Privacy/project for my work

g20raff

hi there,
I have a welcome package that I created (PowerPoint) for the company that I work for but I want it to be graphically done better and potentially someone to look it over and maybe even make it better. I don’t want my work to find out but I require it to look great. I want to impress. Should I worry that this might come back to hurt me by a freelancer to say something? any suggestion would be helpful to post my first order.

All rights to the work are transferred to you upon purchase unless otherwise stated in the Gig. As both a buyer and a seller, I can say I have never had an issue with a seller trying to take my work and use it as their own. If you’re worried that someone else will see what work you had done by going to your Fiverr page, uncheck the box to show samples on delivery on the seller’s page.

All rights to the work are transferred to you upon purchase unless otherwise stated in the Gig. As both a buyer and a seller, I can say I have never had an issue with a seller trying to take my work and use it as their own. If you’re worried that someone else will see what work you had done by going to your Fiverr page, uncheck the box to show samples on delivery on the seller’s page.

thanks for your quick reply. appreciate your advise as well!

Well, an NDA that shares your personal details - enabling a buyer to contact you outside Fiverr - is against Terms of Service. An NDA that doesn’t share your personal details, but uses only your Fiverr name and profile link - that’s probably worth nothing.

Suggesting an NDA is something that probably isn’t useful …

Well, an NDA that shares your personal details - enabling a buyer to contact you outside Fiverr - is against Terms of Service. An NDA that doesn’t share your personal details, but uses only your Fiverr name and profile link - that’s probably worth nothing.

Suggesting an NDA is something that probably isn’t useful …

Enabling the buyer to contact me outside Fiverr, as if he can not do it whenever he wants? If he googles my Fiverr account name he will find my full CV, home address, date of birth, my phone, Viber, Whatsapp… It is against TOS to communicate outside Fiverr regarding order but I do not understand how can signing NDA or NNN be a violation of TOS. I mean, when I needed 3D drawing for my PATENT project there is no way I would share the sketch if the seller was not willing to sign NNN before hand. It is my PATENT, not some logo anime OBS drawing PSD template. Highly sensitive data.

Up to you, obvs, however if CS catches that you’re giving that info on Fiverr you put your profile in danger of permanent ban.

Suggest you read the Terms of Service carefully - there’s a link to it at the bottom of the home page. You signed up to the TOS when you opened your account, so pleading ignorance won’t help you …

As per Terms of Service, sellers have to keep everything confidential. A seller who reveals anything you tell them that isn’t public knowledge already risks losing their account.

oh wow…that’s reassuring thanks so much

Up to you, obvs, however if CS catches that you’re giving that info on Fiverr you put your profile in danger of permanent ban.

Suggest you read the Terms of Service carefully - there’s a link to it at the bottom of the home page. You signed up to the TOS when you opened your account, so pleading ignorance won’t help you …

I am still puzzled by your responses here. It is a contract, business contract. This is a place for business. I am signing NDA for work provided through Fiverr and only on Fiverr. How then you suggest that we make sure our business information stays protected? You are saying Fiverr is just for anonymous children’s work, put logo in template export, and charge 5$? Create a web page from a template, change colors, and charge 50$? If I need a 3D drawing of my PATENT, not my cat sleeping on the sofa, I should avoid Fiverr then? Anything normal, professional, and business-wise is not good on Fiverr?

I repeat, Marina - read the Terms of Service. That way, you’ll know what is and isn’t available to you … and what will put your profile in danger …

You are not answering my question. Forget NDA, NNN, and tell me how can I protect my work on Fiverr, answer the guy’s question from the first post. HIS POST: I have PPT I need corrections, This PPT contains sensitive data about my company. How do I make sure the seller on Fiverr does not misuse the data within PPT?

My question: I need my patent drawing in 3D. How do I make sure that seller is held responsible if he releases my drawing somewhere on the web or sells it to the competition?

TOS TOS… OK I get it, three letters of Latin alphabet in CAPS lock. Thank you.

It is a reasonable question and no one has given a good answer. Privacy protection.

Lol! If you don’t like the rules, don’t use the platform and/or take it up with CS.

Violation of TOS is communication outside the Fiverr regarding GIGs. Signing NDA or NNN is not considered violation of TOS. I asked that like in 2017 otherwise this whole site would be a joke.

