Private message being reviewed

adefmade

I sent a private message to a seller requesting for his service but fiverr said it’s been reviewed by their trust and safety team since its suspected to be a spam or maybe i was trying to sell my service
It was just the first personal message i sent to the seller and I was trying to hire him for my company’s logo design.

Screenshot_2020-08-22-13-46-23-764_com.fiverr.fiverr.thumb.png.7ed4492be4d572fb6945de35b5ead4bc.png
Screenshot_2020-08-22-13-46-23-764_com.fiverr.fiverr720×1440 113 KB

If you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

If you just contacted a reasonable number of designers to consider making a purchase from one of them, you won’t be in any trouble. System might have been triggered by a link or you sending exactly the same message to several people. If anything goes wrong, just explain your situation to the support, they are generally helpful and understanding, albeit somewhat slow to reply.

If you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

If you just contacted a reasonable number of designers to consider making a purchase from one of them, you won’t be in any trouble. System might have been triggered by a link or you sending exactly the same message to several people. If anything goes wrong, just explain your situation to the support, they are generally helpful and understanding, albeit somewhat slow to reply.

@alyonagrapie thks for the advice but I only sent one message to one seller only and there was no link attached.

I got another message now that it’s been marked as spam message

I don’t understand.

It looks like you are messaging yourself.

This says you’re messaging a buyer to purchase with a service but you’re actually a seller fulfilling that exact service.

This doesn’t make sense.

I can only deduce that you’re spamming a buyer to get him to buy from you. That is not allowed.

I don’t understand.

This says you’re messaging a buyer to purchase with a service but you’re actually a seller fulfilling that exact service.

This doesn’t make sense.

I can only deduce that you’re spamming a buyer to get him to buy from you. That is not allowed.

Where have you seen that?

@adefmade doesn’t provide logos - his profile offers CAD/technical drawings etc.

And it would appear he’s messaging a logo designer to enquire about a logo. All looks legit to me?

@alyonagrapie thks for the advice but I only sent one message to one seller only and there was no link attached.

The system probably thought it was a link / URL because you put “design . thks” with no spaces in between.

Maybe what it thought was a url was the reason for the flag (though I would have thought buyers would be allowed to post URLs when necessary).

Unless it was the seller that flagged it as spam, but it doesn’t seem like it. Maybe it got auto-flagged and the trust and safety team mistakenly confirmed it as spam when it wasn’t.

Where have you seen that?

@adefmade doesn’t provide logos - his profile offers CAD/technical drawings etc.

And it would appear he’s messaging a logo designer to enquire about a logo. All looks legit to me?

Because in the screenshot the inquiring message asking for a sale is from “Me” and also it’s his own gig.

Plus his post says he’s asking a buyer for a sale (spam), yet the screenshot is showing he’s a buyer actually asking to make a purchase. It doesn’t make sense.

None of this makes sense unless he’s spamming and messaging himself.

The screenshot shows a prospective purchase, not a message responding to an inquiry about a sale.

And it says the Sender is “Me” (himself)

It looks like he’s messaging himself to help his ratings or something.

In any case we aren’t allowed to message buyers to ask them for a sale.

The system probably thought it was a link / URL because you put “design . thks” with no spaces in between.

Maybe what it thought was a url was the reason for the flag (though I would have thought buyers would be allowed to post URLs when necessary).

Unless it was the seller that flagged it as spam, but it doesn’t seem like it. Maybe it got auto-flagged and the trust and safety team mistakenly confirmed it as spam when it wasn’t.

I think that’s the reason it got automatically flagged.

@adefmade, please leave a space between the period after “design” and “thks”. That should solve the issue.

I think that’s the reason it got automatically flagged.

@adefmade, please leave a space between the period after “design” and “thks”. That should solve the issue.

But why would it say “Me” as the sender in the screenshot unless he himself posted that message?

I’m pretty sure he’s messaging himself about his own gig and that’s why he got flagged.

And in his message he says he’s a seller selling something, but the screenshot depicts a buyer inquiring about a sale — and he is the one who sent it (“Me”).

In any case you can’t message buyers and ask for sales.

Because in the screenshot the inquiring message asking for a sale is from “Me” and also it’s his own gig.

