Privacy prevents answering questions?

proseperfect

Hi, all, I have what is probably a newbie question - well, two.

1. I received a question from someone about my services. When I go to inbox and try to click on it, I get the message "For privacy reasons, this user cannot be contacted directly."

I don’t even know what to do with that. I can’t answer their question when they contacted me first? Seems odd. Also, won’t that hurt my response time? Is there anything I can do about this?

2. I got another question. It was kind of a random “do you do X” question - I don’t offer a gig for X, so the answer is no, but when I go to click on the question to answer it, it says something about “UserX will no longer be able to contact you. Submit an unspam request to change this.” I didn’t mark the message as spam as far as I know. Was this something the system caught and marked automatically?

TIA!

Hello,

It happens because of multiple reasons. Do not worry about it, its a rare case I think. Happens to me also. I think it has something to do with spam.

This is something you should not worry about. It happens when the buyer rapidly sends same message to lot of sellers, fiverr automatically marks their messages as spam. You may “unspam” and it answer their questions.

1. The account used by the customer has likely been suspended / terminated for one reason or another and thus you are unable to respond to them.

2. Message has been flagged as a spam message for some reason by the Fiverr system. If you are confident that it is not spam and want to respond to it, simply unspam the message and respond.

Archived