Private feedback - is this new?

abhirgb

Today I ordered a voice over service, I completed the order and got PRIVATE FEEDBACK page, is this a new features?
Applicable to all category of job or just voice over?

I have ordered several times before from the same person and others too, but never got that private feedback option…

This is very interesting, thank you for posting it. The forum moderators hadn’t seen a screen shot either (as you can see from the responses) and it is helpful. It wouldn’t be a problem to post any screenshot as long as person info was blurred out or otherwise removed. Like @psychicbunny I’ve had a small spike in messages from potential clients which usually means my gigs are getting more visibility. I have to wonder if something like this could affect ranking too.

I’m all for it. I know that sellers have to worry about their public ratings but this allows the buyer to be honest and still kind on a public rating where the product is good, but to give constructive feedback that is not visible. I would think that Fiverr might send sellers reports once in awhile to give them an overall idea of what their buyers would like to see improved without the seller having to feel criticized directly.

I agree on this. Public and private feedback on buyers would be useful.

I like the idea of the private feedback for reasons I mentioned above and others. Another thing I think could be good about this is that a buyer who is just a nice person might buy from a seller with a “fake” profile or a seller who cannot do the work, but the buyer might want to be nice and leave a positive review or no review.

If that buyer also has the chance to do a private feedback, maybe they will let Fiverr know that the seller has communication problems, lacks skill in an area, or is using copyrighted work. If Fiverr uses the information effectively, the seller could be left to still “look good” on the surface but Fiverr could watch them closely for signs of problems. Perhaps the end result will be improvement for sellers who just need some time and experience, but tossing out some profiles where the sellers are being less honest or just cannot do the job.

Private feedback is a dangerous weapon in the hands of a bad client, especially if the private feedback is heavily weighted when a contractors’ ratings are calculated. I also work on another site where private feedback is the be-all and end-all of all metrics, and I have seen good reputations destroyed by one malicious private feedback.

I don’t think this has anything to do with “improving” less than stellar performances by some sellers- this is another way to calculate ratings, and if the private feedback has an undue weighting factor, we’ll soon see howls of despair by sellers whose ratings have dropped inexplicably, despite having excellent public feedback.

Are you talking about rankings when you say ratings? I don’t see any evidence that ratings are changing based on anything but public feedback.

Rankings are based on all kind of things including mysterious algorithms, so I think there are things to worry about with rankings regardless of the private feedback issue. Right now there is no way to be sure of a good ranking and that was true before this private feedback test phase.

As far as reputations destroyed by one malicious private feedback, I have to disagree. I would agree with that on public rankings. I’ve seen public rankings destroy new sellers. Sometimes they weren’t good sellers anyway, but sometimes it looks unfair. One private feedback wouldn’t destroy a seller unless Fiverr read the feedback and due to that, found that the buyer had been given an empty or poor delivery.

Archived