Private Message

Hi all,

I’m a new seller. Yesterday I had a message from someone saying they want me to do a private job, and to email them at g m a i l.

Their English was poor. I looked up their Fiverr profile and it was created Dec 2017. I searched Google for their email address and zero results.

This smells very fishy to me so I reckon ignoring is the best option here…

As a general question though from a newbie, is is common for people to message like this and try and take jobs “offline”, away from Fiverr? What are your thoughts? I suspect in terms of receiving payments and for better accountability and tractability I should insist that all transactions are completed via the Fiverr site?

Thanks,
Matt

This is some kind of scam where they want you to contact them at their email address. Use the little “report” button on your message to notify customer support of this violation of the terms of service.

We see these pop up about once a month.

Sharing contact details outside of Fiverr is against the Terms of Service which you will find at the bottom of the Fiverr main page. Well worth a read as a violation can risk your account.

hi…

if any one asked for private job and asking for your contact details do not give them any of your contact details as it is illegal as per the Fiver terms of service and they will take action against you.

You can see the below on Fiver Terms of Service under the Heading Basic.
To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

Thank you

Thanks everyone! :smile:

It’s common for scammers. Sometimes it’s just someone who doesn’t understand how Fiverr works, but most of the time, it’s a scam.