Private review got updated

miiila

In the last two gigs I bought, the below replaced the former private review.

I must say I liked the old version better, the one where buyers even got a free text field to praise the seller (or rant about them, I guess, depending, but anyhow), this here is so … money-focused. So, I hope this is some temporary private review/survey and will be replaced with the former or something similar again.

I’d like to know which % of buyers replies “very satisfied” and “satisfied” to this - after all, it could well be that they think they better choose a less satisfied satisfaction level even if they were very satisfied to not give Fiverr ideas to raise the fees …
I ticked “very satisfied”, by the way, but as I’m mainly a seller, I’m probably not the most representative buyer.

reviewupdate.thumb.png.b09f3bb02ed60d32baa8a81fd9df6a56.png

Isn’t the “cost” bit the full cost with the service charge too, even though the seller’s price is actually lower than that? It might be a bit misleading if so.

I’d say it is, yes. If it’s misleading depends on what they are doing with this, I suppose, if it’s just a survey for Fiverr’s internal use, it’s okay, if it’s reflected in the sellers’ stats/ranking in some way, I agree that it should be made clear that it’s asking about the seller’s part of the bill, as many buyers will have the actual price they paid in mind.

@aishi168 Perhaps not exactly the same, the “value for money” doesn’t quite hit it, and sellers don’t get a service from a buyer but if buyers get to post a public and an anonymous review, I guess one could say it would be fair if sellers got to do both too.

en.wikipedia.org
220px-Carrefour_Market_Voisins-le-Bretonneux_2012_09.jpg.a22a88938c1b45815972cbaa058b9ed2.jpg

Buyer's remorse

Buyer's remorse is the sense of regret after having made a purchase. It is frequently associated with the purchase of an expensive item such as a vehicle or real estate. Buyer's remorse is thought to stem from cognitive dissonance, specifically post-decision dissonance, that arises when a person must make a difficult decision, such as a heavily invested purchase between two similarly appealing alternatives. Factors that affect buyer's remorse may include: resources invested, the involvement of t...

I really think, knowing something about the psychology of consumers, that this will create BUYER’S REMORSE if they don’t already have it. And buyers can have buyer’s remorse about anything even inexpensive things, not just expensive ones.

It is asking them to think to themselves about how much money they spent, and the way human psychology works is that directly after any sale a certain percentage of buyers will have buyer’s remorse, thinking about how they spent money and regretting it. This encourages them to think about that. And have regrets.

In the phase before purchasing, a prospective buyer often feels positive emotions associated with a purchase (desire, a sense of heightened possibilities, and an anticipation of the enjoyment that will accompany using the product, for example); afterwards, having made the purchase, they are more fully able to experience the negative aspects: all the opportunity costs of the purchase, and a reduction in purchasing power.[1]

How buyers feel after a purchase has been extensively studied:

remorse.thumb.JPG.247bb517f95c53f3288cb365c56171ac.JPG

en.wikipedia.org
fe5537b88bc70f5ee238b3a4d3b41bc3181773d6.jpeg

Buyer's remorse

Buyer's remorse is the sense of regret after having made a purchase. It is frequently associated with the purchase of an expensive item such as a vehicle or real estate. Buyer's remorse is thought to stem from cognitive dissonance, specifically post-decision dissonance, that arises when a person must make a difficult decision, such as a heavily invested purchase between two similarly appealing alternatives. Factors that affect buyer's remorse may include: resources invested, the involvement of t...

I really think, knowing something about the psychology of consumers, that this will create BUYER’S REMORSE if they don’t already have it. And buyers can have buyer’s remorse about anything even inexpensive things, not just expensive ones.

It is asking them to think to themselves about how much money they spent, and the way human psychology works is that directly after any sale a certain percentage of buyers will have buyer’s remorse, thinking about how they spent money and regretting it. This encourages them to think about that. And have regrets.

In the phase before purchasing, a prospective buyer often feels positive emotions associated with a purchase (desire, a sense of heightened possibilities, and an anticipation of the enjoyment that will accompany using the product, for example); afterwards, having made the purchase, they are more fully able to experience the negative aspects: all the opportunity costs of the purchase, and a reduction in purchasing power.[1]

How buyers feel after a purchase has been extensively studied:

Liley, yes.

Plus it’s overbearing to be reminded 2 times to give a private review particularly when part of that reminder includes saying it’s customary to leave a tip - asking for more money. That itself might annoy a buyer and prompt them to be more regretful.

