Fiverr Community Forum

Precedent for breaking audiobooks into separate orders?

I am interested in narrating audiobooks. I am fine with providing a free sample as an audition! If it’s a good mutual fit, I would want to commit to professionally recording the entire audiobook, but break up the project into separate orders, and after review and payment for each part, I deliver the next one, client reviews and pays for it, etc. until the book is done.

Do narrators often commit to an entire audiobook somehow, but not have to record and deliver it in its entirety as one large order?

Or is the only commonly accepted standard for audiobook narration auditioning for free and then receiving payment after recording and delivering the entire audiobook??

1 Like

I think the way to do this would be to agree a single order but with set milestones.

If you don’t know about milestones, they allow you to break a large project into smaller parts. Your client signs-off (and you get paid for) each section of the project.

For example, if an audiobook consists of 20,000 words, you might split the order into five milestones of 4,000 words each.

And remember, you’re in control of how you work - not the buyer!

2 Likes

@english_voice thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea it was so good​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: