posting on the forum seems to come in ‘handy’.

But what confuses me is that they seem to completely ignore posts like this (or any other advice that is actually valid.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:20 AM, gongor32 said:

They can ask why their gig is not working. There are whole other types of people here. Who seems to be copy pasting same thing everywhere. Mostly giving advice about being active on fiverr or a forum etc… Then new people read that starts doing same copy pasting. Just like chain reaction.

Example:

-Someone posts “New to fiverr”
-Then some dude will copy pastes about being active on forum.
-10 other people taking advice “Congratulating” under that thread.
-Now that 10 people starts new chain by copy pasting false advice

That’s one of the reasons keeping me away from being more active on the forum to be honest. It is swamped with the same garbage you have just described …

I’m starting to believe people from the Light side of the Force should take a step forward and come up with an effective counter mantra to fight the negative “stay active on forum and Fiverr” mantra.
Something like “effective tips to sell: do not post nonsense on the forum yadda, yadda, yadda”. Something short and effective.
I remember that coerdelion did something like that with YT videos. But maybe it wasn’t enough…

Edit: did I say “something” enough? :rofl:

On 3/24/2021 at 12:51 PM, wordsfire said:

So those who want to post on the forum to increase their sales will know what to post.

Unless someone has a specific problem that they need help with posting on the forum will not increase sales.

Any question regarding how to increase sales will have been asked hundreds of times before and can be easily answered by a simple search in the search bar above.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:56 PM, kometbeats said:

Welcome to forum 😍 @vibronx remember 24 hour online and 10 buyer request.

thx for your valuable opinion brother 😍

On 3/24/2021 at 11:32 AM, wordsfire said:

It’d be waaaayyyy more helpful if you could suggest what to post on the forum.

They should post about how great I am 25/8. After 12 moons of unwavering worship, I might just deign to show them my gratitude through a most generous order of $5.

On 3/24/2021 at 11:39 AM, alphagev said:

Edit: did I say “something” enough? :rofl:

Maybe we should start a drinking game! 🍹

On 3/24/2021 at 11:39 AM, alphagev said:

an effective counter mantra to fight the negative “stay active on forum and Fiverr” mantra.

Something like “effective tips to sell: do not post nonsense on the forum yadda, yadda, yadda”.

It has to be something incredibly simple and something that does not take a lot of work. Otherwise, they won’t listen to it. I was thinking of something like “be honest”, “only offer something you are good at”, “study hard”, “always try to improve”, “tailor your BR offers to each individual buyer”, “study the Tips for Sellers section”, but most of those are too much work and do not seem like a trick or an exploit which is what they are really looking for.

So, I think that @leannelrivers’ suggestion is a good one:

On 3/24/2021 at 12:31 PM, leannelrivers said:

Can we start a new rumour that staying away from the forum brings in the buyers?

I hate being positive but…

It’d be waaaayyyy more helpful if you could suggest what to post on the forum. So those who want to post on the forum to increase their sales will know what to post.

Memes, jokes, rants, case studies?

Xx.

suggest what to post on the forum

I’m going to guess this was sarcasm. If not, then I’ll answer simply: don’t. Don’t post. Read.

If the forum is like a school, then it’s impossible to learn if everyone keeps asking the teacher the same question. Yes, there’s constantly new people cycling in and out, but that doesn’t mean a child should repeatedly asking the same or similar questions once they’re directed to the library.

Huh. Maybe instead of “Welcome to the Fiverr Community Forum”, the new forum that’s in the works should have this greeting! Welcome to the Fiverr Community School/Library. Sets a completely different tone.

Yes! That’s genius!

Then, we can start another one that says staying online all day on Fiverr will lower your sales.

Yes. It needs to be started by people who have a YT channel and post there, though, because anything that someone says on YT is true, of course, and will gain their immediate trust, and because they are astonishingly resilient to reading on the forum even if they post on the forum, so an internal forum rumour would probably not work.

GG

I would like to meet the moron who started telling new sellers to hang out and post in the forum

I think there are way more than 1 :rofl:

GG

It might be someone like that, a guru, or maybe new sellers think that they need to post here themselves. Who knows. Regardless, I am sick and tired of seeing the SAME posts over and over again. Instead of working on their gig, people just come here and beg for orders.

I would like to meet the moron who started telling new sellers to hang out and post in the forum

I think there are way more than 1 :rofl:

Probably, or 1 plus several echoes, the forum is full of echoes too. On the other hand, the internet at large these days seems to be built on and exist of echoes rather than on rock-‘n’-roll. 😅

On 3/25/2021 at 6:53 AM, donnovan86 said:

It might be someone like that, a guru, or maybe new sellers think that they need to post here themselves. Who knows. Regardless, I am sick and tired of seeing the SAME posts over and over again. Instead of working on their gig, people just come here and beg for orders.

Then here is the forum where we’re supposed to talk, and the purpose was to get out of the market place, plus it is full of sellers here, no one is interested by abnyone services, if we needed something we just would have gone in fiverr market place research, lol

On 3/25/2021 at 6:54 AM, miiila said:

Probably, or 1 plus several echoes, the forum is full of echoes too. On the other hand, the internet at large these days seems to be built on and exist of echoes rather than on rock-‘n’-roll. 😅

Problem is that new sellers keep arriving and ask for tips, and they as reply they get all the people who have 0 sale, no skills, poor experience, giving the “advices”, it’s quite exausting.

Problem is that new sellers keep arriving and ask for tips, and they as reply they get all the people who have 0 sale, no skills, poor experience, giving the “advices”, it’s quite exausting.

Oh I know, I’m on Fiverr and the forum since … Oh my … over four years now … I’ve regular forum burn-outs for various reasons …

I’m going to guess this was sarcasm. If not, then I’ll answer simply: don’t. Don’t post. Read.

If the forum is like a school, then it’s impossible to learn if everyone keeps asking the teacher the same question. Yes, there’s constantly new people cycling in and out, but that doesn’t mean a child should repeatedly asking the same or similar questions once they’re directed to the library.

Huh. Maybe instead of “Welcome to the Fiverr Community Forum”, the new forum that’s in the works should have this greeting! Welcome to the Fiverr Community School/Library. Sets a completely different tone.

328749_2.png imagination7413:

I’m going to guess this was sarcasm.

Obviously. And you gotta offer exact words/templates that they can copy-paste. Otherwise, it won’t work.

If not, then I’ll answer simply: don’t. Don’t post. Read.

It’s a forum. Not a blog. We need better rules. Right now, we are begging intruders to not enter the house while leaving the gates wide open with a welcome note.

Archived