So many buyers (regular ones) of mine - no longer leave reviews at all.

Today on YouTube I got asked to rate a video I’d recently watched and say how I felt about it. Was it lifechanging, informative, amazing, enlightening, etc.

This really pee’d me off. It was a tiny interruption to my day, but it was one that felt like I was being asked to incriminate someone. I’d already liked the video and left a comment. What would happen if I selected amazing but not life-changing?

Online platforms these days have a serious internal culture problem. I don’t want to give secret feedback after I watch YouTube videos. I want YouTubers I follow to stop saying that their videos are being demonetized.

On Fiverr buyers don’t want to sit down with the secret police after an order and be asked ambiguous, very possibly irrelevant, and obviously designed to incriminate questions about their seller, they want the shopping cart back so they can save on transaction fees!

Secret surveys and all the other hoops buyers and sellers have to navigate are just symptoms of companies like Fiverr projecting their own failings outwardly instead of addressing them at source.

Is there the implication that if a buyer spends more on a gig they are possibly feeling cheated and need to inform fiverr of that? I’m not sure. I wonder what the purpose of this is. It’s hard to think of it leaving a good feeling, but I’m trying to find a reason that it might.

It sounds like fiverr is trying to find out how comfortable buyers are who paid more for a gig. I see a lot of ads now on youtube promoting Pro sellers. So it’s not really as odd as it sounds if you look at it that way. I just wonder about how buyers feel when they see it.

Is there the implication that if a buyer spends more on a gig they are possibly feeling cheated and need to inform fiverr of that? I’m not sure. I wonder what the purpose of this is. It’s hard to think of it leaving a good feeling, but I’m trying to find a reason that it might.

It sounds like fiverr is trying to find out how comfortable buyers are who paid more for a gig. I see a lot of ads now on youtube promoting Pro sellers. So it’s not really as odd as it sounds if you look at it that way. I just wonder about how buyers feel when they see it.

The problem with the review system in general… is that expectations of services vary substantially across the categories. Advertising, like I do, for example - can bring with it some very unreasonable buyer expectations.

People want advertising because they believe their song, or product or idea is fabulous… but the vast majority of others might not agree…

This update gives unreasonable people room to have buyer’s remorse and a platform to vent albeit from an absolutely unrealistic angle.

It also gives reasonable people the opportunity to indicate their satisfaction.

Today on YouTube I got asked to rate a video I’d recently watched and say how I felt about it. Was it lifechanging, informative, amazing, enlightening, etc.

This really pee’d me off. It was a tiny interruption to my day, but it was one that felt like I was being asked to incriminate someone. I’d already liked the video and left a comment. What would happen if I selected amazing but not life-changing?

Online platforms these days have a serious internal culture problem. I don’t want to give secret feedback after I watch YouTube videos. I want YouTubers I follow to stop saying that their videos are being demonetized.

On Fiverr buyers don’t want to sit down with the secret police after an order and be asked ambiguous, very possibly irrelevant, and obviously designed to incriminate questions about their seller, they want the shopping cart back so they can save on transaction fees!

Secret surveys and all the other hoops buyers and sellers have to navigate are just symptoms of companies like Fiverr projecting their own failings outwardly instead of addressing them at source.

I really hope YouTube won’t start to do this with any video you watch, I often have it running all day long for music and yes, if I liked the video already, I’d not want to be interrupted to do their multiple choice quiz about it. If the video was lifechanging, I’ll probably leave a comment, perhaps watch it again, or on loop (music), watch and like more content of the creator, subscribe, perhaps even leave them some financial credit if applicable (I do buy songs of people I watch on YT, for instance), isn’t that still enough lol? Does every platform think it’s the only one trying to get your attention and a few seconds or more out of people’s day for such things?

It’s really becoming too much ! having to swipe away constant messages like that, or reacting to them in another way, I’d prefer to only interact with a platform while I’m using it and choosing to do so, by leaving a like or comment or whatever.

Updates for important things like order notifications, changes in terms of service, and such are okay, of course, or would be.

I think it will be used for search ranking for the gigs, and depending on the results, Fiverr staff could look at gigs rated very low (eg. “not satisfied at all”) a lot. Maybe they’d look more at the “Very satisfied” part when deciding whether to promote (eg. to TRS or maybe it might help with studio eligibility?), or maybe their success managers could use that info to decide whether to suggest to someone to increase their prices. Or if they were constantly satisfied enough, like has been suggested, it could cause Fiverr to raise fees maybe.