The first rule applies if you share info in order to abuse Fiverr, but if the purpose is not abuse of Fiverr then offcourse it is natural that sharing full portfolio is acceptable.

Basics

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.
  • Fiverr does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to Buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the Order Page.
  • Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.
  • All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform.
  • Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
  • Fiverr is open to everyone. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, race, age, religious affiliation, ■■■■■■ preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
  • Users may not submit proposals or solicit parties introduced through Fiverr to contract, engage with, or pay outside of Fiverr.

2017 was 3 years ago. TOS change often and Fiverr often doesn’t tell you about it. Suggest you talk to them again …

We’ve had quite a few conversations here on the forum on this subject, so you might find it useful to do a search for that …

2017 was 3 years ago. TOS change often and Fiverr often doesn’t tell you about it. Suggest you talk to them again …

We’ve had quite a few conversations here on the forum on this subject, so you might find it useful to do a search for that …

Yes. And the first rule is completely ridicules. What kind of business are you running when you are able to or asked to hide your identity. Anonymous business site? Normally when I created account my account name is my name, my profile photo is my photo. The whole “anonymous” part is pointless, how do I share my CV, my portfolio? I have send an email again to customer support just now regarding this. It is contradictory that profiles are anonymous when you put your photo up and front. And linkedin 😃

Signing an NDA is fine if you have the permission from Customer Support. I’ve never bothered to obtain it because signing an NDA would be too much hassle for me, but with their permission, it’s fine. There are sellers who do it, typically because the nature of their work requires it, and as long as they have the permission from CS, they don’t get banned.

Doesn’t that permission have to be sought every time, @catwriter ? And how does one keep one’s own privacy secure when all and sundry are asking for an NDA? Guarantees that buyers/sellers won’t try to contact one outside Fiverr, TOS or not … ? So much to think about … so, yeah, too much hassle …

Doesn’t that permission have to be sought every time, @catwriter ? And how does one keep one’s own privacy secure when all and sundry are asking for an NDA? Guarantees that buyers/sellers won’t try to contact one outside Fiverr, TOS or not … ? So much to think about … so, yeah, too much hassle …

Doesn’t that permission have to be sought every time , @catwriter ?

As far as I know (and unless they’ve changed something), no. I think it’s similar to asking for permission to use Sk.ype because you offer tutoring.

Once again, what privacy? I am a business person, my name, address, email, phone number, bank account, date of birth, all are public data.

To me sharing this is not sharing at all since it is publicly available to anyone with more than 1 brain cell and internet.

Yes, communication outside Fiverr is illegal for Fiverr, but let’s look this scenario. Fiverr says we should use social media to promote our GIGs. Lets say I publish link on Linkedin and someone approaches me and asks me to create logo for him. I do that through my company. I issue receipt and invoice and all. So is that violation of TOS? Just because I am on Fiverr it doesn’t mean I would quit my normal office client face to face job.

Or are we saying Fiverr is only for unemployed people?

Wow! DOB and bank account data?! That’s just asking for trouble.

It is a CV, it is normal that CV has all that and more, children, marital status, what you have in your CV?

Hi, I am a human, alive, ready to work, all other info you will get after you send me 1000 dollars on my Cayman island post box?

And how people are going to pay me for my work if my bank account is not public? It is on the invoice, it is on receipt, it is everywhere.

We never put age, gender, bank details, parents or a great many other things on CVs in this country. Saves being excluded on age and gender basis, as well as protecting all bank and social media accounts from hackers …

You do not put age or gender? Thats just crazy. So what I find out you are 80 years old when I call you for interview? What country is that. I have CVs from USA, EU and China and they all have what I said and more and more. https://www.visualcv.com/international/usa-cv/ here, standard USA CV. For myself, a seafarer we have to put shoe size and coverall size so company can prepare that on board. Also blood type as well.

Lol! In this country employers are not allowed to discriminate on the basis of age, gender, skin colour, sexuality, religion … or shoe size - oh wait, maybe shoe size. But who wants to work with a foot fetishist.

If you turn up and you’re 80, with the right qualifications, they have to suck it up … or face some pretty dire financial consequences

Archived