Plus his post says he’s asking a buyer for a sale (spam), yet the screenshot is showing he’s a buyer actually asking to make a purchase. It doesn’t make sense.

None of this makes sense unless he’s spamming and messaging himself.

The screenshot shows a prospective purchase, not a message responding to an inquiry about a sale.

And it says the Sender is “Me” (himself)

It looks like he’s messaging himself to help his ratings or something.

In any case we aren’t allowed to message buyers to ask them for a sale.

Plus his post says he’s asking a buyer for a sale

I think this is a typo by the OP, one I’ve made before, confusing buyer and seller. This is a buyer, asking a logo designer if they would design a logo for them. It says so in the message. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. He corrects himself in the next line;

It was just the first personal message i sent to the seller and I was trying to hire him for my company’s logo design.

But why would it say “Me” as the sender in the screenshot unless he himself posted that message?

I’m pretty sure he’s messaging himself about his own gig and that’s why he got flagged.

And in his message he says he’s a seller selling something, but the screenshot depicts a buyer inquiring about a sale — and he is the one who sent it (“Me”).

May be you Visited Seller’s profile…check OP’s !

There is no such gig !

Also when we chat on mobile app, its show ‘ME’ instead of our own name 🙂

Human, I checked both accounts. They belong fto different users.

Yes it is. And why does it say “Me” as the sender?

And why does it say “Me” as the sender?

Because he sent the message, to a seller called “mohsinshah786” who is a logo designer, which also explains why his original message was enquiring about having a logo designed.

And why does it say “Me” as the sender?

Because he sent the message, to a seller called “mohsinshah786” who is a logo designer, which also explains why his original message was enquiring about having a logo designed.

Then when he said he sent a message to a buyer he must have meant seller.

I sent a private message to a seller requesting for his service but fiverr said it’s been reviewed by their trust and safety team since its suspected to be a spam or maybe i was trying to sell my service

I sent a private message to a buyer

It should be clear to you that the above is what tripped me up.

He said he sent a message to a buyer.

Evidently he meant seller.

If you read it as a seller messaging a buyer you’ll see why his claim made no sense to me.

Then when he said he sent a message to a buyer he must have meant seller

Yes, absolutely. I’ve made that mistake before, it’s an easy one to make. And he corrects himself in the very next line.

That’s not a correction it’s an inconsistency that showed you he meant something different than what he said and I don’t even see it but anyway.

Most likely, but you have a bias opinion whenever it comes to anything that you perceive as ‘wrong’, which almost always escalates situations which could’ve been otherwise easily sorted.

I looked at evidence A,B and C and saw that it didn’t add up. That’s not biased. It didn’t make any sense at all.

I’m sorry I didnt read his mind to figure out what he meant but when 90% of posts like this are people doing unethical things and trying to hide their folly it’s easy to make that mistake.

He could have changed it so that it made sense.

The problem is that it was clearly a spelling mistake, everything after that was clear (the “me as a sender” for example), but because you set your mind that he was in the wrong you pretty much ignored all other evidences that didn’t support what you thought it was the truth. That’s bias.

Whether or not your bias is justified, if indeed “90% of posts like this are people doing unethical things”, it’s a different question, but this is yet another case in which it escalated a situation when there’s no need to do so.

I don’t know if you’ll remember but once, without knowing anything about me, you accused of something very serious, that goes way beyond Fiverr and Freelancing in general, a crime in most places really, because you thought I meant something that I clearly did not, and it took other forum users to point your mistake, which you never admitted nor apologize for.

You can’t keep accusing people, and when people call you out on that simply say that you were misunderstood. Sometimes a simple ‘sorry, my mistake’ would not only go a long way but also benefit the forum, as trying to refute everyone often tends to derail conversations and go off topic rather quickly.

And what you call evidence A, B and C are actually assumption A, B and C, but I digress…OP seems to have got an answer to his question and that should be enough for now.

@urdeke @maitasun @cubittaudio @uk1000 @surajrenuka thks for the clarification I do really appreciate.

@humanissocial I don’t know why you find it so difficult to understand the situation.all I simply needed was a logo design for my offline company that’s all.

Archived