But is “value for money” also shown for things like Pro gigs where “quality” is supposed to be more important really? Quite a few things on Fiverr are more quality based than value for money based. Maybe they should also ask how satisfied you are with the quality of this delivery in private feedback if they don’t. Also I’m not sure a 1-5 scale (integer) is accurate enough.

I just wonder about how buyers feel when they see it.

I’m thinking if I was “only” a buyer here, my prominent thought would be “Leave me alone already, I just left a 5* public review, ain’t nobody got time for dis” 😉

I think it’s to see how buyers respond to higher priced gigs versus lower priced ones. I think they are really pushing for more buyers to choose Pro sellers who have higher prices and might be wondering why more don’t choose them.
They are trying to get a handle on who to promote Pro sellers to and thinking that maybe people aren’t willing to spend that much.

If they know if satisfaction level increases if people pay higher prices, then it makes more sense to target ads to push people to choose Pro sellers.

I think it’s to see how buyers respond to higher priced gigs versus lower priced ones. I think they are really pushing for more buyers to choose Pro sellers who have higher prices and might be wondering why more don’t choose them.

They are trying to get a handle on who to promote Pro sellers to and thinking that maybe people aren’t willing to spend that much.

If they know if satisfaction level increases if people pay higher prices, then it makes more sense to target ads to push people to choose Pro sellers.

I think they are really pushing for more buyers to choose Pro sellers who have higher prices and might be wondering why more don’t choose them.

Maybe they should look at other things related to the Pro gigs if they are trying to promote them. eg. there are very few pro gigs in some categories, some of their descriptions are quite short and they sometimes don’t show the samples/amount of them that some of the other gigs do. I think Fiverr might be relying on the Pro badge slightly too much rather than showing that the person is Pro enough (but it also has to be realistic price I think). For at least some of them, having a price that’s so much more than regular gigs is probably what puts people off. Maybe they need something that shows some sellers are “Pro” enough to do what a potential buyer requires (badge, some sort of evidence like samples, in depth gig descriptions, etc.) but with prices that are not normally so much more than regular gigs. Maybe they could also have something that shows that the buyer experience/process is/will be better with those Pro/more Pro style gigs (maybe more in-depth, with more back-and-forth consultation with buyers than would normally happen with regular gigs, or where there is the option for it). edit: Also the Pro gigs are just as limited in terms of number of gig packages etc. as the normal gigs are.

Doing the above would help, but also a better private review than they currently have would probably also give better info for them about that (eg. like I said, asking about quality in private feedback could also help, maybe more things than that could be asked if the buyer wants to fill it in).

I think it will be used for search ranking for the gigs, and depending on the results, Fiverr staff could look at gigs rated very low (eg. “not satisfied at all”) a lot. Maybe they’d look more at the “Very satisfied” part when deciding whether to promote (eg. to TRS or maybe it might help with studio eligibility?), or maybe their success managers could use that info to decide whether to suggest to someone to increase their prices. Or if they were constantly satisfied enough, like has been suggested, it could cause Fiverr to raise fees maybe.

But is “value for money” also shown for things like Pro gigs where “quality” is supposed to be more important really? Quite a few things on Fiverr are more quality based than value for money based. Maybe they should also ask how satisfied you are with the quality of this delivery in private feedback if they don’t. Also I’m not sure a 1-5 scale (integer) is accurate enough.

Fiverr staff could look at gigs rated very low (eg. “not satisfied at all”) a lot.

They don’t even have to do that. The whole point of ratings is to let buyers make buying decisions for themselves. The first thing Fiverr could do to boost sales and make using Fiverr feel easier for buyers, is get rid of the thousands of gigs which never sell, have no reviews, or had their last review years ago.

But is “value for money” also shown for things like Pro gigs where “quality” is supposed to be more important really?

Value for money is completely subjective and sellers should not be rated on this at all on Fiverr.

Imagine you are a buyer who is completely new to Fiverr. You spent ages going through the search and seller profiles, before buying an article for $20. You are happy with the outcome,. Maybe you are even flawed by how amazing it is. Now though, you have Fiverr itself putting doubt in your mind.

Being asked to secretly rate whether something is value for money makes you think "mmhh, maybe this seller is under investigation because they don’t offer good value?" Or maybe you would think "hold on, maybe next I should try one of these hundreds of $5 writers, as maybe Fiverr is surprised I spent so much?"

Asking you to rate the value of a theme park after you have visited is fine. Asking you to rate the value of a service on Fiverr just after buying it, does nothing but inspire doubt and make you rethink whether you are happy with your purchase or not. .

Fiverr staff could look at gigs rated very low (eg. “not satisfied at all”) a lot.

They don’t even have to do that. The whole point of ratings is to let buyers make buying decisions for themselves. The first thing Fiverr could do to boost sales and make using Fiverr feel easier for buyers, is get rid of the thousands of gigs which never sell, have no reviews, or had their last review years ago.

But is “value for money” also shown for things like Pro gigs where “quality” is supposed to be more important really?

Value for money is completely subjective and sellers should not be rated on this at all on Fiverr.

Imagine you are a buyer who is completely new to Fiverr. You spent ages going through the search and seller profiles, before buying an article for $20. You are happy with the outcome,. Maybe you are even flawed by how amazing it is. Now though, you have Fiverr itself putting doubt in your mind.

Being asked to secretly rate whether something is value for money makes you think "mmhh, maybe this seller is under investigation because they don’t offer good value?" Or maybe you would think "hold on, maybe next I should try one of these hundreds of $5 writers, as maybe Fiverr is surprised I spent so much?"

Asking you to rate the value of a theme park after you have visited is fine. Asking you to rate the value of a service on Fiverr just after buying it, does nothing but inspire doubt and make you rethink whether you are happy with your purchase or not. .

and make you rethink whether you are happy with your purchase or not. .

It could make you think about your purchase and think about whether you could make a different, possibly better choice for a future purchase. Not necessarily a $5/very low priced gig. But if it (or together with other questions they could ask) could help you make the best choices for gigs in future (if the purchased gig wasn’t the best for your needs), it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe it and/or other questions could also be used for gig recommendations.

Maybe the questions asked at the time of purchase (such as this and maybe better ones too, such as those that ask about quality), could be or are combined with other questions that could be/are asked later eg. the “did you use this purchase? [yes/no/not yet]” type question.

edit: for more objective measurements, they could ask for those too, maybe some at a later date (or have other ways of measuring them), but some of those might get into financial stuff that buyers probably wouldn’t want to give.

The first thing Fiverr could do to boost sales and make using Fiverr feel easier for buyers, is get rid of the thousands of gigs which never sell, have no reviews, or had their last review years ago.

The first thing Fiverr could do to boost sales and make using Fiverr feel easier for buyers, is get rid of the thousands of gigs which never sell, have no reviews, or had their last review years ago.

If the seller is still available to do the work (maybe the seller needs to log in once in a while), that might be a bad idea, since it would reduce choice for the buyers. As long as it isn’t going to get auto-cancelled I think they should keep them. Removing gigs like that could also be anti-competitive. Having lots of choice and easy filters should make the buyer experience better and allow buyers to select in more detail exactly the gig they want.

and make you rethink whether you are happy with your purchase or not. .

It could make you think about your purchase and think about whether you could make a different, possibly better choice for a future purchase. Not necessarily a $5/very low priced gig. But if it (or together with other questions they could ask) could help you make the best choices for gigs in future (if the purchased gig wasn’t the best for your needs), it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe it and/or other questions could also be used for gig recommendations.

Maybe the questions asked at the time of purchase (such as this and maybe better ones too, such as those that ask about quality), could be or are combined with other questions that could be/are asked later eg. the “did you use this purchase? [yes/no/not yet]” type question.

edit: for more objective measurements, they could ask for those too, maybe some at a later date (or have other ways of measuring them), but some of those might get into financial stuff that buyers probably wouldn’t want to give.

If the seller is still available to do the work (maybe the seller needs to log in once in a while), that might be a bad idea, since it would reduce choice for the buyers. As long as it isn’t going to get auto-cancelled I think they should keep them. Removing gigs like that could also be anti-competitive. Having lots of choice and easy filters should make the buyer experience better and allow buyers to select in more detail exactly the gig they want.

The problem is that doesn’t reflect the thinking or want of convenience of real consumers.

99% of people hate the person who comes up in the clothes store and asks if they are finding everything okay. 99% of people hate the person who comes up on the street and asks them to complete a survey. People just want to get on with their lives.

