Potential Opportunities To Be Featured In The News Media

kevinwil

These are current and immediate US media opportunities. You must reside in the US to take part (more around the world to come):

1. Are you or do you know a fantastic high school student, or recent graduate, who is selling a great Gig on Fiverr?

If so, please comment below or email community@fiverr.com. We’d love to hear from you.

2. Were laid off from a “regular job” only to find and pursue your passion on Fiverr? If Fiverr is your new career, we want to hear from you!

3. Are you a mom that’s able to work from home because of Fiverr? Let us know!

4. Are you a retiree who’s found a new career or income-generating hobby late in life using Fiverr? You could be featured soon!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Remember to comment below or email us at commmunity@fiverr.com.

Guest tn5rr2012

I sent my email last night about how I am at a transition in my life. I work during the day for local government and we were just informed that our hours are being cut to 26 hrs a week and we are losing our health insurance. The email stated it was because of the new healthcare law here in the US. They have been squeezing us for months now and making the work place very hostile. Well with this latest news I have decided to become the captain of my life and reclaim the control I have given to “THE MAN”. So i am going back to school in Jan and my family tree gig is going to be kicked into high gear and the marketing team will get back out on the field again.

Hello i’m from Greece and things these days are tough (maybe you’ve heard it on tv) 50% unemployment on people from age 18-30…i started here on fiverr 3 days now since i’m unemployed at the moment and trying to get some money doing the thing i allways remember me doing:electronic music productions.It’s my life,my passion.I’ll continue doing it even though i don’t get any gigs at all.I have a diploma in music production and sound engineering so whoever is interested can check out my gig.

p.s sorry for my bad english.

I’m a contract employee for Panasonic, no benefits. I’m a Web Producer. Work has been cut back for us as well. I only get called into the office a handful of days a month. Picking up the slack doing some Fiverr gigs. I think my gigs are cool enough to feature too. Got my co-workers trying out Fiverr too. I have proof of my employment (or-lack-there-of) if necessary. LOL! I also do some music production on the side as well.

I guess I’ll chime in here.

I suffered a devastating loss in December and spent several months floundering, trying to figure out how I was going to rebuild my life. Fiverr had been a part time, for fun thing for me prior to December. I came back in April, and by June I decided to see what I could really do with some serious effort. I don’t want to go into too many details. Despite the fact that I’m on camera almost every day, I’m a fairly private person. Suffice it to say, I am now a work from home mom, and Fiverr has been an enormous part of that.

I was able to step back into life after going through the grief process and get my feet wet again with some truly fantastic buyers. And I’m able to do it all from home where I can continue offering support to my children. Incidentally, my middle school and high school sons provide a tremendous amount of assistance, and they’ve learned a whole lot about business by being part of this work.

I leave my job in feb 2012 for working on fiverr as my 9 to 5 job. But I did not get any orders in frist 6 months but when in september 2012 fiverr move my gig on home page so I get more than 1200 orders with many gig extras in 4 months and I earn more than $9000. But now there is again September but fiverr do not move my gig on home page and do not make it featured and also do not make me top rated seller. 😦

Guest johnbradleypeel

This post is awesome. I will be checking out all of you fellow Fiverr users.

I’ve been out of traditional work since the start of the year. I’ve been using many different tools to start to turn my efforts into a decent income. It’s taken a while and a lot of work! I’m still not making what I made before, but I’m finally getting close.

I just posted my first gig yesterday and have already made two sales. So far, Fiverr.com seems great. I first signed up four months ago but the new design and layout convinced me to make an attempt. Hopefully Fiverr.com will become one of my primary sources of income.

Thanks for all the hard work, these types of efforts are really creating a new foundation for a lot of us.

• John B. Peele

Archived