Thinking about better questions to ask with new ones added before a buyer orders, is like the manager of a clothes store holding a staff meeting and saying "ok, today we’re just going to try putting clothes on people as they come in the door and see if that approach works."

Even questions like "have you used your delivery yet?" are just annoying. It is highly likely that many buyers won’t have used a delivery when they get asked this question. They may not be launching a site or product for another few weeks. They may have taken the weekend off. They may have had a death in the family.

At some point, you just need to know when to step back and let the age-old magic of capitalism happen. i.e, If someone wants something, they buy it, and if they like it, they leave a nice review.

Everything added to the customer journey before, during. and after this, is just perceived by most customers as annoying.

They could show buyers this and tell them to check all that apply:

Oh Lord, I don’t know how this would make me feel if I got it when buying a gig on Fiverr, unless I perhaps bought a psychological consultation gig …

Even questions like "have you used your delivery yet?" are just annoying. It is highly likely that many buyers won’t have used a delivery when they get asked this question. They may not be launching a site or product for another few weeks. They may have taken the weekend off. They may have had a death in the family.

Definitely. This question made me squirm every time I answered it because I don’t want to lie but can’t help thinking "If I put “not yet”, does this affect the seller negatively in some way? Or what if I put “no” because I perhaps ordered a logo from 3 different sellers and didn’t actually intend to use all of them but just the one I like the most, would this “harm” the seller? I’d not want that, perhaps all 3 logos were great and exactly what the gig promised, theirs just didn’t end up as my no.1 choice.

The problem is that doesn’t reflect the thinking or want of convenience of real consumers.

99% of people hate the person who comes up in the clothes store and asks if they are finding everything okay. 99% of people hate the person who comes up on the street and asks them to complete a survey. People just want to get on with their lives.

Thinking about better questions to ask with new ones added before a buyer orders, is like the manager of a clothes store holding a staff meeting and saying "ok, today we’re just going to try putting clothes on people as they come in the door and see if that approach works."

At some point, you just need to know when to step back and let the age-old magic of capitalism happen. i.e, If someone wants something, they buy it, and if they like it, they leave a nice review.

Everything added to the customer journey before, during. and after this, is just perceived by most customers as annoying.

It probably depends on the individual. If the buyer thinks it will benefit them (eg. their future purchases), they (at least some) will want to use those options. They are trying to be the “Amazon” for services. And Amazon has the “improve my recommendations” option where you can rate purchases (not a public review, just used for your recommendations), you can also alter the recommendations when it shows you them (or at least remove them/select “more like this”). Maybe if there was an option for something like this instead of directly asking that might be better for some buyers.

Not all people will want to leave a (public) review. Lots of tech companies are using better recommendation systems because it helps (or should help) buyers/users to find the products (or gigs) they’d most like in the fastest way (and also helps profits, in 2015 it was said 35% of Amazon revenue came from their recommendations), without having to do lots of different searches (at least for things that are related to past purchases).

They could have another survey about the survey.

After I was asked to answer this survey:

• I felt uneasy

• I felt annoyed

• I wondered if there was something wrong with the deal I got

Taking surveys is taught in marketing classes. As part of our final grade I had to go to stores and take surveys of people as they left stores. So there is a good reason for it. The only difference is that the stores themselves are not taking the surveys. They hire an outside company to do it.

Youtube often presents me with a survey to ask me which brands I’ve heard of before showing me the video, or which brands I prefer among a list they show. This is actually google trying to target their ads to me.

LOL yes! I’m “people”😶 - when a sales person approaches me, I politely and expeditiously let them know that when and if I need help, I’ll look for them.

The same applies to surveyors, telephone solicitors etc.

Oh Lord, I don’t know how this would make me feel if I got it when buying a gig on Fiverr, unless I perhaps bought a psychological consultation gig …

Definitely. This question made me squirm every time I answered it because I don’t want to lie but can’t help thinking "If I put “not yet”, does this affect the seller negatively in some way? Or what if I put “no” because I perhaps ordered a logo from 3 different sellers and didn’t actually intend to use all of them but just the one I like the most, would this “harm” the seller? I’d not want that, perhaps all 3 logos were great and exactly what the gig promised, theirs just didn’t end up as my no.1 choice.

Exactly! And how do you “use” an advertising delivery - which is what I do… ? 🤨

Archived